• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wojciech II was a formidable man who would ensure the survival of the Empire.
The time of troubles seems to be at an end.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Niezamysl was justly struck down by God (or perhaps Ukko) for his crimes against the people of Finland. Sic semper tyrannis.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Niezamysl was justly struck down by God (or perhaps Ukko) for his crimes against the people of Finland.
Of course. Of course.

No one knows who ordered it, although some suspect his brother Wojciech II or his rebelling brother Twardomir.
– See, told you, this has nothing to do with us. Hehe.
Mate how long will this take? We do not even remember for whom we are fighting for!
– Hmmm agents of agit-prop must be doing their jobs well. You'll answer for this treachery. We are still loyalists of the actual line, rebels to this line!
What treachery?! What rebellion are you talking about?!? It has been hundreds of years! You do not even remember the name of them you say we are loyal for!
– Of course I remember! The Emperor - err - the emperor - aah -
jeff!
Jeff?!?
No, Jak! - or Jakusz?
that's it - the Emperor Jakusz son of Wit! Yes we are loyalists of the one true emperor.
Cheeses.
– Whose side are you on even, now you are talking and asking such nonsense?
Realm. I am on the side of the realm of wendish empire.
– Ah that's just awesome. Let me guess, you are also a eunuch, aren't you? What's next, is there another one that will say chaos is a spoon?
Spoon??
– Yeah, spoon. To eat... soup?
What are you even talking about?
– Well certainly more practical than a ladder, see, you can carry a spoon in your pocket and...
Just... shut up. Just shut up mate.
– Whatever. Who is next anyway?
Wojciech. The second time.
– Farewell to Emperor Niezamysl the reconqueror of Finland! All Hail Emperor Wojciech the Second! Long live to him and glory to his reign!
– ...
You have already started another scheme, haven't you...
Yep.

I see from your maps that Georgia is bravely fighting against Byzantine Empire.
After seeing the latest map, have to echo @Gamov_Andrew once again: Dat Georgia tho

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I'm glad this got recommended, it has been a good read so far! I really like how you summarize each ruler, and the struggle has certainly kept it interesting. I'm excited to see this great ruler of the 1300s!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Niezamysl was justly struck down by God (or perhaps Ukko) for his crimes against the people of Finland. Sic semper tyrannis.

Of course. Of course.
Interesting thought. ;)
– See, told you, this has nothing to do with us. Hehe.
Mate how long will this take? We do not even remember for whom we are fighting for!
– Hmmm agents of agit-prop must be doing their jobs well. You'll answer for this treachery. We are still loyalists of the actual line, rebels to this line!
What treachery?! What rebellion are you talking about?!? It has been hundreds of years! You do not even remember the name of them you say we are loyal for!
– Of course I remember! The Emperor - err - the emperor - aah -
jeff!
Jeff?!?
No, Jak! - or Jakusz?
that's it - the Emperor Jakusz son of Wit! Yes we are loyalists of the one true emperor.
Cheeses.
– Whose side are you on even, now you are talking and asking such nonsense?
Realm. I am on the side of the realm of wendish empire.
– Ah that's just awesome. Let me guess, you are also a eunuch, aren't you? What's next, is there another one that will say chaos is a spoon?
Spoon??
– Yeah, spoon. To eat... soup?
What are you even talking about?
– Well certainly more practical than a ladder, see, you can carry a spoon in your pocket and...
Just... shut up. Just shut up mate.
– Whatever. Who is next anyway?
Wojciech. The second time.
– Farewell to Emperor Niezamysl the reconqueror of Finland! All Hail Emperor Wojciech the Second! Long live to him and glory to his reign!
– ...
You have already started another scheme, haven't you...
Yep.
Loving these. :D
After seeing the latest map, have to echo @Gamov_Andrew once again: Dat Georgia tho
An d I haven't even been close to them, all the AI's doing!
I'm glad this got recommended, it has been a good read so far! I really like how you summarize each ruler, and the struggle has certainly kept it interesting. I'm excited to see this great ruler of the 1300s!
Glad you enjoy it. :D

All: So I made a conversion to EU4. As I mentioned, I have not played the game much, as I didn't really enjoy it. I do NOT know what I am doing, which means I used the first 15 or so years just trying to figure out how to get out of going in the red (had to delete like half of my 150k+ army, figured out when my strongest neighbors had 55k max, I had some leeway. Didn't dare to go below 100k though. So still only barely going into the positive), while trying to keep my personual unions (yes, yes we'll come to that :D ;) ) intact. The only war I did ended up costing me 96 AE for making a small country a subject, which seems a bit much when it was my stated goal and the goal I got from the estates? Seriously, this will crash and burn. :D Which, I guess, will make for a good story. ;)

• 5Like
Reactions:
while trying to keep my personual unions (yes, yes we'll come to that :D ;) )
Yeah, when personal union is used in plural form, then that means in eu4 terms cool game, the end.

