• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Refer to post between this one and yours. They'll be buggy and prone to CTD's. Sure, you can LOAD the save, but is it playable is an entirely different question.

It may not, so it's not a flat out now like you said.

Man, I thought CK2 was done for me... and now you go and do this? Seriously I only have 24 hours in a day to play Paradox games. I already reduced my sleep time from 8 to 6 hours but it's not going to be enough!

Let's see what other things I can reduce:
- Work: Already did, game > work.
- Food: Already done, I eat at my computer desk while my armies replenish.
- Bathroom breaks: Guess I could start wearing diapers... something to consider.
- Sex: Nah, that's only like 10 minutes a day if you ask my girlfriend.
- Girlfriend: hmm... she does get pesky wanting to 'go out'. Plot to remove girlfriend?

Man, I thought CK2 was done for me... and now you go and do this? Seriously I only have 24 hours in a day to play Paradox games. I already reduced my sleep time from 8 to 6 hours but it's not going to be enough!

Let's see what other things I can reduce:
- Girlfriend: hmm... she does get pesky wanting to 'go out'. Plot to remove girlfriend?

Sacrifice GF to pagan gods ?

There have been a lot of requests for a list of what features are in the 2.2 patch and what are in the Charlemagne DLC, heres a list of the big features:

DLC:
- New 769 Bookmark
- The Chronicle
- Custom Kingdoms and Empires
- Viceroys
- Events & Decisions supporting the early start date
- Various Story and Flavour events

Patch:
- Regency Overhaul
- Seasonal Effects
- Vassal Limit
- Tribes
- Elective Gavelkind
Oh great Dagda, Thor and Perun. Please let me survive this day without rage, cursing and punching the keyboard until I can buy the DLC from steam.

Just bought the DLC.

Just bought the Dlc... What happened to my Vargarin Guards ?. The Norse ones you normally get as Eastern Roman Empire. is it because of the new start date that i can not get them right away ?

Just bought the Dlc... What happened to my Vargarin Guards ?. The Norse ones you normally get as Eastern Roman Empire. is it because of the new start date that i can not get them right away ?
According to the wiki, the earliest record of Rus soldiers in the service of the Emperor was 874, and the Varangian Guard was formally constituted in the year 988.

According to the wiki, the earliest record of Rus soldiers in the service of the Emperor was 874, and the Varangian Guard was formally constituted in the year 988.

They weren't in the 867 start either, though Basil could create them pretty early (particularly in the player's hands, but even the AI usually created them before Basil died).