• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Those partisans do look a little annoying.

Good to see tihs AAR continue.

Chapter 13: Let there be factories

The PM Times
November 1, 1880​

Rio De Janerio, Brazil- The war against the Paraguayans and the clean up of the partisans continued as on May 9th Potosi defected to the Bolivians. Potosi is the third province and second to the Bolivians to defect but with the 1st cavalry already capturing rebel provinces left and right, BHC shrugged off the news. On May 14th the 1st Corps took Fuerta Esperanza from the rebel forces. Then in June we received excellent news, the steel factory in the capital region of Rio De Janerio was completed. Upon completion hundreds of citizens flocked to the factory to look for a new kind of work. In less than a month the factory was at 100% capacity at just over 26% efficiency. It was a start. At the end of August the factory produced .20 units of steel daily at over 1 real a day in profit. The currency was recently changed to reals by order of the government from the now obsolete franc. While plans are being drawn up on another steel factory, the 4th and 5th Corps strike at Santa Rosa.
santarosa1battlecrophz6.png

santarosabpmz4.png

On September 3rd the railroad in Campos was complete. It now linked both Campos and Rio De Janerio together as Brazil became the second country in the South American continent to build railroads. Peru was the first and it has already drawn hostilities towards the nation.
railroadworkoi1.jpg
Laying down the ground work​
railroadcropdd8.png

On September 18th the second steel factory began its construction as the government hoped the benefits would soon be reaped. In early October the 4th and 5th Corps easily defeated the two Paraguayan divisions at Santa Rosa with minimal casualties and the Conservatives won yet another election. In worldly news the war between the UK and her allies and France continued as things were looking bleak for the French. They are on the verge of losing yet another war to England, both started by France herself.
frenchsuckcropuv8.png
Southern France is under UK occupation and soon Paris may fall​

With the new steel factory and another one the way even more plans are being drawn up to build timber factories. The timber factories are part of an attempt to go into the luxury market to help with the Brazilian economy. In conclusion there is some interesting news to report, the new Chief of Staff Allende has called for a special confidential meeting between the highest seats of power in both the military and government. As to what he has in mind remains to be seen.
brazilnov1880cropzh9.png
The Brazilian Empire November 1880​

Written by Terraferma​

France really is getting hammered.

asd21593 said:
damn! whats your badboy? (press f12 and type badboy)

i like the newspaper style, original and interesting

good aar,
:) asd

I dont remember exactly how high my BB was at the time of the entry. But I will say this, high and rising. And thank you for liking the style :)

stnylan said:
The Columbian war ended not before time.

Oh yes, what with partisans and my other neighbors who might take advantage of the state of war we are in.

Rensslaer said:
Excellent work against Venezuela, and then Colombia!

That's a pretty weird peace deal between France and Mexico. Interesting.

Keep up the good work!

Rensslaer

Yes I am getting my revenge on Venezuela and Colombia is just another nation to...liberate. As for France and Mexico, wasn't Napoleon I interested in Mexico when it was then a part of Spain? Old ambitions rekindled I suppose. This is only the beginning of Mexico's woes.

Novea said:
You're running the risk of a British DOW at this rate ! Please do watch your badboy , or this great AAR will end bloodily !

Oh I hope I dont incur the wrath of the British crown. But if it comes to it, I will defend my nation to the last man!

Sematary said:
Its good. Better then I expected.

Thanks, I hope you continue enjoying this AAR :)

stnylan said:
France really is getting hammered.

Oh yes. France for some time now has tried to get the better of the British. This wont be the last time I'm afraid. And yes the partisans have been an annoyance for me since the 1830's.

Update tomorrow!

Chapter 14: Clouds of secrecy and war

The PM Times
December 1, 1881​

Rio De Janerio, Brazil- On November 15th 1880, Puerto Guarani was attacked by the 4th and 5th Corps in an effort to destroy the last two remaining enemy divisions.
puerto1cropvc8.png

pgbattleprogresswn2.png

The final months of General Barros...

