• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chickendew

Corporal
45 Badges
Jan 13, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Chickendew's European Tournament (Full, sign up closed)

Hello. I am hosting a European time-zone tournament. This tournament will begin on the 8th of February with the brackets being posted on the 5th of February on the Discord channel. The information relating to the workings of the tournament is located below with the sign-up details and the Discord link below that.

Tourney Information
Players need to be able to play on an acceptable amount of days on European (GMT+1/CET) evenings (Although games may be played at any time, this is just here to ensure everyone can play someone at some point). Each player must play 1 BO3 match a week unless of an exceptional reason (family loss for example). This is necessary so that the tournament doesn’t take centuries.

How the tourney bracket works:
BO3 double elimination with bronze-silver match.

How matches are set up:
Default 40mins Conquest. On the first match of the BO3 Cointossr is used to flip a coin. Winner picks map or faction. Loser picks remaining. Winner bans one division, loser bans two, and then winner bans another. The loser of the first match in the BO3 picks first, and the loser of the second match picks first in the third match if a third match is needed.

How results are recorded:
Replays need to be posted in the results page on the Discord server along with the match result. The result will then be recorded in the bracket.

https://goo.gl/forms/Y1jLw8QNLuiMCijn1

Discord Link:
https://discord.gg/SECvXnz

Last edited:
I have plenty of time to play, but unfortunately it's hard for me to play on specific dates, so it's nice to see a tournament that's not limited to a specific day. I will sign up for sure! I have been thinking of organizing a tournament myself (with around €40 in prize money for the winner), and probably will within a month or two, so I have some ideas when it comes to keep it active. Besides having reserves if someone doesn't show for the first match, a system could be used that the loser is allowed to fight in the next round if the player who defeated him doesn't show up for a week.

And when it comes to the rules, I think it would be better to either:

A.) Let the loser of the first match pick faction or map.
B.) Let player A chose faction/map in the first match, and player B chose faction/map in the second match, and if it goes to a third round, CoinTossr is used.

Otherwise luck will play a big part. As most of us know, the Allied side is currently stronger in 1v1, and obviously most good players are going to chose Allies again if they win the first match.

I have plenty of time to play, but unfortunately it's hard for me to play on specific dates, so it's nice to see a tournament that's not limited to a specific day. I will sign up for sure! I have been thinking of organizing a tournament myself (with around €40 in prize money for the winner), and probably will within a month or two, so I have some ideas when it comes to keep it active. Besides having reserves if someone doesn't show for the first match, a system could be used that the loser is allowed to fight in the next round if the player who defeated him doesn't show up for a week.

And when it comes to the rules, I think it would be better to either:

A.) Let the loser of the first match pick faction or map.
B.) Let player A chose faction/map in the first match, and player B chose faction/map in the second match, and if it goes to a third round, CoinTossr is used.

Otherwise luck will play a big part. As most of us know, the Allied side is currently stronger in 1v1, and obviously most good players are going to chose Allies again if they win the first match.
To clarify on the rules. The cointoss is only decides the picker on the first round and after that it is the loser of the last round. I will edit how the rules are stated to make this more clear.

I'm changing the way the bracket will be set up. There will now be a loser side to the bracket which will allow the best of the losers to have a chance of coming back in this tournament.