• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gaudente

Recruit
Apr 9, 2016
I thought that by changing religion I would have been given the new religion tech expenses.
That is , playing with Aztec , I was hoping that by saying "yes" to the opportunity to change religion from pagan to catholic my cost for say level 3 infrastructure would have decreased from 200,000 to something like...20,000 ?Instead nothing of the sort happened , indeed I wasn't even given the promised conversion of my 4 starting provinces. So what's the point in switching state religion if you are not given the switch in tech group ?

I thought that by changing religion I would have been given the new religion tech expenses.
That is , playing with Aztec , I was hoping that by saying "yes" to the opportunity to change religion from pagan to catholic my cost for say level 3 infrastructure would have decreased from 200,000 to something like...20,000 ?Instead nothing of the sort happened , indeed I wasn't even given the promised conversion of my 4 starting provinces. So what's the point in switching state religion if you are not given the switch in tech group ?

Are you playing the vanilla game or a mod?
In any case the american nations tech research suffers not only from pagan but from whiteman penalty and from isolation penalty.

If you are playing the vanilla game and got the "Catholic Influence in Central America" event, it should have switched your tech group to African (a 60% penalty instead of your original 80%).

Switching religions also makes Europeans much less likely to declare war on you, and it gives you an extra 2 colonists, 2 diplomats, and 1 missionary per year.

If you are playing the vanilla game and got the "Catholic Influence in Central America" event, it should have switched your tech group to African (a 60% penalty instead of your original 80%).

Switching religions also makes Europeans much less likely to declare war on you, and it gives you an extra 2 colonists, 2 diplomats, and 1 missionary per year.
Considering I have 80 pagan provinces to convert with an average success chance of 25% and costs inflated by population growth and 70% inflation plus a badboy of 25 I can hardly call 2 more colonists etc a bargain.I hoped the event could give the chance to reduce the tech gap and allow me to contact other nations etc. but if this is all it's useless as well as continuing the game.
Was playing vanilla on normal diff and the year is 1684 btw.

Considering I have 80 pagan provinces to convert with an average success chance of 25% and costs inflated by population growth and 70% inflation plus a badboy of 25

If you have a badboy of 25 and 80 pagan provinces it´s your own fault. Read the BB FAQ to learn how to expand and grow without gaining massive amounts of BB:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/bad-boy-faq-ver-1-09.234404/

I can hardly call 2 more colonists etc a bargain.I hoped the event could give the chance to reduce the tech gap and allow me to contact other nations etc. but if this is all it's useless as well as continuing the game.
Was playing vanilla on normal diff and the year is 1684 btw.

You can use the cheat codes if you want to have the Aztecs play like any other nation:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...mands-and-triggers-list.459110/#post-10731881

However that robs them the game of one of it´s uniquie features and is a bit paradox - normally one would play the Aztecs for a challenge against overwhelming european onslaught and not expect it to become a cakewalk.

Last edited: