Chapter 1 - Who did you side with? Did you take all companions? [spoilers inside]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I sided with Chorus, thought that assimilation is better aproach than kill them all. Now i discover that they seems to be too chaotic for my taste. Happens. Still playing. Feeling like killing Voices at some point. Tunan seems the sensible one now. When the war is over conquering hordes are no longer needed so sorry Chorus.
Took all companions but playing with Verse, Barik, Quill. My character is frost caster.

One good thing is that i alreadyy feel like playing another time, this time siding with Ash.

Like many here, I sided with the Chorus, and as the game progressed I started realizing just how psychotic the Voices of Nerat is (are?). Finished that game just now, andloved the playthrough, thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of being stuck with these psychopath allies I didn't really want, but needed to complete the objectives. Next run I'll do the rebels for something completely different, I think.

I took the lone wolf route but I wasn't very happy with it. I tried to ally minor factions and build up my own thing in this playthrough but game didn't let me. Against the unbroken for example there wasn't a single neutral or friendly talking option. I had to slaughter them with no choice. I tried to force some Chorus or Disfavoured to choin me instead but no.. Only option was kill them or let them run. I was really disappointed with the anarchy route. Wanted to play it like someone who does everything to become more mighty but game forced me to play it like a super psychopath who just kills everything. I really enjoyed the game but I think the anarchy-route is the least enjoyable from all.

I took the lone wolf route but I wasn't very happy with it. I tried to ally minor factions and build up my own thing in this playthrough but game didn't let me. Against the unbroken for example there wasn't a single neutral or friendly talking option. I had to slaughter them with no choice. I tried to force some Chorus or Disfavoured to choin me instead but no.. Only option was kill them or let them run. I was really disappointed with the anarchy route. Wanted to play it like someone who does everything to become more mighty but game forced me to play it like a super psychopath who just kills everything. I really enjoyed the game but I think the anarchy-route is the least enjoyable from all.

The whole point of that route is that you wish to handle things yourself due to you believing all the factions suck at their job or you just want power for yourself for me I believe rebels, disfavored and chorus were in the way of bringing kyros order to the tiers so they were dealt with if you look at my profile two certain archons agreed with me in the end. :D I personally feel the path was awesome.

You can even tell them it's about justice not greed.

Kyros plans for the tiers BIG spoilers.

Kyros fully intended for the armies to be at each other throats and have them kill each other so the weaker Archon get's culled in doing so they he/she has less Archons to deal with. Plus kyros has plans for the PC because they make the express point in the solo route that Kyros knows what you are doing and could of killed you ANY time.

Mark also makes the point that if Kyros does not want Archons around she has them killed before their powers mature. So I think kyros was putting their chips on you to win the civil war and take control of the tiers. Kyros makes it even official and has an Archon badge delivered to you.

As I said before my character believes in kyros justice and order and I proved that I was not in it for greed by making Tunon decree that I am innocent and him bowing to me and serving me.

Last edited:
The whole point of that route is that you wish to handle things yourself due to you believing all the factions suck at their job or you just want power for yourself for me I believe rebels, disfavored and chorus were in the way of bringing kyros order to the tiers so they were dealt with if you look at my profile two certain archons agreed with me in the end. :D I personally feel the path was awesome.

You can even tell them it's about justice not greed.

Kyros plans for the tiers BIG spoilers.

Kyros fully intended for the armies to be at each other throats and have them kill each other so the weaker Archon get's culled in doing so they he/she has less Archons to deal with. Plus kyros has plans for the PC because they make the express point in the solo route that Kyros knows what you are doing and could of killed you ANY time.

Mark also makes the point that if Kyros does not want Archons around she has them killed before their powers mature. So I think kyros was putting their chips on you to win the civil war and take control of the tiers. Kyros makes it even official and has an Archon badge delivered to you.

As I said before my character believes in kyros justice and order and I proved that I was not in it for greed by making Tunon decree that I am innocent and him bowing to me and serving me.

Yes I know and I was also forced in the law approach and probably experienced the same story because of that. The anarchic route just gives 2 options: take the just route and try to be as lawfull as possible or be an idiot who is openly greedy and be true chaotic evil. I just wanted a neutral evil playthrough, not a lawfull one, in which I am greedy without being stupid. I liked the game but I was just disappointed with the anarchy path because it didn't let me play the game like I wanted to. To get the outcome I had in my head I probably have to go with one of the 2 archons but oh well. ;)

About the rebell-joining. How is this possible? I just tried to join them with a new character but failed: I took the peacefull route during conquest; I spared every rebell and told Eb everything I knew but I still got the missive from the rebells that we will meet on battlefield (no invitation). Is the rebell-joining option blocked if I finish the side quests or does someone has an idea what I am doing wrong?

@Hopit @Franz Limit
Regarding the allying with the rebels. You have to do something in the conquest most, to my knowledge. Here is what:

In the conquest mode, during the 2nd year of the war you have to be positioned at the tower. Then, when on the third phase of that year and deciding what to do with tower, you have to end it peacefully (AKA choose the disfavored options). This gives you 1 positive level of relations with the rebels. Then, just make sure you save as much rebel lives as possible in act 1. You will then be sent a missive to meet with the rebel leader.

Last edited:
Reactions:
@Hopit @Franz Limit
Regarding the allying with the rebels. You have to do something in the conquest most, to my knowledge. Here is what:

In the conquest mode, during the 2nd year of the war you have to be positioned at the tower. Then, when on the third phase of that year and deciding what to do with tower, you have to end it peacefully (AKA choose the disfavored options). This gives you 1 positive level of relations with the rebels. Then, just make sure you save as much rebel lives as possible in act 1. You will then be sent a missive to meet with the rebel leader.

Yes, I did do that before joining the rebels. I didn't realize it was required though.

@Gyrvendal
If you don't do it then they don't trust you enough when you try and save them by telling them to run in multiple occasions.

@Radaway
The first spire you enter, in conquest mode, after the merchant city, (second year) you choose between a town to the west and a tower (spire) in the center.

Bah, I did what you told me and now these rebels presume that I'm, somehow, AGAINST Kyros and all my dialogue options are like: "Heyyyy, wanna overthrow Kyros? It's gonna be great!" - and I don't even have a lie option there. But I want to stay loyal, I just hate both of the archons. Damnit. Will restart, be more evil.

Bah, I did what you told me and now these rebels presume that I'm, somehow, AGAINST Kyros and all my dialogue options are like: "Heyyyy, wanna overthrow Kyros? It's gonna be great!" - and I don't even have a lie option there. But I want to stay loyal, I just hate both of the archons. Damnit. Will restart, be more evil.

Go solo then if you don't like either Archons and the rebels are clearly breaking the law of kyros. You can outright tell Tunon you did it because both Archons suck at their jobs afterwards then you work with the best NPC ever.

Somewhere during Act I, I decided that I was tired of dealing with two of the most incompetent "armies" I have ever had the dishonor of working with. So I sided with the Chorus during the initial invasion, and promptly kicked the idiots out of the Spire when I was done with them. That done, I left a trail of capriciously doled-out mercy and malevolence alike across Tiers, driven by ambition and dark whimsy in equal measures under the banner of a pink heart.

Like I told Bleden Mark: "I'm just going to keep doing whatever I feel like until somebody stops me." And nobody stopped me, or at least, none succeeded.

Last edited:
During the conquest I ended up siding with the Chorus, just how it worked out. However during act 1 everything I did seem to anger them and made the disfavored happy (or less angry with me). I ended up picking Ashe to lead the battle but that is only because I had to pick one side. At that point I was ready kill them all and I would have just left them to their petty fighting if I wasn't also going to die...thanks Kyros I hope we get to chat about that latter on.

I have been less than impressed with Tunon so I have a feeling I should have gone with the rebels or just solo. I have to say seeing that Betray Alliance option is getting more and more tempting. Still there is a small part of me that feels sad for Ashe as there is something going on that he hasn't told me yet and it can't just be his daughter considering how that turned out.

Tried to stay neutral and just uphold the law, damn Chorus were madmen but i was able to tolerate them...until Nerat went crazy, so i sided with disfavored.
Took the mountain Spire, claimed it for my own, didnt kick the rebel off the roof, she seems to have disappeared though,also recruited Eb.
Talked to Judge Joe Tunon, and told him neither Archon is right and both are fools, and that i sided with Big blue guy, for the moment.

im in Act 2 now, and recently found the "artifact" and am starting to believe neither archon is capable and that i might have to end this alliance i have with the Disfavored.

Go solo then if you don't like either Archons and the rebels are clearly breaking the law of kyros. You can outright tell Tunon you did it because both Archons suck at their jobs afterwards then you work with the best NPC ever.

Did just that. One of the best characters in CRPG's ever, I'd say. I didn't expect a bored, old man to be so cool.

Edit: also, Eb's dead. Someone here did the same, and that's the best thing to do with her. Game has 3 mages, 2 rogues and a single fighter as NPC's, Kill in shadows lived only because I had no 'kill' option for her. Barik, Verse and Songbird carry everything, Lantry gets a stroll after clearing the ruins, to learn sigils, but Eb...Eb's dead. Praise Kyros.

My choice between armies was affected by discovery about Grave Ashe's son Brennix tortured, killed and "absorbed" by Nerat. Treachery of this kind can only be repayed in blood. So my first playthrough was with Dysfavored and only Grave Ashe and Sirin remaining alive from archons.