• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Current Future

Recruit
Jun 23, 2022
I have been enjoying my time with this game up until now. I am a completionist, someone who strives to win every achievement in every game I play. The only achievement I had left in the main game was 1001 Nights and I figured I had to grind about 100 hours to get it, so I bought the Natural Disasters DLC because I heard the Chirpnado could take a while to spawn. Little did I know just how much that was true.

I am a 43-year-old man who should have died when I was 31 when I had a severe stroke. The one positive thing I can say about the stroke is that it left me with the appreciation of time. Before starting the Natural Disasters DLC I had planned on purchasing the rest of the DLC for Cities Skylines and planned on starting Stellaris in the near future, but now those plans are dust. I will not support a company that has no respect for my time.

And yes, my anger is over an achievement. Completing games is practically the only thing I have left from my old life.

So, enjoy the money I have given you, because you aren't getting any more.

I have been enjoying my time with this game up until now. I am a completionist, someone who strives to win every achievement in every game I play. The only achievement I had left in the main game was 1001 Nights and I figured I had to grind about 100 hours to get it, so I bought the Natural Disasters DLC because I heard the Chirpnado could take a while to spawn. Little did I know just how much that was true.

I am a 43-year-old man who should have died when I was 31 when I had a severe stroke. The one positive thing I can say about the stroke is that it left me with the appreciation of time. Before starting the Natural Disasters DLC I had planned on purchasing the rest of the DLC for Cities Skylines and planned on starting Stellaris in the near future, but now those plans are dust. I will not support a company that has no respect for my time.

And yes, my anger is over an achievement. Completing games is practically the only thing I have left from my old life.

Dude, cheese it.

I'd also like to add, fix Creator. The 'Unique Scenario' bull is stopping the cheevo from firing.

You do realize that you can just walk away from the game and let it run. Eventually these two achievements will resolve. But I agree, they are the two lamest achievements in the game. You literally just need to nothing on your computer for these to resolve other than walking away and letting it do it's own thing.

You do realize that you can just walk away from the game and let it run. Eventually these two achievements will resolve. But I agree, they are the two lamest achievements in the game. You literally just need to nothing on your computer for these to resolve other than walking away and letting it do it's own thing.
You do realize that leaving my console running for hundreds, or thousands (or more) hours would require a lot of electricity, and all that electricity costs actual money, right? I don't have the money to support an indefinite grind and as I should have died 12 years ago, I'm not banking on time being on my side.

As I said above, I will no longer be supporting a company that does not respect my time. That is the only purpose of this thread, to let Paradox, Tantalus, whomever, that they lost a customer because of this.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
It is Steam that is responsible. They are Steam achievements. Steam gives you rewards for completing them that you can turn them into cash if you want or use them to bump up your Steam levels.

I agree they are a PITA, but I see no reason to abandon a game over it. I mean I can be very pedantic at times, but I learned to let it go after a while.

But there are some rare few achievements that actually help teach you the game. Too bad they are few and far between.

I should have specified - I'm on console, Xbox to be specific. As far as I know, such options are unavailable to me.
PS4/XboxOne X . Got the Chirpnado achievement on PS4 today. About 4 days running system while at work or asleep. Xbox is running now. 1001 and one nights takes about 3-4 days on 3 speed on blank map, wasteful but achievable. And I've died, gone blind in my left eye and got my sight back. Doctors told my parents I would not live past 10. I will turn 58 next month. Enjoy what you've got, live a bit and go for the achievement. Make a couple of copies of your city as back up. Plug your controller in to your system and put a rubber band on your thumb stick so your system will stay on. Turn your tv off to conserve energy. And there you go. My Xbox is on, I'll race you....Go!