• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What I would love is to use the same engine as Cities Skylines and have all those clever city designers to create beautiful cities in CS and then for us to be able to use those cities in a CiM like game!

Reactions:
What I would love is to use the same engine as Cities Skylines and have all those clever city designers to create beautiful cities in CS and then for us to be able to use those cities in a CiM like game!

The sad part is, CiM2 and C:S already use the same engine. But yeah... all we got is a dead unfinished CiM2.

Reactions:
Urban Games (Train-Fever) are working on a new transport game. ;)

Ehm, no thank you! your better off playing Simutrans or OpenTTD than Train Fever, they made a total mess of that game and 1 year after the release it still has game braking bugs and mechanics that should work but don't work at all. I just wish that there was a modding feature for CIM2, it would have given the game so much more life than it currently had...

Reactions:
Ehm, no thank you! your better off playing Simutrans or OpenTTD than Train Fever, they made a total mess of that game and 1 year after the release it still has game braking bugs and mechanics that should work but don't work at all. I just wish that there was a modding feature for CIM2, it would have given the game so much more life than it currently had...

Have to agree. It's nice that Urban Games are trying to add more games to the transport genre but Train Fever just isn't good.

Reactions:
I like train fever; I just think they are completely different games.

If I want to play the role of an intercity rail system? Train Fever. If want to play the role of a county/city Metro authority? CiM2.

Train Fever pretty much takes over my Locomotion itch. Loved Locomotion, but it's simply not suited for newer hardware, especially widescreen.

Love Cities Skylines. This game has revitalized the genre and it's quite remarkable how such a small studio was able to completely embarrass EA and the Maxis team. The modding is excellent, and it feels pretty much exactly what I thought a successor to Sim City 4 should be. With that said, in CO's haste to cut out and streamline they pretty much destroyed the transportation element. While as a city game I agree with the decision to turn down the detail vs CiM2, I think they went to far IMO.

Managing multiple transit lines is a complete mess. So much so that I pretty don't even bother with transit until most of the city is already developed. The Road building engine is also down-right atrocious compared to CiM2. Skylines makes it almost impossible to create the super realistic interchanges you could create on the fly in CiM2. In CiM2 I could make everything from auxiliary and exit-only lanes to partial cloverleafs.

For CiM3, please go back to the old road building engine. I also want even more options for traffic and lane types. I'm a transportation nut(road geek, bus fan, rail fan, aviation nut, etc.), so I would love to for CiM to be a transit AND highway/traffic engineering game.

Reactions:
Reactions:
I like train fever; I just think they are completely different games.

If I want to play the role of an intercity rail system? Train Fever. If want to play the role of a county/city Metro authority? CiM2.

Train Fever pretty much takes over my Locomotion itch. Loved Locomotion, but it's simply not suited for newer hardware, especially widescreen.

Love Cities Skylines. This game has revitalized the genre and it's quite remarkable how such a small studio was able to completely embarrass EA and the Maxis team. The modding is excellent, and it feels pretty much exactly what I thought a successor to Sim City 4 should be. With that said, in CO's haste to cut out and streamline they pretty much destroyed the transportation element. While as a city game I agree with the decision to turn down the detail vs CiM2, I think they went to far IMO.

Managing multiple transit lines is a complete mess. So much so that I pretty don't even bother with transit until most of the city is already developed. The Road building engine is also down-right atrocious compared to CiM2. Skylines makes it almost impossible to create the super realistic interchanges you could create on the fly in CiM2. In CiM2 I could make everything from auxiliary and exit-only lanes to partial cloverleafs.

For CiM3, please go back to the old road building engine. I also want even more options for traffic and lane types. I'm a transportation nut(road geek, bus fan, rail fan, aviation nut, etc.), so I would love to for CiM to be a transit AND highway/traffic engineering game.
I really, really want to see the ability to build realistic railway systems seen in Train Fever in CiM3. Along with working interchange designs (same-platform interchange a huge plus), this would make it the killer game for me.

I hope ever for a CiM3, but I think my next game will be TransportFever, because CO has no plans for a new game, unfortunately.
My hope to CiM3 gradually disappears.

Reactions:
Don't hold the breath for a CiM3.. The 2nd game flopped and they did not even fix the multiple crashes for the game.. A shame, because all the CiM1 needed was a larger map and multiplayer.. But the building system, and graphics in CiM2 seemed to lag the shit out of everything.. Such a shame.. I enjoyed CiM-series

I bought the Train Fever before summer and enjoyed it.. I will buy Transport Fever here on 8th november, and I really hope CO will release details about a possible CiM3.

Reactions:
Don't hold the breath for a CiM3.. The 2nd game flopped and they did not even fix the multiple crashes for the game.. A shame, because all the CiM1 needed was a larger map and multiplayer.. But the building system, and graphics in CiM2 seemed to lag the **** out of everything.. Such a shame.. I enjoyed CiM-series

I bought the Train Fever before summer and enjoyed it.. I will buy Transport Fever here on 8th november, and I really hope CO will release details about a possible CiM3.

CIM2 didn't flop; it just wasn't finished. CO's ultimate vision was to make a city builder. The CIM games were an experiment to accomplish their very successful Cities:Skylines program. At the time of the CIM games they were a very small game development studio; now they are bigger. I still believe that they will re-visit this game. It is the baby that got them started and enabled them to grow. Train Fever, IMO, was a failure, but I am indeed looking forward to Transport Fever; it's looking good. Nonetheless, don't write off CIM3. I truly believe there will be one.

Reactions: