• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great news! I'm really looking forward to playing the new campaign. :)

As MatthieuL said on the previous page, how will city growth work with these additional buildings? Will existing maps see new buildings pop up from the new European set, or is there a map-defined setting that restricts it to one/other/both?

This is exactly why Paradox usually makes the announcements ;)
Paradox always fails to announce a date, they just say: Hey it is coming but guess when :D So in this case, you have done nothing worse then them ;)
The City names are visible in the Screenshot file names, so wasn't much of a secret either.
After all it is really nice to get the announcement for a DLC in the official forum by the developer, I hope Paradox is fine with this and continues to let you announce stuff like this :)

If you now bring back airports and railway stations I will almost be completely happy ;)
(Besides connections to the outer world, aerial lines, more textures like cement, grass-filled avenues like in CiM1 (more european style ;) ) and other minor things already mentioned in this forum.)

After all, please just do not forget to fix bugs (like the bug which is there since you introduced the rulesets: the vehicle maintenance rules have no effect!).

As always: keep up the good work :)

This is great news, and thanks to Colossal Order and Paradox for finally providing us with a greater choice of buildings in our virtual cities. As I am constantly developing various cities, it would greatly help my planning if I knew the answers to the following questions:

1. Will we be able to place the new European-style buildings in existing cities (as we could the new landmarks that were added to the game some months ago), or only in the map editor?

2. In the map editor, when we ask for "generate buildings", will CiM2 generate North American and European style buildings randomly, or will we be able to ask for just one or the other?

3. Similar question for what happens when a game city grows automatically, with new buildings popping up left, right and centre. Will buildings in both styles pop up indiscriminately, or can we tell the game: listen, this is a European city, I don't want any American buildings in it - or vice versa?

It would be good to have this information, so that we don't waste time doing things that will be difficult to undo, or doing things slowly when soon we will be able to do them more quickly.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback!

Is there any information about pricing ? Also can we have both of styles in same city or do we need to choose one ?

Paradox as a publisher takes charge of the pricing, so unfortunately I don't have any answers to that. You will be able to choose if you would like to use the original or European inspired building set in the game.

As MatthieuL said on the previous page, how will city growth work with these additional buildings? Will existing maps see new buildings pop up from the new European set, or is there a map-defined setting that restricts it to one/other/both?

The new buildings will not appear in existing maps, but the ones created with the European building set and the three maps included in the DLC.

1. Will we be able to place the new European-style buildings in existing cities (as we could the new landmarks that were added to the game some months ago), or only in the map editor?

2. In the map editor, when we ask for "generate buildings", will CiM2 generate North American and European style buildings randomly, or will we be able to ask for just one or the other?

3. Similar question for what happens when a game city grows automatically, with new buildings popping up left, right and centre. Will buildings in both styles pop up indiscriminately, or can we tell the game: listen, this is a European city, I don't want any American buildings in it - or vice versa?

1. European styled buildings are basically replacing the original ones with the same function (mostly city centre buildings) and these buildings will be placed in the map editor.
2. You will be able to choose which set you want to use.
3. Yes, the game will pick the buildings from either the original set or from the set which includes the European styled buildings.

If you now bring back airports and railway stations I will almost be completely happy
(Besides connections to the outer world, aerial lines, more textures like cement, grass-filled avenues like in CiM1 (more european style ) and other minor things already mentioned in this forum.)

Wow, connections to the outer world and aerial lines are really not minor things in my book :D But it seems you guys really miss the airport. Would it be interesting to you guys if an airport would be introduced as a landmark?

Would it be interesting to you guys if an airport would be introduced as a landmark?

OOH YES! I almost can't handle the flood of this awesome new stuff and ideas :wacko:
An airport and a train station as landmarks would be a must-buy for me since they would add a lot more realism to the cities and could also define nice starting and end points for our routes! :D

Wow, connections to the outer world and aerial lines are really not minor things in my book :D But it seems you guys really miss the airport. Would it be interesting to you guys if an airport would be introduced as a landmark?
I think most people are asking for airports and train stations as landmarks.

Last edited:
I have to say it will be interesting to explore and play the Liverpool map. I have to say an Airport and train station would be something you need since Liverpool has an Airport in South Liverpool in Garston/Speke area.

The city also has Lime Street Station which is the Mainline and commuter interchange for the city since it has the long distance trains coming in from far afield plus they have the local commuter trains on the City Line not to mention the Underground loop line coming in from the Wirral (Which has four different branch commuter lines) as well as the Northern Line going through the city centre with trains coming in from South Liverpool (Hunts Cross) Further North (Southport) with further branches going to Ormskirk and Kirkby.

The Northern Line however does not serve Lime Street but cuts through the city underground between Moorfields Station and Liverpool Central Station before emerging groundside at Sandhills station Going North or Brunswick station when heading south.

Just out of curiosity When you designed the Liverpool map did you include any of the areas from across the River Mersey I'm wondering if parts of the Wirral have found their way onto the map? like Birkenhead for example? Or did you just concentrate on Liverpool city centre itself? I do hope some of the Liverpool suburbs got into the map too?

Whatever you did to design the Liverpool and other maps I'm sure they are going to be great especially if you have included original street names which will be a great help when routing buses etc.

Well done for all your hard work as the pictures look great. :)

I never intended to say that aerial connections are minor things :)
However, it would be great if such things as airports would be integrated (in any way).