• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JohanLerstrom

Paradox Dev
Paradox Staff
2 Badges
Oct 4, 2010
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
There have been a lot of requests for a list of what features are in the 2.2 patch and what are in the Charlemagne DLC, heres a list of the big features:

DLC:
- New 769 Bookmark
- The Chronicle
- Custom Kingdoms and Empires
- Viceroys
- Events & Decisions supporting the early start date
- Various Story and Flavour events

Patch:
- Regency Overhaul
- Seasonal Effects
- Vassal Limit
- Tribes
- Elective Gavelkind

There have been a lot of requests for a list of what features are in the 2.2 patch and what are in the Charlemagne DLC, heres a list of the big features:

DLC:
- New 769 Bookmark
- The Chronicle
- Custom Kingdoms and Empires
- Viceroys
- Events & Decisions supporting the early start date
- Various Story and Flavour events

Patch:
- Regency Overhaul
- Seasonal Effects
- Vassal Limit
- Tribes
- Elective Gavelkind

Sensible. There are many good reasons for buying this dlc.

If I may suggest, Regency should be a DLC feature while Viceroys should be Patch feature, this way those who interested in better Byzantium could use the features without needing CM (well, mostly because they've bought LoR, DLC focused on Byzantium)...
Beside, for a DLC about RPG side of the game, Regency is more suited for RPG aspect then Viceroy...

Though I suppose Viceroy is a more appealing feature to sell...
I myself will buy CM, but I still mean what I said...

Unless, Byzantium get their Exarch for free...

We wont have a very immersive experience playing Byzantium without the DLC right? (viceroys)

- "Various Story and Flavour events"

All related to Charlemagne only?

We wont have a very immersive experience playing Byzantium without the DLC right? (viceroys)

They have said before that this is not the case. Charlemagne (and the folks around him) will have a special set, but there are new events for all.

Some other events that can be seen in Dev MP session so far are: Fall of Avar and Iconoclasm...
I think there will be even more than that...

All current start dates have tribes in them, mostly in pagan areas.

General tribal questions.

- Since all-tribals can now raid, will Pagans get anything to compensate, aside from the fact they can still raid while feudal?

- In other thread, it was said "current tribal titles" like Great Moravia would be reworked on. If you don't buy the DLC, will these changes come into effect? (i'm buying DLC anyway but someone else might be interested)

All current start dates have tribes in them, mostly in pagan areas.

Does Ireland have tribes in Irish areas up to the last stardate? That would actually make sense (although they could have various levels of holding), even to the point of England having "tribal vassals" in Ireland.

Are there balance issues with giving tribals the right to raid members of their own religion? Are there any plans to give duke level titles to Irish rulers in 769, considering the new subjugation cb leaves the inherent balance issues moot?

Are there balance issues with not giving tribals the right to raid members of their own religion?

Pagans cannot raid their co-religionist either (example, Slavic cannot raid a holding held by Slavic) so this is just as it's always been. In case of Christians, if they become heretics they should be able to raid non-heretics with current mechanics.

Well, for me, Byzantium is the empire i'll play the most : angry muslims surrounding you, specific events, hordes surrounding you, Constantinople, seljuks, new and cool greek names instead of default title names,etc.

For the sake of more flavor when i play the Byzies, i think you just made my mind Paradox, i'll have to buy CM.

I hate you Paradox, because i might love you a lot to pay full price for a DLC! o_O

Pagans cannot raid their co-religionist either (example, Slavic cannot raid a holding held by Slavic) so this is just as it's always been. In case of Christians, if they become heretics they should be able to raid non-heretics with current mechanics.

I'm aware of this, I just never understand which it should remain. Clearly with the Pagan mechanic, because it is a religion based mechanic, there is some justification for keeping it for use against other religions. I don't see that same justification with tribals though. It also means that places like Ireland and Pictland will not be able to raid to build up prestige (especially in the 769 start) given they have no nearby targets. Whereas if they could, there would be glorious (and historically accurate) chaos.

If I may suggest, Regency should be a DLC feature while Viceroys should be Patch feature, this way those who interested in better Byzantium could use the features without needing CM (well, mostly because they've bought LoR, DLC focused on Byzantium)...

I support this :cool:

I'm aware of this, I just never understand which it should remain. Clearly with the Pagan mechanic, because it is a religion based mechanic, there is some justification for keeping it for use against other religions. I don't see that same justification with tribals though. It also means that places like Ireland and Pictland will not be able to raid to build up prestige (especially in the 769 start) given they have no nearby targets. Whereas if they could, there would be glorious (and historically accurate) chaos.

They will need boats but that is probably doable after few feasts and whatnot for prestige and they can go raid to Iberia. Hopefully they have fixed AI (this is very likely) so it actually raids as I've yet to see any non-norse do some raiding.