[Cheese][Gamey][Munchkins][Trashy blobfest] DDRJake doing it again with Ryukyu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

oblio-

Wallachian Warlord
16 Badges
Dec 4, 2013
oblio360.com
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
I haven't seen a topic here about this, yet. DDRJake has started another world conquest with Ryukyu. World conquest, not world domination, i.e. he wants to control the entire world (minus colonial nation).

So:
- Three Mountains take 2
- Ryukyu
- Chinese tech, no westernization
- Animist, no conversion to Christian

See the spoiler for the gory details.
DDRJake working his magic.
More magic.
Even more magic.
Main event!
Featuring:
Mission abuse.
Protectorate abuse.
Coalition abuse.
And basically abusing all the game has to offer :)

By the, in case you've missed it he started a new AAR: The Three Mountains: A Ryukyu.....wait, this again!?.

Actually, please PDX, don't waste your time fixing these so called exploits. If people want to play like that, damn well let them.
I doubt they won't try to fix them. They implemented achievements and it probably took them a while to do it, there's no way they want those achievements to become completely trivial.

I'm not saying that I agree with them, but that's how they do things, I feel.

I watched the very end of the 1st attempt to see why he stopped. I don't know why but I laughed hysterically as his army/navy was wipedright outside Venice. (as well as completely shocked that he was on the other side of the world in 1500)

Will watch is current attempt with keen interest

A dev was in the twitch chat yesterday and said that we shouldn't expect a hotfix too soon since most of the people responsible are on holiday.

[MovieTrailerVoice]
In a world... full of nations that are not Ryukyu... One Man... is called to make it right.

He must race against the clock... and bring 8000% overextension to the world... before the developers return from their deep slumber.

Watch as he bends the iron bars of the game's rules into pretzels,
milk the newly implemented features to make the best cheese,
and once again give this planet the name it deserves in...

RYUKYU.

Now playing in youtube and twitch near you!

[/MovieTrailerVoice]

Last edited:
This is amazing stuff, no two ways about it.

You can't ever fine-tune a game with this many moving parts to eliminate every possible exploit.

I have a lot of respect for DDRJake, he helps Paradox make the game better.

Really? I have trouble seeing any improvement that has come from PDox cracking down on Jake's so called exploits. With the "exploits" in the game, if you want to use them you can, if you don't want to, you don't have to. With them removed, we no longer have that choice, and in some cases, perfectly reasonable game mechanics - e.g. basing your armies in allied territory prior to a war - have been removed and bug ridden messes put in their place.

The only people I see hurt by exploit fixes are those who want to mimic DDRJake's methods for a free achievement rather than working out a way to do it on their own.

The only people I see hurt by exploit fixes are those who want to mimic DDRJake's methods for a free achievement rather than working out a way to do it on their own.

Or just those that find using these "exploits" fun? On the other hand who benefits from them being removed? Not those that used them obviously. Not those that didn't use them, as they'll just play the same as they did before. Leaving...who exactly? So, frankly, why bother taking them out?

I don't find the current state of mission rewards "fun". Some are too good, and some are pathetic. Many are simple carry overs from EU3 and/or the rewards were balanced around a completely different version of the game than what it is today. By drawing attention to them, Paradox can hopefully fix them, and make choosing and doing missions a much more interesting mechanic in the game than it is now.

If some players find completely unbalanced mission rewards "more fun", well.. I don't really care.

I don't find the current state of mission rewards "fun". Some are too good, and some are pathetic. Many are simple carry overs from EU3 and/or the rewards were balanced around a completely different version of the game than what it is today. By drawing attention to them, Paradox can hopefully fix them, and make choosing and doing missions a much more interesting mechanic in the game than it is now.

If some players find completely unbalanced mission rewards "more fun", well.. I don't really care.

I wish I had your optimism. Sure, I'd love to see a more interesting and in-depth mission mechanic. But what we're going to get is the same mechanics we have now with either some limitations on them (e.g. how often the same one can come up) and/or lesser rewards. At which point, we're back to the question I asked before: who benefits? Those that don't use the exploits aren't affected, while those who do are penalised. So why do it?

You do realize people could just turn on Cheat engine and get every achievement they want to by using invincible armies, 1 day movement and 1 day construction.

You do realize people could just turn on Cheat engine and get every achievement they want to by using invincible armies, 1 day movement and 1 day construction.

I do realize that. I wish more realized that, then maybe there would be less whining on the forum because mean Paradox took away their ability to get an achievement.