• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just discovered this AAR, and I think it's hilarious. You sure managed to get the RNG on your side for your first episode. You certainly seem to get all the possessed events. It reminds me of this AAR that was on these forums a while ago, about the possessed ruler of Ireland. I think it was called 'Satan's Kingdom' or something like that.

ekorovin said:
Sana'a is the birthplace of Mad Arab Alhazred of Necronomicon fame, just saying

I never realized that, and I'm a big Lovecraft fan. Perhaps the Necronomicon is out there in the desert calling to Sela...

Montezuma II said:
With a Demonspawn conquering all of East Africa no one is safe!

Good so far I plan to see more! Hail Lucifer!

Indeed! The scourge of God seems to be coming from the south this time...

tnick0225 said:
Demonspawn Sela is doing quite well. And Sana'a will be quite the addition once the recently conquered maluses go away, as its a super rich province.

The events that keep popping up with Sela are way too hilarious though. I love them.

Yeah, they're making this game absolutely kooky, which is just the way I like. I chuckled a bit when I took Sanaa, because I had just been reading your AAR about your poet emirate in the same region when that happened.

DennisRoos said:
I just discovered this AAR, and I think it's hilarious. You sure managed to get the RNG on your side for your first episode. You certainly seem to get all the possessed events. It reminds me of this AAR that was on these forums a while ago, about the possessed ruler of Ireland. I think it was called 'Satan's Kingdom' or something like that.

Welcome aboard, and the RNG has been in corner this game. I don't remember Satan's Kingdom, but the only other time I've read about the possessed events was in the Finland, multiplayer AAR. If you haven't read that one, its definitely worth reading.

Quick update: I apologize for my recent absence. As is my custom, I completely cut myself off from the internet, so I could put the finishing touches on a paper I've been working on. Unfortunately, writing and editing it took several days longer than expected, and now I'm about a week behind the deadline (oops). I just popped on here to say that everything should be completely finished up by Thursday, so look out for an update on that date.

Chapter 4 - The Reign of Queen Sela the Cruel "Queen of the Darkness" - Part Three (894-897)​

Nubia Falls

The last episode ended with a bit of a cliffhanger for our antichrist hero. Her mother was slain at the hands of the Duke Kuriakos of Alodia (strongest remaining independent nation in Abyssinia and Nubia), and she swore vengeance.

Now, she could seek revenge in the conventional manner by marching on Alodia, fertilizing Kuriakos' fields with the blood of his people, and then taking the Duke's head as a trophy.

Or she could be a bit more devious about it, and play with her prey before taking her Lucifer-given rightful vengeance.

Sela's far too twisted for option #1, so she invited Kuriakos' brother Philotheos to come and reside in her court. After a bit of bribery, he consented. Step one of evil plan complete.

All this business with Mandera's death had caused me to forget that I was still invading Trinikat. The siege of Tokar was over relatively quickly, and the Trinikatans decided they had had enough and surrendered. There's also a picture of Kuriakos in the background of the above screenshot.

The Abyssinian army was on a roll, however, so I decided to push Sela's new de-jure claim on the independent county of Suakin. Also, Sela's chancellor witch Jezebel picked up a claim on the county of Nubia.

Poor bastards never stood a chance.

Unfortunately, the peasants of Wag had decided they were fed up with Sela, and rose up against her dark majesty. Fortunately, they were just unorganized peasant rabble armed with clubs and pitchforks.

Sela's army "swept" them away. Then, over the following few weeks both the peasants and the Suakin's surrendered.

Over the next year, I would declare war on two more independent counties, Nubia and Aydhab. Both wars were snoozefests and the counties were incorporated into the Dark Kingdom of Abyssinia without a problem.

However, during this time, the Abbasids apparently jumped the Tulunids in Egypt. The Tulunids had been racked with revolts over the last five or so years which had influenced my decision to strike north, and establish a land border with them as soon as possible. Apparently, this had drawn the attention of the Abbasids as well, and when I finished off Aydhab, I was shocked to see that Abbasids now controlled the entirety of Egypt. My goal of liberating Alexandria had just taken a giant leap in difficulty.

In better news, Sela gave birth to another daughter, Kelyle. I've been very fortunate to only have two sons, because Sela has now produced a plethora of daughters.

In most excellent news, Sela was now only one county short of being able to declare herself the Dark Queen of Nubia. I decided a showdown with the Alodians could wait just a little longer and declared holy war on Makuria. To my unadulterated joy, the Duke Kuriakos finally must have figured out that he was next on the menu, and joined the Makurian's side immediately.

Sela's remaining two witches led the unholy army in a daring attempt to keep the Makurians and Alodians from combining their forces. A small Makurian force was decimated, but the Alodians would arrive with surprising speed.

