• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't really care about realism but I care about coherence. Comet Sun is a big but normal bus with 29 seats (1 floor only). Why would I want to replace it with a huge articulated bus (Nova SA) with 25 seats? It doesn't need to have real life capacities or even related to real life, like real life - 30%. It just need to be coherent compared to the vehicles of the game. And rulesets doesn't help in this case.

Last edited:
I don't really care about realism but I care about coherence. Comet Sun is a big but normal bus with 29 seats (1 floor only). Why would I want to replace it with a huge articulated bus (Nova SA) with 25 seats? It doesn't need to have real life capacities or even related to real life, like real life - 30%. It just need to be coherent compared to the vehicles of the game. And rulesets doesn't help in this case.
+1

This is something that has frustrated me with both CiM1 and CiM2. In some cases there can be some quite large disparities between vehicle size and vehicle capacities - and I think this is also true not just between vehicles of the same type but also between different types. In CiM1 there seemed to be a tendency to give DLC vehicles more capacity than those that were in the game from the start; not sure if the same trend has continued for CiM2.

In lieu of being able to change this sort of inconsistency with rulesets, I seem to recall seeing a modding tool on CimExchange that allows players to change individual vehicle values (and there was some mention of building values too?) through editing the bundle files themselves? Of course, this only works if you disable Steam's auto-update function and don't mind reapplying your changes after every game patch.. Haven't tried this yet myself (or eis_os's bundle patches, etc) but they are on my list once I've finished playing through the European-inspired campaign! :)

Well the mod you refer is Vehicle Editor by immi. And it doesn't edit buildings capacity only vehicles. Still it helps with a lot of work only. Its hard to edit. For example vehicles have 3 parts (a, b and c) and you need to edit all of them or only one. Each vehicle is different.
The monorail Ness Mono for example have 3 parts, each with 7 capacity. So you guess 7 * 3 = 21. Well no, cause Ness Mono have actually 28 seats. That is because only part is hidden or invisible (don't know how it is). So basically if you adventure yourself into modifying the vehicles capacity one by one it will be a lot of work, try and error....

Last edited:
What about the rear cabins for the metro's, can we expect to see those in the future?

No, because CO is too stubborn to see that almost noone in the entire world uses LOOPS for metro trains. Also, I've seen that you can't fit a cabin car at the end of a customised metro train, which not only doesn't make sense, but also looks retarded. In the base game (+ preorder DLC) at least the vehicle parameters made sense, in these DLCs they really don't. For example, who was the genius behind the idea to give the custom-length metro train with 1 door per car (and a design notably inspired by a regional train, Stadler FLIRT) the biggest capacity of the whole DLC round-up?

I definitely agree, although on the ruleset I play(Which is 400% vehicle capacity, by far the most realistic capacity), the NABI 42 BRT is 80 seats(IRL, it's 40 seats and 40 standing, but the capacity itself is what counts), and the NovaBus LFSA is 100 seats, and the Proterra has 64 seats which is perfectly in range of how the real life capacities are. So for the NA buses(except for the dreadfully low capacity of the E60LFR Trolley), the capacities seem properly proportioned. Why the other vehicle capacities look like they were completely drawn from hat, I have no clue, nor do I see the reason for it.

I really don't get what in gods sake CO is calling "balancing". I play CIM2 with only 20% time and realistic vehicle stats, so a articulated bus has >100 passenger places, and my vehicles are always overcrowding. How am I supposed to play with 30passenger seats in a double decker and 5 times faster playtime? I don't get the train of thought behind COs decisions.

To be fair I have no problems with capacity. I play with default vehicles capacity (except for Trolley, with 20% more - but I have 3 trolley lines in the entire network, so makes no difference), and Monorails with 50% more (but I'm removing them and replacing with metro).
And I play with normal time speed. With a well designed network and enough frequency I don't have problems with capacity.

But I will never buy an articulated bus that have less capacity than a normal bus. Just makes no sense at all. I would even need to change my bus hubs in order to accommodate the new length of the buses because they have short stations for each line, and all that to have less capacity?