• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
North Pegu :p

The time is ripe to crush ming and then turn West and show the europeans the wrath of the descendants of Genghis Khan!

Shaybanid
Chapter 11

There's nothing like a tribal succession crisis to start off the day, is there? The regency means there will be another in five years' time.

The crisis adds 10 to the revolt risk, something I can hardly afford.

Ack, those soldiers cost money!

Nooo… Pegu…

Trying my hand at destroying those rebels from earlier.

… I got them eventually.

What did I say…. another crisis.

I think I should report it as a bug.

Pegu! It lives!

Ramazan in the Andamans.

Pegu dies again :(

Colonised around Lake Baikal to get at the Mongols. 5 years to Mughals :D

Ate the Mongol khanate.

Ming now has claims on me.

Another bug :D

Aha! It's finally 1666!

Time for:

Oh damn.

shay154.jpg

Fine, Brunei, I give in. Take my prestige. Notice I am rich!

shay155.jpg

Finally!

I'll leave it here. Feedback shortly.

Viewcount: 902

Feedback

Rabid: Fixed the borders in India, Persia better get weaker soon!

Malurous: The wars with Rajputana were easy because most of their soldiers were in Africa, and the ones that were in India were all spread out and rubbish.

Avindian: My second inheritance ever in EU3 (first was inheriting Brandenburg as Bohemia). I have a knack for inheriting large useful countries next to me :D

CivandEUIII: Good suggestion.

Arilou: You really do think big, don't you!

I need more names for colonies!

Oh god what's what awful red stain in Persia now? England? You'll have to do something about them as well! Perhaps the showdown with Ming should come first though, you need to eat India before the Westerners take any more of the spoils ^^

"Although inferior in numbers, his well-disciplined troops" ...right! :D Either way, really nice going with the Mughals formed!

What's up with so many battles without a general? I'm pretty sure you can afford them at least. ;)

Feedback

Rabid: A war with Ming has been planned, but shelved recently. You will see in the next chapter.

HMAS-Nameless: I can't wait either. Oh wait.

Malurous: Huh, I forgot about generals. Thanks for reminding me.

Next chapter: France!

Ah, France attacks the Shaybanid Mughal Whatever?

Shaybanid
Chapter 12

Shaybanid reaches the Pacific Ocean (I will have to stop calling it Shaybanid :()

Jugjur is a silly name, let's fix that :D

:eek:

:eek:

Aargh!

Aaaargghhh.

Tech wise France have a huge advantage. Also, most of my soldiers are up near Mongolia, I was planning a war with Ming. This could be a complete disaster.

France has an army of 32,000, with a general. Ack.

I sent a colonist to Guam. If he succeeds, France will naturally just steal the colony.

…and naturally, he does. Against my wishes :mad:

I'm now stuck with a French army marauding around north-central India and no soldiers nearby, save 18k in the mountains near Bihar. For defence.

Fortunately the French are wasting their soldiers assaulting my forts. Killed 8,000 without firing a musket-ball :D

First battle of the war, in Madagascar. Unfortunately the Bretons reinforced the army with another 7,000 shortly after I took this. So I think Madagascar is lost :(

India, though… First victory! :)

Doomstack promptly squished.

More news from the colonies. Erk

There will be much sieging in French Orissa - they've carpeted it with lv 3 forts…

Miraculously, though, the soldiers in Madagascar manage to get a victory. It was probably because I sent the order to retreat before the Bretons attacked in Antananarivo - meaning they had time to regroup in Boina. :D

Haven't seen any Frenchies in ages.

War will conclude in Chapter Thirteen. Warscore is 5% in my favour.

Viewcount: 1126

Hehe, you really used your huge land to your advantage there. :)

It'll be interesting to see if you can actually get them to agree to a favorable peace.

Hehe, you really used your huge land to your advantage there. :)

It'll be interesting to see if you can actually get them to agree to a favorable peace.

He'll probably have to concede defeat IMO, the Europeans are usually like that until you take their capital.

Then the piggies start squealing :D

He'll probably have to concede defeat IMO, the Europeans are usually like that until you take their capital.

Then the piggies start squealing :D

That's the likely outcome. Anything else would require trouble for the French elsewhere...

Shaybanid
Chapter 13

I noticed there were no French ships nearby. Hooray for opportunism.

I told you so :p I won't be getting that back…

Here's me attacking the mountains in Madagascar. Oddly, both armies attacked each other in the mountains and both won.

Unfortunately I followed them back and they unloaded more soldiers; I have lost Madagascar.

It appears the AI is upset with me.

Nations in the war: Hungary, England, Lithuania, Hedjaz. Agh.

Of course this means I get to eat English colonies in India.

However England has a problem with that. 18,000 men are retreating from the battle despite having not fought in it. WTF

This is Lithuania's entire army.

Mutapa is mine! Brittany cannot have it back!

Meanwhile, in Uralsk.

Aha! Excellent. They offered me this despite the war being 5% in their favour.

Warscore with the Frogs is 7% in my favour.

Both the French and I are getting tired of this war. They still won't accept any kind of peace.

shay181.jpg

And now they've changed their minds. Let's see what I can extort from them.

shay182.jpg

Muahaha!

This update has been a long time coming, and I apologise for that.

You will get no updates between Saturday and the Sunday afterwards. I will be in London.

Viewcount: 1,531

Last edited:
Holy shit! You actually got all that without taking any of their mainland?

I'm impressed.

Surprising gains indeed. Did their war capacity stay at 100% or go down at some point? Did they perhaps end up at war with multiple other nations there?

Whatever the cause, you did well for yourself. :D

Shaybanid
Chapter 14

I found some eskimos in Siberia.

National idea.

I need to convert some Hindus in India.

Anyway, 1702. Nothing even slightly war-related has happened in a while.

Thus:

shay186.jpg

And here's how many minions Ming brought in.

shay187.jpg

First battle.

Tech:

Me: Land tech 27
Ming: Land tech 19

Numbers:

Me: 234,000 soldiers
Ming: 140,000 soldiers

Easy!

There the 54-year rule of Jani Muhammad I ends. And Muzaffar is not bad.

A fairly crucial battle in outer Mongolia.

Ate Nepal. Om nom nom nom.

Must watch the infamy as I plan to take chunks from Ming, as well.

Chinese and Uzbek soldiers meet in Mongolia. Are pursuing them to a province with another 20,000 soldiers in. Erk!

The 20k stack escaped (as you can see) to Gansu. Sending in the big guns now :)

Victory is mine! Time to clear up the rabble.

There are around 20,000 soldiers further east in Siberia, which will be dealt with.

Warscore is 31% in my favour partly die to occupying bits of Bengal.

Chinese in Siberia dealt with.

I won a battle, in which I attacked, whilst outnumbered. Awesome.

The war has concluded!! My war exhaustion (now 14) was getting high enough to get many rebels, and I wasn't able to deal with them very effectively in a huge empire with most of my forces in one area. Ming's war exhaustion is over 20, so SE Asian nationalists should spring up, and it may cause China to fragment. Here's hoping.

This instalment has been a long time coming. I apologise.

Viewcount: 1,875

Last edited:
Great to see an update! :)

Nice going there beating Ming up like that. Maybe next time you can get away with assembling your doomstacks for shorter times only, keeping WE low enough to go for major gains from Ming.

That changes things! :rofl: Solid choice to release Xia.