• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rodrico Stak

Kaiser
44 Badges
Apr 1, 2007
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
China Rules The Seas
A Chinese Naval AAR​
This will be my second Communist China AAR, though it will be very different from my previous conquest AAR. My goal will be to go from being a landlocked micro power to a naval superpower, capable of taking on the Royal Navy, the Imperial Japanese Navy, or even the US Navy. I will be using the following mods and special conditions:

1. CCIP
2. Official Smep (which, surprisingly, does not have any event ID conflicts with CCIP)
3. I have edited the Proclaiming the PRC event to reduce my belligerence to 0.
4. I won't start building a navy until Proclaiming the PRC happens.
5. When Proclaiming the PRC happens, I will change my flag and shield to that of modern China (I think I can find it in the modern-day mod).

Well, expect an update sometime tomorrow.

Good luck, China one the sea, what an idea. however, if you add CCIP over SMEP, you will loose many events of it, because all smep add is contained in the modded event files. And ccip have some changed too, so if you add one over another, it will remove the first.

Exemple: smep have events in nationalist China file than have nothing to do with CHI. CCIP have also made change to the file. the best would be to copy & past the added smep events (and to compare if all work).

Its just a friendly advice, maybe you take all this in consideration already. :)

General_Grant said:
Good luck, China one the sea, what an idea. however, if you add CCIP over SMEP, you will loose many events of it, because all smep add is contained in the modded event files. And ccip have some changed too, so if you add one over another, it will remove the first.

Exemple: smep have events in nationalist China file than have nothing to do with CHI. CCIP have also made change to the file. the best would be to copy & past the added smep events (and to compare if all work).

Its just a friendly advice, maybe you take all this in consideration already. :)
I did actually do some of that... but you made me take a second look at the files. I only copied the ones for Nationalist China, but CCIP also modifies France, the Soviet Union etc. Good thing that I'm currently only 3 months in the game!

Once I have finnished my current Italy game ( I'm currently marching through the Libanon, Syria and western Turkey ) I will play a Chi-Com game because of this. :D

China Rules the Seas
A Chinese Naval AAR

chcflag.gif

The Early Years: Part 1

The beginning of 1936 marked the low point in Communist China's fortunes. The Kuomintang forces had forced them into the long march to the mountainous province of Shaanxi, where they had been holed up ever since.

ScreenSave6-3.jpg

If Communist China was to realize its ultimate goal of Chinese unification, then its people would have to expect war. To further this end, one move was made towards interventionism on January 1.

The factories of Yan'an were simply not equipped to produce the same quality of equipment already carried by Communist China's veteran forces. To fix this problem, the General Armament Department was tasked to develop ways to produce an Early Infantry Division in Yan'an.

ScreenSave4-1.jpg

On January 2, Chairman Mao made a speech to the Assembly:

Chairman Mao said:
Previously, the cowardly forces of the Kuomintang would not dare to admit that we would lay claim to as much of China as they do. In this, they are wrong! And so we lay claims on the Russian Protectorate of Mongolia, as well as the northern part of French Indochina! Long live the People's Revolution!
struggle.gif
ScreenSave7-2.jpg

Not all the resources needed to maintain the 5 factories of Yan'an could be procured in Shaanxi Province. So a trade agreement with the hated enemy of Shanxi was signed. In return for the resources that the Communists would need to power their factories, Shanxi would get valuable military supplies.

The Red Army High Command knew that if they tried to fight any minor warlords and the Kuomintang at the same time, then the warlords would join the Kuomintang the moment that defeat seemed imminent. Therefore, a temporary peace with Chiang Kai-Shek's Nationalist forces would have to be secured. And so a daring plan to kidnap Field Marshal Chiang was hatched.

xian.gif

Ooh nice, this I gotta see. What kinda fleet are you planning on? BB's as well or only CV's?

nice update.

Which version of CCIP do you use?

HoldSteady said:
Ooh nice, this I gotta see. What kinda fleet are you planning on? BB's as well or only CV's?
I plan to use CVs and Battlecruisers (for their faster speed not to slow down the CVs, their decent firepower that is more than a heavy cruiser, and their shorter build time than battleships by about 100 or a bit less days IIRC). This is because I will be able to get the CV doctrine blueprints from Korea if I beat Japan.

trekaddict said:
nice update.

Which version of CCIP do you use?
Version .5... I think that that's the most recent version. But the "Never Ending Struggle" event is from SMEP.

China Rules the Seas
A Chinese Naval AAR

chcflag.gif

The Early Years: Part 2

Peace may have been signed with the Kuomintang on March 14, but the Chinese Civil War was far from over. With the Nationalists temporarily out of the way, the warlord state of Shanxi would have no outside support, and would hopefully collapse like a house of cards. So the forces in the province of Pingliang were transferred to Yan'an to participate in the coming war. Once they arrived, war was declared on Shanxi on April 1, 1936. The plan was to grab as much land as possible before Shanxi could put up any effective resistance, and then simply overrun Shanxi's troops.

Operation House of Cards: Phase 1:

ScreenSave24.jpg

However, Shanxi was not as weak as was expected:

ScreenSave19.gif

And despite their complete lack of supplies:

ScreenSave25.gif

They managed to eventually stall the Red Army's advance:

ScreenSave32.jpg

Before Operation House of Cards began, Shanxi had been supplying the Communists with necessary resources. However, now that the Communists were at war with Shanxi, this became impossible. So a trade deal was signed with the hated Nationalist enemy:

ScreenSave26.gif

Since Operation House of Cards: Phase 1 had failed, the Red Army moved to its contingency plan: Operation House of Cards: Phase 2, which was very similar to phase 1, except that instead of trying to advance on all fronts, armies not advancing would merely try to hold their position, while advances were made in the southern part of Shanxi.

This plan proved to work far better than Operation House of Cards: Phase 1 had ever worked.

ScreenSave34.jpg

ScreenSave35.jpg

ScreenSave36-1.jpg

Shanxi was annexed on June 29. This opened up a trade route with the Soviet Union, and so all trade relations with Nationalist China were cut off in favor of the Soviets. The captured factories of Shanxi were then put to work producing new infantry equipment, and later, once all the damaged factories of Shanxi had been repaired, work also began on training some mountaineers:

ScreenSave44.jpg

Subscribed. I hope your plans bear fruit, because I would REALY like to see a powerfull Chinese Navy.

4th Dimension said:
Subscribed. I hope your plans bear fruit, because I would REALY like to see a powerfull Chinese Navy.
Powerful compared to what? China has never IRL even built an aircraft carrier... so if I build only 1 aircraft carrier then it is more powerful than the modern Chinese navy :D Yeah, I know what you really mean, and I intend to be able to take on the USN (and win) someday. But first I'll have to beat those ominous 13 division stacks that Japan has...