CiM1 demolishes my Metro rails with new buildings

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Riggald

Corporal
12 Badges
Jan 4, 2017
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Ancient Space
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis III
In Amsterdam my underground Metro rails were broken by a new road tunnel.

In Vienna, my elevated Metro tracks keep getting trashed by new buildings (e.g. a new office block near the Sheikh's office)

It then causes lots of knock-on effects
- I plunge from making profits to making huge losses, as the Metro lines' profits plummet
- sometimes it changes a circle line into a moebius strip
- sometimes subway trains will all superimpose themselves on top of one another.

It can take about 2 years of game time to 'debug' a big Metro loop. Is there a way to get the game to check before it builds? Or pop up a modal dialog warning?

Again, I think you will find that new buildings etc, (like supermarkets) don't become available until after a certain date or year. So if you started your game in (say) 1920 , then those buildings disappear until a much later year, and yes, they can then erase all else beneath them, especially roads and rails. Trying bringing your game up to date and click on a later year, save it, and then carry on playing from that year onwards.