...but it is eu4, so... What to say, hmm. Naah, better to stop now. Will go with the safe route, adopted for quite a while now:
So I made a conversion to EU4. As I mentioned, I have not played the game much, as I didn't really enjoy it.
The author politely declines to comment anything about eu4.

Bon chance, 頑張って, viel Glück, Удачи with the eu4 part!
Hmm, will still check how the story goes for the line, regardless of the personal attitude towards eu4.

- Mate, you still have mentioned eu4, let's see, for five times, and now this is the sixth. Time for a venice forever run? Or dai viet survival run? How about hyper-inca run? Perhaps austria empire of horror run? Wait - palembang pirates run! Well?
- Stay uninstalled. Go away. No, please no, no. No. No, no, no! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
So you don't like EU4, eh? ;)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Love and hate (banal combination of words), despair and joy, tragedy and comedy, suffer and rejoice, honourable history (eu2->eu1->eu3) and tragic destiny (...), hopeful future and cursed past, charming and repulsive, cherishing and enduring, desiring and hurting, fun times ever to remember and rage quits never to forget, the life-bringing warmth of summers and the scorched earth of terribly high temperatures, the beautiful peace of winter snows and the icing cold of death, the gentle breeze and the thundering storm, the serene waters and the maelstrom in oceans, the infinity of peaceful plains and the eternal damnation of nothingness, the shining stars and the utter destruction of black holes, a sun to create countless lives and an event horizon to end all times, galaxies reaching the limits of gamma ray detectors and absolute collapse of suns into pure silence, the incredible excitement by the creation of dreams and the horrible fear by the desolation of nightmares.

In short, the author politely declines to further comment on anything about eu4.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Love and hate (banal combination of words), despair and joy, tragedy and comedy, suffer and rejoice, honourable history (eu2->eu1->eu3) and tragic destiny (...), hopeful future and cursed past, charming and repulsive, cherishing and enduring, desiring and hurting, fun times ever to remember and rage quits never to forget, the life-bringing warmth of summers and the scorched earth of terribly high temperatures, the beautiful peace of winter snows and the icing cold of death, the gentle breeze and the thundering storm, the serene waters and the maelstrom in oceans, the infinity of peaceful plains and the eternal damnation of nothingness, the shining stars and the utter destruction of black holes, a sun to create countless lives and an event horizon to end all times, galaxies reaching the limits of gamma ray detectors and absolute collapse of suns into pure silence, the incredible excitement by the creation of dreams and the horrible fear by the desolation of nightmares.

In short, the author politely declines to further comment on anything about eu4.
Pretty much my feelings, then. :p EU1,2 was great, 3 decent, 4...better left unsaid.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Emperor Wojciech II (1365-1406)
Emperor Wojciech II

(1365-1406)

96EbStl.png

With the reign of Emperor Wojciech II, the fortunes of the Wendish Empire turned once more and he oversaw a great improvement of the Empire both internally and externally.

Family

Emperor Wojciech II was married to a Byzantine princess called Eirene. Together they got three children, of which one would inherit:

Stanislaw

Pełka

Jan

His reign

The reign of Emperor Wojciech II was one of successes after successes. Despite most probably having suffered of cancer for the last 20 years of his life, he reigned for 41 years and improved all aspects of the Empire imaginable.

First, he won the war against Norway, before settling the independence war in his favor. When the independence war was won, he stripped Sweden and belonging lands from his rebelling brother, thus removing a potential threat and entrenching himself in Scandinavia.

Then he declared war on Denmark for the duchy of Jylland, effectively halving the size of the struggling kingdom. He would return a few years later for the duchy of Sjælland, which he won easily and then he usurped the kingdom of Denmark for himself.

In the intertwining years he used his large coffers to greatly enlarge the royal men-at-arms, and also replacing the aging siege weapons with brand new cannons, thus greatly enhancing his armies’ sieging potential. He also built up the crown lands to a wealth not previously seen, greatly improving the income of the Empire, whose coffers soon overflowed.

The next few years were spent at peace, while Wojciech II manufactured claims on his neighbor the kingdom of Ruthenia. In a short war, the neighboring kingdom was crushed and much land was taken.

The Emperor was not finished, though, and invaded Norway and the now independent enclaves of what was once the kingdom of Denmark. Both wars were won with ease, something of a norm during his reign – he was never defeated in war.

z9xRBUp.png

But after having suffered from his cancer for over two decades, the aging Emperor gave up the ghost 63 years of age. He would be succeeded by his eldest son Stanislaw, who would prove to be an even more successful ruler than his predecessor.

Aftermath

Emperor Wojciech II is regarded as one of the greatest rulers of Poland ever to have been born. His successes made way for his son’s awesome feats and made sure even his grandson’s excesses and unfortunate lifestyle could not topple the Empire.

3N2v4Zl.png

• 6Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
/the assembled Knights of the Holy Roman Empire show the Kaiser their map

Wie Sie auf der Karte sehen können, kontrollieren die Wenden einen großen Teil des Rheintals. Im Süden haben sie Freiburg genommen und stößt auf das Elsaß vor. Der Feind operiert jetzt auf den nördlichen Marsch zwischen Dortmund und Paderborn, und im Osten ist der Feind bis zur Linie Nürnburg und Augsburg gelangt.

Das sollte in Ordnung sein. Sie können nicht lange in der Gegend etabliert werden.

Mein Kaiser... seit...

Seit einhundertfünfundzwanzig Jahren beherrschen die Wenden das Rheintal. Seit Kennas Tagen haben sie dort freie Hand.

/the Kaiser, trembling, takes off his glasses

Es bleiben im Raum: Gara, Stibor, Cilli, Spano.

/everyone else nervously leaves the room

WAS ZUR HÖLLE!? DIE WENDEN SIND SEIT EINEM JAHRHUNDERT IN MEINEM LAND UND ICH KANN ES NICHT AUCH AUF EINER KARTE SEHEN?! WER DRUCKT DIESE DINGE? SIE HABEN MICH ALLE ANGELEGT! ALLE SIND VERRÄTER!

/Cilli nervously speaks up

Mein Kaiser, wenn Eure Majestät vielleicht das mittlere Mausrad zum Heranzoomen benutzt hätte, hätte Eure Majestät das vielleicht seh—

/the Kaiser continues to yell

DAS IST ZWEIT! DAS IST MIR NOCH NIE AUFGEFALLEN!

/Cilli speaks up again

Was Eure Majestät sagt, ist unvernünftig. Dieser weinrote Fleck auf der Karte war schon immer da.

/the Kaiser keeps yelling

WARUM NÜTZEN DIESE KARTENMACHER EINE SCHRIFTART, DIE AUS DER FERNE SO SCHWER ZU LESEN IST? ICH DACHTE, DAS WÄRE EIN ZUFÄLLIGER ABTRÜNNIGER UNTERTAN, DEN ICH LEICHT WIEDER AUF DIE BEINE BRINGEN KÖNNTE! ABER ES GEHÖRT ZU DEN POLZEN?! VON ALLEM ANFANG AN BIN ICH SO VERRATEN UND BETROGEN WORDEN!

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
/the assembled Knights of the Holy Roman Empire show the Kaiser their map

Wie Sie auf der Karte sehen können, kontrollieren die Wenden einen großen Teil des Rheintals. Im Süden haben sie Freiburg genommen und stößt auf das Elsaß vor. Der Feind operiert jetzt auf den nördlichen Marsch zwischen Dortmund und Paderborn, und im Osten ist der Feind bis zur Linie Nürnburg und Augsburg gelangt.

Das sollte in Ordnung sein. Sie können nicht lange in der Gegend etabliert werden.

Mein Kaiser... seit...

Seit einhundertfünfundzwanzig Jahren beherrschen die Wenden das Rheintal. Seit Kennas Tagen haben sie dort freie Hand.

/the Kaiser, trembling, takes off his glasses

Es bleiben im Raum: Gara, Stibor, Cilli, Spano.

/everyone else nervously leaves the room

WAS ZUR HÖLLE!? DIE WENDEN SIND SEIT EINEM JAHRHUNDERT IN MEINEM LAND UND ICH KANN ES NICHT AUCH AUF EINER KARTE SEHEN?! WER DRUCKT DIESE DINGE? SIE HABEN MICH ALLE ANGELEGT! ALLE SIND VERRÄTER!

