• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's when the Imperial KGB starts swarming out of like the cabinets and coffeepots and tries to arrest Konev.

..... but Konev is saved by two mysterious strangers. After brief introductions, Konev, Stalin, and Skorzeny go off to assassinate Stukov!! Muahahahaha! :D :D

*collapses unconcious*

*twitch*

I'm afraid I have some bad news. The save game I use for my game is no longer functioning properly. While loading up, it simply does not load. The game still runs properly, oddly enough. I'm going to see what I can do to fix it. Until then, the updates are put on hold.

You can always end it with a cop-out. Just end it, so I can add it to the 'Awesome AARs I have witnessed from beginning to end' list.

"Good things happen to bad people." -Emperor Alexei Stukov

April 2nd, 1948

Riding at the head of the tank column, General Vassilevskij grinned broadly, the wind blowing softly in his face. A virtual wall of T-54s rumbled steadily across the flat terrain. Up ahead, Vassilevskij spotted Konev’s base camp. To the right, smoke curled lazily upwards from the cratered hills where the warlords had holed up for their last stand.

Vassilevskij’s tank slowed to a halt. Soldiers slowly appeared from their tents and nervously made their way towards the tanks.

Vassilevskij jumped down from his tank and walked forward. Several men from his army followed close behind, their weapons held tightly.

An officer approached him, his hand resting on his holster. The two stoicly stared at each other, neither backing down.

"General Konev. Where is he?" Vassilevskij demanded.

The officer did not respond. Instead, he slowly cocked his head to the side. Vassilevskij glanced to where he was looking. There, unarmed and dressed in the old Red Army uniform, General Konev walked into view.

Vassilevskij turned to face him, sneering in disgust, “Just what the hell do you think you’re doing?”

Konev had a serene look on his face. He stared at Vassilevskij evenly, “Something I should have gone a long time ago, comrade.”

Vassilevskij snorted, “You disobeyed a direct order. You’re committing treason!”

“The only treason I committed was betraying my country by accepting this… this devil you call Emperor!”

Vassilevskij frowned. Konev, it seemed, had gone mad. It would be his pleasure to wipe him and his traitorous army out. But the last thing he wanted was to have his and Konev’s army destroyed fighting each other. It wasn’t their fault they were being led by a madman.

“Konev, you are a fool. Surrender yourself now so justice can be served.”

“Justice!? You call slaughter ‘justice’!? We have been turned into murderers, not soldiers!”

Vassilevskij fumed, “Your duty is to your country!”

”My country is dead!” Konev yelled, “Stukov twisted it around until it became a mockery of everything we once fought and died for! My duty now is to see the mother Russia is freed from the usurper. I don’t care if you think this is treason. I may be betraying the Empire, but I am not betraying Russia!”

Vassilevskij growled deep in his throat. “Men! Seize him!” he ordered.

Vassilevskij’s soldiers exchanged nervous glances, and slowly lowered their weapons. Vassilevskij glared at them, “What do you think you are doing? I ordered you to seize him!”

One of the guards shook his head, “No sir. He’s right. We’ve become monsters.”

Vassilevskij snarled and drew his gun, firing four bullets into the man. The soldier gasped and collapsed to the ground. “Traitor!” he spat.

The remaining soldiers moved forward and grabbed Vassilevskij by his arms. The general struggled to break free.

Konev looked on silently. Continuing to struggle, Vassilevskij was dragged away by his own men.

“Make sure he comes to no harm. Enough blood has been spilt.”

Like a tidal wave, word spread through the tank column of Vassilevskij’s old army. The men were deciding for themselves their own fate. They were tired of fighting for an evil cause. Tired of the bloodshed and murder and all the atrocities they had fooled themselves into committing.

They wanted redemption, to make things right again.

Konev grinned triumphantly, “Stukov’s power has always been in his control of the army. When he loses that, he loses his power. Come, comrades, let us take back our motherland and free our people!”

In his heart, Konev felt they would finally make things right. Once and for all.

Long Live the Anti-Stukov Revolution!

Now that you are freed from the constraints of a game engine, you can let anything you want happen in your story! :D

anonymous4401: Like I didn't do that before :p

----------------------------------------

April 20th, 1948:

Gunfire had been a noise almost unheard in the city of Moscow, the heart of a world spanning empire the likes of which no one had ever seen or dreamed of before. So tightly was it held in the iron fist of a tyrannical, and decidedly bloody regime. Revolts, riots, protests, and demonstrations that had ravaged other parts of the Empire never once occurred in Moscow. Elite Guardsmen patrolled the streets, casually boasting their deadly AK-45s and other, less advanced weapons. NKVD agents lurked in the shadows, making sure order was maintained.

Fear, some would say in whispers, was what kept the city in line.

But today there was chaos.

As the combined 7th and 8th Shock Armies descended upon Moscow waving the war banner, thousands of civilians rose up, swelling their ranks.

From deep within the confines of the Kremlin, Stukov and Azuren could hear only muted or muffled explosions and gunfire.

The pictures and ornaments decorating the room rattled gently as a tank shell exploded nearby.

Face grim set and contemplative, Stukov stared down at the map of the capital city. News of Konev's coup had reached Moscow belatedly. His agents within the Shock Army had been either too incompetent or too idealistic to report this rising up of the military.

Commissar of Intelligence Berzin had paied for this failure with his life. Amazingly, he had committed suicide, hanging himself in his office.

Before the mobs do it for him, Stukov thought darkly.

Another tank blast followed by a spit of machine gun fire floated into the room.

