Chapter 1 - Who did you side with? Did you take all companions? [spoilers inside]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Yenzen

Stagnant Descendant
48 Badges
Jul 23, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I just completed chapter 1 and decided to join forces with Graven Ashe. Overall, despite some differences of opinion (not allowing anything but northerners to join, being a bit too scorched earth at times) they seem far less psychotic and I can imagine that they would actually leave a working civilization behind them, unlike the Scarlet Chorus.

The Scarlet Chorus overall just seems way too Chaotic Evil for me.

I briefly wondered going at it alone, but it just seems foolish to not form a viable connection with one of the warring Archons and only having Tunon as a (possible?) ally. I wonder what major difference being on your own makes down the line. I don't know if you could really side with the rebels at the end of chapter 1 - could you? How does that change things?

I somehow managed to get on Eb's good side... Everyone, actually, and Verse is the only companion with equal amounts of fear and loyalty.

Nah, you can't side with the rebels in chapter 1.

I also joined with the Unfavored, but decided to ditch them in the middle of my playthrough (in the end, was somewhat disappointed with the non-allied ending tbh.)

Nah, you can't side with the rebels in chapter 1.
Actually you can. I just did it. You have to do a pretty specific set of actions. When Eb meets you while travelling you have to answer all her questions and tell her about the edict, then you have to spare both of the rebel commanders (at the crossing and at the rebel camp). When you do that you will receive a missive from the rebel commander and you can join them.

Reactions:
i have sort of accidentally ended up working with the Red Chorus... I was trying to get both Archons to attack together but Graven Ashe was bitching so much I just got annoyed and said the Red Chorus could lead the attack... It seemed like a bit of an over reaction to call me a traitor and start a civil war over that...

But now I am working with the Red Chorus and, well, people keep ending up on spikes!! :eek:

Reactions:
i have sort of accidentally ended up working with the Red Chorus... I was trying to get both Archons to attack together but Graven Ashe was bitching so much I just got annoyed and said the Red Chorus could lead the attack... It seemed like a bit of an over reaction to call me a traitor and start a civil war over that...

But now I am working with the Red Chorus and, well, people keep ending up on spikes!! :eek:

The other Archon always loses his mind and attacks.

Actually you can. I just did it. You have to do a pretty specific set of actions. When Eb meets you while travelling you have to answer all her questions and tell her about the edict, then you have to spare both of the rebel commanders (at the crossing and at the rebel camp). When you do that you will receive a missive from the rebel commander and you can join them.

How the heck does Tunon react to that?

Are you in open rebellion from chapter 1 onwards?

I've sided with the Chorus. The Voices of Nerat is funny. And I've picked up the companions available to me in Chapter 1, but you do have the option of killing one of them in Chapter 2. You can also insult other companions which (I think, not sure as I didn't choose the options) may lead to them leaving your party.

That's interesting. Definitely something I'll try to replicate in the next playthrough.

Heretic! Traitor! Oathbreaker! This is a game were you have to choose between two kinds of evils your not allowed to go over to the "good" side! Stay away from the light come come join the dark side!

Seriously though good job. I just instantly killed the first rebel leader because he kept asking for relief so I gave it to him. Then when I told his brother about it at the bridge he had the nerve to attack me so I dug another grave for him.

I was kinda trying to be nice to the rebels...kinda. Well, until they pissed me off and I kicked their leader off the spire. I mean, come on, sure I lied and killed one of their guys, but I let the lady one live, and then she sends me, ME a missive? Bwah. No way this is going well with me. Besides, the idea itself of kicking her off of the spire - that was GLORIOUS.

Reactions:
I don't remember a second rebel leader, only the one you can choose to execute or not after the first combat sequence. Maybe I was half-asleep because I had no idea who Eb was referring to.

Hover over green names. The game helpfully does this.

LYANNA-MORMONT-TALK-TO-THE-HAND-GIF.gif

Reactions:
Hover over green names. The game helpfully does this.

This was something I really really liked in this game that you could click on names, places, stuff etc etc from time to time and get a little window bar that reminded or explained stuff. Because honestly sometimes when I play these games I just forget stuff (mostly killing of people) and then someone goes, YOU KILLED MY BROTHER MEMELOT! I will avenge him! And I am like...ehh Memelot? Who's that? It would be kinda funny if they sometimes would add a line like that with the MC forgetting or asking who that is because in alot of RPG's you kill hundreds if not thousands of enemies and well I atleast would have trouble remembering everyone I killed if it came to that amount.

Reactions:
This was something I really really liked in this game that you could click on names, places, stuff etc etc from time to time and get a little window bar that reminded or explained stuff. Because honestly sometimes when I play these games I just forget stuff (mostly killing of people) and then someone goes, YOU KILLED MY BROTHER MEMELOT! I will avenge him! And I am like...ehh Memelot? Who's that? It would be kinda funny if they sometimes would add a line like that with the MC forgetting or asking who that is because in alot of RPG's you kill hundreds if not thousands of enemies and well I atleast would have trouble remembering everyone I killed if it came to that amount.
I thought it was pretty cool when The Voices of Nerat talk to you in secret. A rather interesting way to take advantage of the medium.

Last edited:

I have just finished Chapter 1 and like you accidently ended up siding with the Scarelt Chorus when choosing who leads the assault.

I had been favouring Graven Ashe over the Voice of Nerat, but he damned I pick one side or the other, disregarding the instruction to march in together, so for his insubordination, Ashe was dismissed. I had the Disfavoured at tier 3 too...

Upon taking the Spire, I declared it for myself, and was quite amused in the way one can deliver that message to Voices of Nerat. This! is! Tyranny!

I had no reason to trust Eb., and the Leader of the Rebellion claimed she couldn't have got as far without Voices of Nerats help....

As far as I am concerned, the infighting between the Red Chorus and the Disfavoured is in breech of the Laws of Overlord Kyros in terms of it is not bringing order, and they both must be brought to heel.

I am expecting to discover I have over stepped.

Bravik hates me due to not siding with his Great General Ashe, losing all loyalty built up
Verses is Loyal and fearful
Lantry is netural
Eb is Dead

I sided with the rebels, or that is to say that the rebels sided with me.

I saw what both the disfavoured and the chorus had wrought and I judged them both guilty. As Kyros does not wish to rule over a wasteland, I saw it as my duty to evict both petty warlords from the Tiers. Both armies were critically short sighted, they did not understand that the tools for ruling an empire were not the tools for building it. They are tools for conquest and their use in the world is to conquer. In a conquered world, there is little use for their ... savagery. They spread civilisation, but they are not themselves civilised.

Therefore, they had outlived their usefulness and needed to be disposed of before they created new grievances to Kyros' rule. Tunon agreed with me and seeing these rogue armies for what they are -- enemies of peace-- he commissioned me to defend Kyros' peace at the point of the sword.

Kyros is mother.
Kyros is father.
Kyros is unwavering justice.
I am Kyros' will made flesh.

Sided with no one rebels clearly breaking kyros law and justice(plus mage haters, sexist etc) and chorus and disfavored put their own interests and hate above the law and edict that was going to kill us sooo I went at it by myself I am quite happy with how it turned out. (at the end of the game) :D

Anyway after kicking the rebel leader off the spire after meeting Tunon he did not understand my decision so I worked with someone quite interesting and who is now my favorite character in the game. Me and him are of the same mind on justice.