• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kissof

Second Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2015
Chinatown District tool!

Hello there fellow CIMs!

well i'm sure that some people (like me) would love to have a tokyo based city, or asian type, or a chinatown type city.
And i was wondering, with the district tool, when you see skyestorm in his (amazing) "let's play" creating a forest district and see all the buildings changing by this policy:

Imaging delimiting a place in your city with the district tool, and choose "chinatown" module and see all the buidlings in this aera turn into lovely asian houses / commerce / industry :)

what do you think?

ps: well it could be also a DLC i don't know, with ploppables like temples and such!

China_Town_main_plaza.JPG

top10-hotels-chinatown-740.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really hope there will be themed expansion in the future.
The tech for this is already implemented with the "specialized industry" feature.
I can imagine a lot of differently themed neighborhoods like chinatown, medieval styled city centers, poor looking social housing districts and a lot more.

yea it would be great!
actually the district tool is an amazing and powerful addition.
i was refering about chinatown and asian style district because it is really appreciated by many and who never wanted a kyoto style city? :)

but also why not a DLC to make your city looking like an asian city?
but the district tool is interesting cause you can create a chinatown with it in the heart of your city so yea this is an idea to be eluded.

+1! The ability to create unique districts is probably one of my most anticipated features in Cities: Skylines, and it would be great to somehow influence the architecture of the city to reflect that. It would be great to be able to make a Chinatown with signs written in Chinese, temples, gardens, etc., and maybe a Little Italy, with pizza restaurants, groceries/delis, etc. making up most of the commercial businesses. To take this even one step further, the ability to "specialize" your commercial zones, in much the same way we can specialize industry, would be pretty awesome- you can indicate that you'd want a "Chinatown" specialization, or maybe an "entertainment" specialization to make a Times Square-type of district, or an "arts and culture" district to spawn galleries and small theaters.

Of course this might be some time in the future, but I'm hoping it'll happen eventually. For now, I'd be absolutely thrilled if modders are able to just create ploppable buildings that can be used to make unique and interesting districts in our cities!

+1! The ability to create unique districts is probably one of my most anticipated features in Cities: Skylines, and it would be great to somehow influence the architecture of the city to reflect that. It would be great to be able to make a Chinatown with signs written in Chinese, temples, gardens, etc., and maybe a Little Italy, with pizza restaurants, groceries/delis, etc. making up most of the commercial businesses. To take this even one step further, the ability to "specialize" your commercial zones, in much the same way we can specialize industry, would be pretty awesome- you can indicate that you'd want a "Chinatown" specialization, or maybe an "entertainment" specialization to make a Times Square-type of district, or an "arts and culture" district to spawn galleries and small theaters.

Of course this might be some time in the future, but I'm hoping it'll happen eventually. For now, I'd be absolutely thrilled if modders are able to just create ploppable buildings that can be used to make unique and interesting districts in our cities!

i agree!
this would be awesome to create a district in your city by using the powerful district tool. and specialize area in it just like it is in the game actually.
so you could create your chinatown districit :) (industrial, commercial and residential)