“The rebels have seized control of most of the eastern sectors of the city. Rioting and looting have broken out,” Shaposhnikov reported, staring intently ahead of him, not daring to meet the Emperor’s gaze.

Slowly, Stukov stroked his chin, “Reinforcements?”

Azuren answered, holding Feodor protectively in her arms, “The closest loyal army is in Iraq.”

“How long before the Guard is forced back to the Kremlin?”

“They outnumber and outgun us by a wide margin,” another blast, “They may be able to breach the outer defenses of the Kremlin in minutes.”

“Escape?” Stukov continued staring at the map, as if he were not phased by the grim news.

Shaposhnikov sighed, “Konev’s tanks will make any escape impossible, I’m afraid.”

“He’s right, Alexei,” Azuren said flatly.

Stukov whipped his hand to his belt, pulling out a pistol and firing half a dozen rounds into Shaposhnikov. The general stumbled backwards and collapsed without a word.

Azuren glanced down at the dead general, holding Feodor so he couldn’t see. Finally, she looked back up at Stukov, “Was that really necessary?”

Stukov shook his head, “Not really. Come on, we’re getting out of here.” He gestured and walked out of the room. The rate and volume of the gunfire had grown louder.

Walking side by side through the halls of the Kremlin, the Emperor and Empress made their way past countless terrified personnel and fanatic Guardsmen. Four of them followed close behind, weapons at the ready.

After several minutes, Stukov reached a large bolted door at the end of a forgotten hallway.

Azuren looked quizzically, gently stroking Feodor to comfort him, “The old dungeon? You want us to hide in there?”

Stukov opened the door and smiled, “Don’t worry.”

“If you say so.”

Stukov swung the door open. A cool breeze washed over them. The air was damp with moisture.

Without saying another word, Stukov quickly stepped down the stairs, followed closely by Azuren and the Guardsmen.

“Did you make an escape route in here?” Azuren asked.

“In a manner of speaking, yes.”

The old dungeon had been long left unused. The last occupant had been the Nazi commando Otto Skorzeny almost a decade earlier. But instead of a dungeon, and immense laboratory spread out in front of them.

Azuren looked around, “You…?”

Stukod nodded, “I did.”

Stukov wasted little time. Explosions of artillery blasts would be plainly heard. Dust and bits of debris floated down from the ceiling.

“We need to hurry before the power is knocked out.”

Stukov pointed to one of the Guardsmen and then to a large bank of computers, “You, activate that machine.”

The Guardsmen nodded and activated it. The whole array of machines seemed to roar to life. Overhead, the hanging lights dimmed at the sudden increase in power usage.

Stepping over to a control console, Stukov flipped through several switches. In front of the control panel, a circular layer of metal with countless wires and tubes attached to it stood.

“Is that a time machine, Emperor?” one of the Guards asked.

Stukov nodded absently, “It is. I’ve been slowly reconstructing the old New York device.”

”Our way out?” asked Azuren.

Stukov nodded.

“We’re abandoning everything?”

Stukov flipped a final switch and turned to face her, “Everything is falling apart. Even if we can manage to escape from Konev, his coup will spread throughout the military until we lose control of the military. And the military has always been what kept the order outside of Russia.”

Azuren sighed softly, “I suppose you’re right,” she glanced down at Feodor, “After all, he needs a chance to grow up, especially with parents.”

Stukov set a timer and the explosions overhead grew even louder, until it seemed like the ceiling would collapse on top of them.

“Hurry! It won’t be long until the power goes out again!”

Stukov and Azuren took their places at the center of the circle. The Guardsmen hesitated, shifting idly where they stood.

Stukov smiled and motioned them forward, “Come. We’ll need your loyal service.” The Guardsmen eagerly stepped up, taking positions around the Royal Family.

Slowly, the whine of the time machine charging up grew until it filled the whole room. Feodor began crying.

Suddenly, a sphere of blue light wrapped around them, engulfing the six occupants of the circle. Stukov looked at Azuren. Their eyes met, each staring deep into the other’s soul.

Whatever awaited them, wherever they were going, they would face it together.

The blue sphere crackled, and they disappeared from the room. Vanished from existence. They were hurtling through the twisting nether of the space-time continuum. Together, they had shaped a world to their will. They had built a country into a superpower, led mighty armies to victory, and had created a new world order that would never been forgotten.

But this existence had faded away into nothingness now. The past they had conquered, the present they had commanded, and the future they had created; all washed away in the chronological influences of time.

The End

Last edited:
So ends my newest, and probably best, AAR.

It is certainly regrettable that I could not actually conquer the world after coming so far, but there's little that can be done when a saved game stops working.

I would like to thank everyone who read this AAR. To those who praised and commented, and to those who offered your support and help along the way. And most of all to my Azuren. Without your support through all this, I could never have hoped to have gone as far as I did.

For now, that is the end to my AAR writing. But I am most certainly not through. Stukov and Azuren are still out there. The question is not where, but when. ;)

Suddenly they show up in the court of Nicholas I in 1836. ;) :D

Yeah. The mistake was trying to conquer the world in twelve years. Surely you need eighty-five. ;)

btw, Stukov went back in time to 1836 USA. in Chronological Infuences II An American AAR in the Vicy forums.

clamp2004: "but what came of the empire? Did it crumble?"

Essentially, yes. The military, which had always been loyal to Stukov, was really what was keeping the Empire together. Without it or Stukov, it would fall apart fairly quickly, as there isn't a strong central leader left that could rule all of the world.

But it doesn't matter now, since he's travelled back to 1836 and is once more going to rework history.

"will stukov be able to prevent his death by aging?"

It would be best for you to ask that in the appropriate AAR ;)