The secret to that quickness, you ask? The army was able to move much faster by leaving their commander at home. The result was predictable.

The Abyssinian army then turned on the Makurian army that had managed to gather in the meantime.

Have I mentioned that I love Jesus?

After more three sieges, the Makurians gave in as well, and Sela had an intricate, obsidian crown commissioned with the wealth she had seized from her fallen enemies.

In the year 897 of her Lord Lucifer, Sela crowned herself Queen of Nubia. She stood on a dias with her loyal witches, and placed the crown upon her own head. All the while, she surveyed the legions of her people whom had come to pay her homage, and she only felt a terrible hunger.

More, she thought and smiled inwardly, I must have more.

Nice you have a new dark crown!

Sad that the Abbassids are getting in the way of your goals though...hopefully they don't look south and decide its high-time to save the world from the darkness of Satan's wife on Earth.

Chapter 5 - The Reign of Queen Sela the Cruel "Queen of the Darkness" - Part Three (897-901)​

The Empire Strikes Back

With the Nubian crown now sitting upon her brow, Sela decided it was finally time to pay back Kuriakos of Alodia back for her dear old mum. Abyssinian forces streamed across the border following her coronation.

Which must have put Sela in a good mood, because she decided to play the part of the good Samaritan when she found out a chalice had been stolen from one of her satanic shrines. She rode throughout the countryside without success searching for the thief. Upon returning to the shrine that night, the old priest admitted that he had only misplaced the cup. Mysteriously, the shrine would later catch fire and, tragically burn to the ground with the priest inside.

In the meantime, the Alodian war was going perfectly. Their levies had been decimated by the previous war, and the Sela's satanic forces rolled over them.

Apparently unimpressed, the Leviathan's fish messenger showed back up at dinner and insisted that all of all of her neighbor's lands should be hers. Sela told her entrée that she got the message the first time, and this fish-o-gram nonsense was getting ridiculous.

Vengeance achieved! Alodia finally fell, but in a rare show of mercy, Sela spared the murderous former Duke Kuriakos and his family. There would be plenty of time to pick the family members off one-by-one while Kuriakos watched helplessly...

Anyways, here's a look at the regional situation following the conclusion of the Alodian War.

The Abbasid Caliphate had found a tremendous amount of success absorbing its smaller neighbors, and at one point looked to be a completely insurmountable opponent to the North.

However, the Caliph was embroiled in a war with the Eastern Roman Empire over Edessa. He was an old man, and his armies had been diminished by years of war, and all of a sudden, I could see the path to Alexandria opening before me. If I could quickly seize Aswan, then Alexandria could be taken shortly afterward when the Caliph's idiot son ascended to the throne. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?

The invasion started off well enough. My forces mopped up the scattered Abbasid resistance, and the Romans had pushed into Abbasid territory in the East. All was going according to plan...

...until a 14,000 strong Abbasid doom stack appeared in Egypt and I realized why the Romans had been so successful. But all wasn't lost! If I could just consolidate my forces and retreat into the mountains...

Uh oh.

CRAP! What do I do, what do I do?!

Quick, ask the fish!!

Got it! Covet my neighbors' titles and flee to the dese

Never, ever trust a fish.

Luckily, what was left of the Abyssinian army had made it to the desert, and the Abbasid army, perhaps fearful of taking even more attrition, decided they'd rather go fight some Romans instead. Sela yelled insults at them as they marched away, and claimed a great and powerful victory for our Lord Lucifer.

Unfortunately, Sela now had more rebellious vassals than she could shake a stick at, and her once great army was down to only a few thousand tired men. At any moment, her hard-won kingdom could fall into chaos.

And what's a poor Demonspawn Queen to do at time like this?

What she does best, of course. Reign of terror :laugh:

Nice you have a new dark crown!

Sad that the Abbassids are getting in the way of your goals though...hopefully they don't look south and decide its high-time to save the world from the darkness of Satan's wife on Earth.

Or at least, perhaps she shouldn't have done anything to draw their attention...ooops :D

Awww sad day lost most of satan's event troops? Bad luck against the Abbassids...hope the demonspawn can recover from this setback as you've created quite the beautiful Abyssinia. Would hate to see it ripped apart before you leave.

birdboy2000: That sounds quite fascinating actually; there's all sorts of roleplaying opportunities there. You could be a benign overlord that aims to restore the lands to their proper rulers, or perhaps your people need liberated...from their existence :)

tnick0225: Yeah, I got a little full of myself, and it really cost me. But don't mourn Abyssinia yet, Sela still has a few devilish tricks up her sleeve.

tnick0225: Yeah, I got a little full of myself, and it really cost me. But don't mourn Abyssinia yet, Sela still has a few devilish tricks up her sleeve.

It happens, having a demon-spawn probably makes a person think they may be invincible ;) lol...looking forward to seeing how Sela recovers, and what direction things will take for Satan's new Kingdom.

Chapter 6 - The Reign of Queen Sela the Cruel "Queen of the Darkness" - Part Three (901-905)​

Reign of Terror

It was a dark time in the dark lands of the dark queen. All that Sela had built in the image of her father was at risk of crumbling, and rays of hope and light had begun pierce Abyssinia's dark veil.

It was all rather too much for Sela to handle. SHE was the chosen one. SHE was meant to rule over her father's earthly kingdom. Her vassals were catspaws of her Ancient enemy, and they would be purged.

Her assassins spread across the kingdom

The child, Duchess Maharene, was killed for her duchy.

Count Melaku was jailed and banished.

Duke Fasilidas died very graciously saving Sela the great hassle of having his murder ordered. As you could imagine, filling out all that paperwork can just be horrendous.

Ogbae was beloved of his people, so he had to go.

Gabra of Shewa was caught plotting behind our back. He was banished as well after a healthy amount of torture.

Baroness Selassie had forgotten to properly salute Sela one morning. She wouldn't be forgetting again.

Amidst this period of murder and blood, Sela took one of her courtier's wives, Amhara, as her paramour. Together, they tortured, schemed, and tittered, and Sela finally came to be happy. She had a partner now who stood alongside her as she praised Lucifer, and she felt her need for worldly goods dissipate.

And then something wonderful happened.

Amhara gave birth to Sela's child.

Yep.

I've thought about this event for a while, and can't quite wrap my head around what happened here. Where there is a Antichrist, there is always a way I suppose.

Apparently, this attitude could be applied to the Abbasid war as well. After leaving the Abyssinian army in tatters a few months earlier, the Abbasids had preceded to get themselves completely annihilated by the Romans, which, must to my frustration, I had been unable to take advantage until this point.

However, after "inheriting" the wealth of several of my vassals, I was able to raise a few mercenary bands to augment my forces, and I sent them north to Aswan once more. Unfortunately, I was behind by 80 war score at this point, and was far too shell shocked to risk sending my meager army too far into Abbasid territory, so I set to sieging a few provinces while keeping an eye out for any massive Abbasid response.

Baroness Selassie, daughter of the earlier Baroness Selassie, was discretely disposed of with the intention of inheriting her family's Barony. However, the dead Selassies had a distant cousin that I had failed to account for. Not to worry, he could be dealt with.

Sorry, man. Shouldn't gotten noticed by a deranged Demonspawn Queen. Could've happened to anyone.

And the next year, continued very much in the same vein. Sela continued to wipe out her vassals with aplomb (I think I banished or killed about 4 or 5 more vassals, but I didn't take screenshots of all of them), and the army continued sieging in Aswan with little Abbasid response.

In fact, I finally got back to a positive warscore when the Jews decided they'd had enough.

Sigh. It couldn't have been worse timing. In response to the rebellion, I had peeled off a portion of my army to deal it. However, the Abbasids had chosen this time to finally surrender to the ERE, thus freeing themselves to send another 12,000 strong, mercenary reinforced stack my direction.

If my forces had been consolidated, I might have continued the war, but after years of beating my head against the wall that is the Abbasid Caliphate, I was suffering from a case of war exhaustion. I asked the Caliph for a white peace, and considered myself lucky when he agreed.

After six years and nearly a hundred thousand deaths, the Abbasid war was over.

It happens, having a demon-spawn probably makes a person think they may be invincible ;) lol...looking forward to seeing how Sela recovers, and what direction things will take for Satan's new Kingdom.

It certainly took a bloody turn. My early losses really cost me in the war, and Abyssinia's lack of access to mercenaries (Abyssinia can only call on two 2250 size merc bands) really cost me. The Abbasids were able to bounce back from their defeat to the ERE by hiring a tremendous number of mercs and I couldn't entice them into to chasing me into the Nubian deserts. So Satan's kingdom endures, but the whole Abbasid adventure was definitely a bit of a setback.

Did your queen just get another woman pregnant?

You see, this is what happens when Jesus and Satan mess with humanity by giving monarchs martial advice.

That was quite the reign of terror lol...

That part of Amhara having a baby made me scratch my head as well. Maybe Sela is transgender? lol...Or perhaps Satan paid Amhara a visit during that night of lust and pleasure.

That was quite the reign of terror lol...

That part of Amhara having a baby made me scratch my head as well. Maybe Sela is transgender? lol...Or perhaps Satan paid Amhara a visit during that night of lust and pleasure.

I literally see Satan yelling at Jesus now. "Oh, so you're gonna teach her how to whoop ass? I got one better: LESBIAN BABY-MAKIN' TIME! BOOM!"

Our Lord and Savior will not be outdone. I expect more wackiness from our semi-Antichrist.