• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes!
It's important that it can generate a lot of passengers though.:)
A railway station would be far more appropriate than an airport. Airports are not found in many cities of the size that we are allowed by the game maps, they are also VERY LARGE and would need to occupy a large area of a smallish city. Railway stations are relatively much smaller.
To be useful a railway stations would need feature both ingoing and outgoing commuters arriving and departing every day. Most airports (here in Europe) do not generate nearly as much traffic as railway stations. Also cities often have more than one large railway station.

A railway station would be far more appropriate than an airport. Airports are not found in many cities of the size that we are allowed by the game maps, they are also VERY LARGE and would need to occupy a large area of a smallish city. Railway stations are relatively much smaller.
To be useful a railway stations would need feature both ingoing and outgoing commuters arriving and departing every day. Most airports (here in Europe) do not generate nearly as much traffic as railway stations. Also cities often have more than one large railway station.
Either is fine for me, but personally I would like an airport so I can transport a lot of passengers out of the city center. Maybe build a dedicated airport service.
I don't believe the airport would need to be 1:1 scale. I would also argue that most maps have some empty space where an airport could fit. But yeah, it would eat up some land.:)

Airports are not found in many cities of the size that we are allowed by the game maps, they are also VERY LARGE and would need to occupy a large area of a smallish city.

I don't think that it is that much of a size or scaling problem. Compare it to cities in motion 1: The cities were a lot smaller with less inhabitants and they featured relatively huge airports without giving the feel of them being out of place or unfitting. Also they did not occupy that much area, they belonged to the city and thus didn't hurt it. With the even larger mapsize in CIM 2 I can't see any problem with building an airport.

1. European styled buildings are basically replacing the original ones with the same function (mostly city centre buildings) and these buildings will be placed in the map editor.

So you can't have both types in your cities? A bit dissapointed by this honestly. I think it would of been better if you just added the new models without making them replace the old ones. Too late now, I guess.

Last edited:
Oh.. A bit dissapointed by this honestly. I think it would of been better if you just added the new models without making them replace the old ones. Too late now, I guess.

You name it!!!!

Even you have to choose a building set for dynamic city growth, in the editor all buildings should be available.

And if city growth requires to choose between the sets (what makes sense) - this should be descided for each new game and not for each map.

But it seems you guys really miss the airport. Would it be interesting to you guys if an airport would be introduced as a landmark?
YES YES YES YES train stations as well just ensure that it creates a large amount of traffic/commuters some how making it a work place would be great i think with a high occupancy of workers from the higher classes.

The thing about railway stations (and railways in general) is that at a basic level they would need no conceptual change for CiM2. All that has to be done is changes in graphics. A metro depot could be redrawn as a covered station and some new metro trains looking like mainline trains could be added to the existing metro sets. Voilà.

In fact, I already do a lot of this in my cities. I design (mostly surface) metro lines connecting suburbs to each other and to downtown terminuses, and pretend that they are train lines. Some of the existing metro trains could easily be short-distance interurban trains. Metro depots don't really look like train stations, but I can pretend for the time being. Eventually someone will design a more realistic train station, won't they? :)

Now, if the designers want to get more ambitious, they could give us a new type of rail transport: real trains. These could run off map in order to bring more people to and from our cities, something that would also increase urban transit near the main stations. Tracks would need no redesign, as metro tracks would do. To make things more realistic, it would be nice to have functioning light signals, so that trains never get too close to each other. Mind you, metro lines could use this feature as well - it is funny to see metro trains following each other within a few metres/feet - this doesn't happen on the London tube, the Paris/Budapest métro or the New York/Toronto subway. And, of course, we would need either light or barrier signals at level crossings, to prevent cars from running into trains (or vice versa).

As for airports, having them even as landmarks would be great. But here is an idea, should the developers wish to reintroduce airplanes landing and taking off (as in CiM1). How about applying real life logos of airlines to the planes? Then approach airlines and offer to use their logos on CiM planes. They would have to pay for the privilege, of course. Product placement in the gaming world! :) Enough money could be generated to maintain a full-time programmer or two to constantly improve the game.

Yes please, train station (as gsandi said) would be absolutely great and basic concept would not need major changes to gameplay mechanics. (and airports-aslandmark would be nice as well:p)

So Awesome. I built a map and left it building free in the hope that my guess about this DLC was right. So glad it was.

Also, a landmark type thing would be good for stations/airports. If it could be even something CiM1-esque with tracks and trains/planes running to and fro, that would be amazing.

Also +1 on the grassy avenues. It really adds to the colour and european feel without needing to change much.

Looks nice, well done! Thanks for listening to us!
But can we have European traffic lights and general street furniture to match, next please?

obviously necessary to fix before the DLC is released.

is it one DLC or several ?

Europe, is great .... Goodbye boring and monotonous style of American cities ( Just kidding :)... I love NY, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco and many beautiful cities from across the pond ).
Old Europe has a beautiful and varied cities that will make the game more interesting.
Thank you for making the most varied and beautiful game with this DLC.

... but with only 30 european buildings and no european street-look, I don´t know if this is enough. Let us see the release...

30 NEW buildings and NOT 30 buildings altogether. A lot of them don't have to be redesigned at all (heavy Industry, light industry, some commercial buildings etc.), because they fit in the european settings as well. So there's is exactly the same amount of buildings again. If we now have - let's say - half of them being reset that's more than enough. CIM1 worked in the same way with every new setting.

I know about the 30 new buildings, but these 30 new buildings will replace existing ones. And this is for me a no go...
...and why the american-street-style for european cities?

Stations already have, we need tools to create structures. We need a modular airport, which can accommodate the needs of each city, generating passengers.

Last edited:
I dunno, a city without a railway station won't look like a European city to me... railway stations are a focal point of the city center in every city in Germany.