• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CptEasy

Colonel
6 Badges
Nov 8, 2009
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Focus Country: Alternating
Starting Date: September 1938
Version: TFH (slight Carnage tinkering*)
Nbr of players: 8

Initial set up

United Kingdom - Thelamon
France - CptEasy
Poland - Sir Henry

Soviet Union - Daphne

Germany - Zid
Italy - Maxyboy
Japan - Gamlastan
Extra - von Rosen

Prologue:
As you all know, Blitz Carnage became a massive investment in time and committment - and became an epic adventure. That one game you Dream of when you try to ballance the game optimally. Well - honestly, it didn't become so long due to optimal ballancing but due to a few rather unballanced things ballancing each other out quite well.

With this in mind, we sort of gave up on the idea of even trying to ballance TFH before actually playing it. This game, thus, is partly a test game to see how TFH works out for us, and to clarify what we think need adjusting. We have gotten some ideas from other MP groups - special thanks to Paglia - but in the end you really need to try yourself as each group has their own style and needs.

Many of our standard HRs are still around, we have raised Nat China's unity to 100, increased spead slightly on BBs and decreased attack values on CAGs slightly to try to tacle the complete CV superiority. We also have some HRs on stacks to tacle all kind of doom stacking. But no change is really significant. Just slight tinkering (See more in the HR and Mods section below).

As I was Germany in Blitz Carnage and got my fair share of being in the middle of the action, I have in this game settled with being a "support player", taking care of smaller countries and backing up as support on majors when needed. This will unoubtebly mark this AAR as an oddity in the history of the Carnage series. Let's see how it turns out....

Last edited:
House Rules and Modding (coming...)

... or actually it didn't as it was a very basic set up of HRs. See next Carnage series for a complete version of HRs and mods.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to see you play alternating countries. This will be fun.

I assume you meant Blitz Carnage rather than Sudden Carnage, although Sudden Carnage was also an epic game where you played Germany....

Sub

Good luck Cpt !

P.S. Always available if you need help.

I only just noticed Thelamon is on UK this time around. Will we also get some updates from him? Or perhaps some from Zidler?

I also noticed the SU was posted in block by themselves, they're no longer sharing victory with the Allies?

CptEasy, I noticed you said in your initial post there are 8 players, but I only see 7 names.

I assume you meant Blitz Carnage rather than Sudden Carnage, although Sudden Carnage was also an epic game where you played Germany....

Yes. Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed.

CptEasy, I noticed you said in your initial post there are 8 players, but I only see 7 names.

Fixed. von Rosen was actually not around the first two sessions so I forgot him - but he did eventually join in.

And thank you all for cheering along :) Much Appreciated

I also noticed the SU was posted in block by themselves, they're no longer sharing victory with the Allies?

Nah... not really. Sorry. Would have loved that but it is tricky enough to get a suitable ballance as it is.