/Cilli nervously speaks up

Mein Kaiser, wenn Eure Majestät vielleicht das mittlere Mausrad zum Heranzoomen benutzt hätte, hätte Eure Majestät das vielleicht seh—

/the Kaiser continues to yell

DAS IST ZWEIT! DAS IST MIR NOCH NIE AUFGEFALLEN!

/Cilli speaks up again

Was Eure Majestät sagt, ist unvernünftig. Dieser weinrote Fleck auf der Karte war schon immer da.

/the Kaiser keeps yelling

WARUM NÜTZEN DIESE KARTENMACHER EINE SCHRIFTART, DIE AUS DER FERNE SO SCHWER ZU LESEN IST? ICH DACHTE, DAS WÄRE EIN ZUFÄLLIGER ABTRÜNNIGER UNTERTAN, DEN ICH LEICHT WIEDER AUF DIE BEINE BRINGEN KÖNNTE! ABER ES GEHÖRT ZU DEN POLZEN?! VON ALLEM ANFANG AN BIN ICH SO VERRATEN UND BETROGEN WORDEN!
Oh man, my German is rusty. So do you say my long time owning of German territory in the heart of the HRE has gone unnoticed until now? :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
LOL, yup.

I gotta say, when I first saw your end-of-reign world map for Wojciech I did a double-take when I saw that. Then I went back and looked at all the previous maps and saw that, sure enough, that burgundy spot in the Rhine valley had been there going back to Kenna's reign.

And then I thought of expressing that surprise in Der Untergang meme format...

Reactions:
LOL, yup.

I gotta say, when I first saw your end-of-reign world map for Wojciech I did a double-take when I saw that. Then I went back and looked at all the previous maps and saw that, sure enough, that burgundy spot in the Rhine valley had been there going back to Kenna's reign.

And then I thought of expressing that surprise in Der Untergang meme format...
It wasn't even conquered. Someone at some point inherited it or conquered it without me interfering. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wojciech's reign was just what the doctor ordered for the realm. A successful, stable, long-reigning monarch. His son even seems to do better.

Not sure how far into the EU4 conversion you've played but I do have some experience in it if you want any tips. Let me know.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The EUIV conversion sounds quite entertaining! I don't know much about the game, but I'd be interested to see this story continue (assuming you enjoy EUIV enough).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Inheritances probably cause more border gore than wars!
Quite possibly, yes. I at least try to make my borders decentish if I can.
Wojciech's reign was just what the doctor ordered for the realm. A successful, stable, long-reigning monarch. His son even seems to do better.

Not sure how far into the EU4 conversion you've played but I do have some experience in it if you want any tips. Let me know.
It was very successful! In EU4 I don’t know half of it, I sure am not playing optimally. :D I’ve played to 1480 or so and managed to male my economy much, much better. But my ruler have 2 military points «income», and while Ruthenia and Byzantium have military tech 7, I just unlocked level 5… I’d love some pointers. I do think I am good enough to possibly play decent, but far from well. I suspect I will make it an AAR after all. I will play some more first, but thinking of it definitely.
The EUIV conversion sounds quite entertaining! I don't know much about the game, but I'd be interested to see this story continue (assuming you enjoy EUIV enough).
It’s far from as good a game as CK, but I will at least try to play on some more. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
It was very successful! In EU4 I don’t know half of it, I sure am not playing optimally. :D I’ve played to 1480 or so and managed to male my economy much, much better. But my ruler have 2 military points «income», and while Ruthenia and Byzantium have military tech 7, I just unlocked level 5… I’d love some pointers. I do think I am good enough to possibly play decent, but far from well. I suspect I will make it an AAR after all. I will play some more first, but thinking of it definitely.

Well, @Nikolai, I wish you luck! Honestly, I've had the same experience with EU4.

In CK3 I was able to pick up the gameplay fairly intuitively, but when I transferred my game to EU4 I suddenly found myself easily outclassed by my neighbours. Not to give too much away of my future EU4 AAR as Moravia, but I had two really disastrous wars: one where the Papal State utterly flattened all my armies, conquered half my territory, got me to a -90 warscore and made me sign a treaty that put me in debt for the next seventy years; and one which I managed to fight to a white peace with the help of my allies, but which sapped me of near all my manpower and mil points.

But: what frustrated me while playing, I hope will make for a good story.

Reactions: