- Mar 2, 2017
Kicking off with the release of the “Santa Claws” update, here’s the Steel Division: Normandy 44’s Christmas event! Join the community, play the game, and take awesome screenshots to win some great prizes! Here’s what we’ve planned for you!
Screenshot contest: Win a Geforce GTX 1080!
Wanna kick 2018 off with a new shiny graphic card?
Take amazing in-game screenshots and share them on Twitter to get a chance to win a nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 video card, as well as exciting Steel Division: Normandy 44 goodies!
From violent tank vs tank encounter to air combat, or peaceful Normandy landscapes, it's time to get creative!
Check all the details on the Steel Division: Normandy 44 Christmas Screenshot Contest on this page.
Exclusive Ace: Willy Kretzschmar!
Win a 2v2 Attack/Defense Breakthrough scenario before January 4th with a friend to grab an exclusive Ace: Willy Kretzschmar and his Panzer IV H (536) tank!
This new ace for the 12. SS-Panzerdivision accounted for 15 Allied tanks during the battles of Normandy, making him a “Triple Ace”. His Panzer IV H is pictured in game with his famous battle damage caused by a a heavy artillery shot.
Willy Kretzschmar will only be available during this event, so you know what you have to do!
"Santa Claws" gameplay update
The Santa Claws Update is now available, and there's something special about this one: it was tested and approved by the community during an open-beta phase.
It brings some cool gameplay changes, as well as some long-awaited features:
- Vehicles' critical damage repair by supply units.
- Remastered damage & critical hit system.
- Increased Short/Mid range precision.
- Adjusted vehicle offroad speed: this change affects about 80% of the vehicles in the game (and NOT the Hellcat!).
- Moddable DLC content for DLC owners.
- Active Pause, the game will now be pausable with the "P" key in Single Player (campaign, skirmish...), while still allowing you to give orders.
- Private 2v2 Breakthrough games.
We also have rebooted the ranked leaderboards, all the games will be in “Closer Combat” mode instead of “Conquest”.
We hope you guys will have fun during this event, don't hesitate to let us know what you think in the comments!