On the 29th Puerto Guarani would be cleansed of the enemy forces and ripe for capture. On December 30th the 4th and 5th Corps continued the march towards Bahia Negre in which the battle ended swiftly on January 4th. Three days prior the king of Brazil passed away in his sleep after ruling for over 40 years. A huge ceremonial funeral was held as hundreds of thousands of our citizens paid their last respects to the late king Alexias II. His son Alexias III would take the crown on January 5th, the same day of the funeral. On February 1st General Melo is transferred from the 2nd Corps to the 1st with Uchoa, a new comer general, given the command of the 2nd Corps. He specializes in defense and organization while effective at fire tactics and attrition training. Pinto remained unassigned until further notice not because of his abilities, hardly, but because a far more able general has been found. On February 6th before the retreating enemy divisions could march out of lightly fortified San Ignacio to attack Concepcion, already being taken by the 1st Corps, the 4th and 5th arrived just in time. The battle did not last even two days.
saniggycroplj0.png

On March 16th, the 4th and 5th Corps went in for the kill in Villa Bella to finally put an end to the two remaining divisions of Paraguay's brave but pitiful army.
villakillcropbg7.png

On March 22nd the battle of Villa Bella ends in a decisive victory. For the first time our forces have acquired prisoners of war en mass. Over 14,000 men are taken prisoner as they lost the will to fight. By April 10th all of Paraguay was under Brazilian occupation with the war concluding two days later. We take all but three provinces.
warovercroppy2.png

Meanwhile, the Brazilian troops begin their march to the north as the public remains unaware of the true intentions of both BHC and Chief of Staff Allende. On May 7th General Barros passes away of old age; Pinto is reassigned to the 5th Corps. For the following weeks our entire Brazilian Armed Forces would be stationed in the north. We were able to get a picture of where one portion of our troops are stationed.
securitycropaq4.png
Picture taken of Brazilian troops on outskirts of Bogota, whereabouts of rest of army unknown​

By August 16th it was known that the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Corps was just outside of Bogota. On September 18th the second steel factory was complete as workers such as craftsmen and clerks flocked to the newly built factory in the Minas Gerias region. In early October the region containing the province of Pelotas was chosen as the site of the first timber factory. On the same day C.A.F.C.I.C announced their decision supporting yet again the industry beginning the project for high and low pressure steamers. Then on November 12th, Brazil launched its surprise operation declaring war on Venezuela which in turn brought in Colombia. By November 25th the 1st Cavalry Corps was riding into Caracas with no resistance, Intel showed that Venezuela has no army to speak of.
chargezn8.jpg
Brazilian infantry charging towards Bogota
vezfrontcropjn1.png
Venezuelan Front​
colombiafrontcroptr5.png
Colombian Front​

With Brazil aiming to further decimate their enemies in the north it is still not known as to what are the true intentions of BHC and Chief of Staff Allende. With the war just beginning, Brazil is making significant gains economically with now two factories and a third on the way, Brazil's attitude is positive at the least. We are also pleased to announce that our railroad construction is expanding. We now connect more than five provinces.
Written by Terraferma​

Not far off completing the conquest of South America.

Chapter 15: Expansion

The PM Times
July 1, 1883​

Rio De Janerio, Brazil- On December 5th the battle for Bogota began but it’s quickly called off as deeply entrenched enemy units supported by unexpected artillery change BHC's plans. On December 21st Caracas is easily taken by the 1st Cavalry as they move west towards Valencia, meanwhile BHC awaits for the Colombian army to try to march out of the capital to make their move. On January 6th a Colombian division makes a bold move to attack the main Brazilian force but is quickly defeated. During the fight two enemy divisions moved out of the capital to Pasto heading north. Soon only two divisions defended the capital and BHC ordered a second attack. The battle begins on February 13th.
bogotaprogressvz9.png

Even with two divisions the Colombian forces were deeply entrenched and our troops were unable to inflict heavy damage as our losses began to mount. By March 8th the main forces withdrew and the war was over as Venezuela gave up all but two of its provinces.
wargainscropxs1.png

The reason why BHC decided to cut its losses rather than continue the war was because the cavalry and the additional infantry sent to Venezuela would be needed to control the Colombian forces as they began to spread out. This would leave the partisan threat to likely emerge in undefended occupied Venezuela. BHC has stood by its choice since then. Meanwhile in late March it is reported that England and her allies have made some headway into France but have been bogged down. For the next few months plans are drawn up to go after a new target, Argentina.
frenchwarcropci3.png

On December 20th the plans are finalized for the attack on Argentina who has since grown a bit larger with conquests of the indigenous natives down south. The same strategy will be used as in all our previous battles against our southern rival with the navy playing a key role. The 1st Corps was now led by Quieros as Melo was transferred to the 4th Corps. On January 25th 1883 the war against Argentina began in earnest. On February 13th while unloading troops the 1st Squadron comes under attack.
seabattlecroppu5.png

frigsop6.jpg

riodeplataseabattleprogkj2.png

The naval battle would end in a rout. Thanks to Admiral Tamandare's instrumental leadership the entire Argentinean navy was destroyed, their five frigates sank under the waves as we took no losses. On March 3rd Buenos Aires is easily marched into with no resistance and would soon be captured. In late March the 2nd Corps would head towards Rosario while the 4th moves towards Azul and the cavalry rode to La Plata. Already Argentina is offering provinces for peace (over six) but BHC plans to go big with the much weakened nation. During the war against France many of England's allies have pulled out of the war, not from conquest but "exhaustion" (or absolute boredom) as with each nation leaving, England's hold on the interior of France substantially weakens. Soon France regains control of much of the north and south and virtually all of the central provinces. And if that weren't enough, Spain has entered the war on France's side. For the following weeks after the fall of Buenos Aires our forces would skillfully capture provinces to drive up the exhaustion of our enemies. On July 1st the battle for Frias began with our forces attempting to cut off two very weak divisions that number less than 2,000 men. Argentina has sent another two divisions to try to relieve the retreating forces before they enter the trap from Reconquista. Brazil continues to expand its railroad system covering much of the eastern coastline inward and the timber factory has been completed, however, the factory has been slow to gather workers. C.A.F.C.I.C has chosen interchangeable parts for the industrial aspect of the country as we continue to drive towards modernization.
friasbattlecropba6.png

Written by Terraferma​

Always know when tofight your wars, and when Britain is otherwise engaged is an excellent time to do so.

frenchsuckcropuv8.png
Southern France is under UK occupation and soon Paris may fall​
omg omg omg. how did the UK get that agressive? lol. :p.
i better watch out for them in my games from now on. :p. lawl.

It's interesting that the Brits would choose to go after France from the south, and not the easier path across the channel

Well i finally got another entry ready, so hope you enjoy!

Chapter 16: Black August

The PM Times
August 25, 1884​

Rio De Janerio, Brazil- On July 17th the Battle of Frias ended in a stunning victory as three of the four enemy divisions (including the two retreating divisions) were destroyed. On July 25th the cavalry rode to La Rioja while the 2nd Corps pursued retreating enemy forces in Santiago del Estero. The 4th and 5th Corps was ordered to march on to General Pico.
marchingon1cropvb5.png

marchingon2cropzy5.png

On August 2nd our beloved General Melo passed away, General Queiros immediately took over for the 4th Corps (Soon he would be reassigned to combat partisans in the north to replace a very incompetent general). Although it didn’t compare to the loss of General Caxias, BHC greatly mourned his passing. With the loss of Melo, Brazil’s Officer Corps is nearly spent in terms of capable leaders. Then on August 4th it happened...Brazil went bankrupt. Most of the country was in near anarchy, various government buildings and factories were razed as police forces were unable to quell the violence in the first days of the chaos. Brazil's debt, but more importantly, its prestige was...gone.
riotingpt9.jpg
Brazil's factories and stockpiles were also gone. Everyone felt the shake up; the king, C.A.F.C.I.C, Chief of Staff Allende, BHC and most of all, the proud people of Brazil. When the soldiers fighting the war in Argentina heard the news, morale plummeted. Despite this, they continue to fight on for the pride of their nation now in chaos. Admiral Tamandare wrote a brief letter to BHC:

It pains me to see our proud nation now in chaos, but I will take heart that our men will perform in these dark times and they will carry the pride of Brazil on their shoulders for a better tomorrow. -Admiral Tamandare

Three days later the government and your majesty issued multiple economic incentives and gave the order to continue the war in Argentina. The timber factory in Sao Pedro would be one of the first to be rebuilt and started up again. BHC meanwhile, continued the war in earnest. On September 18th the two steel factories began their reconstruction. For the next few months the Brazilian forces in Argentina would defeat and pursue the enemy while other units combated partisans in the occupied provinces. Revolts flared up in the northern provinces of our empire as one division was dispatched to deal with the rebel forces. Their incompetent general, whose name remains classified, is unable to do that simple mission and is defeated and humiliated on two different occasions. For the rest of the year and into 1884 the war would rage on in Argentina as three more divisions are formed up by a war weary BHC. In the coming weeks a diplomat from Argentina would arrive and three days later we accepted their offer.
wargainscropns4.png

Jackpot?​

Our Empire as it stands...
brazilaug1884cropgn7.png

The war ended on August 24, 1884. Brazil is now trying to inch away from what is now dubbed "Black August". It’s just over a year after Brazil lost much in terms of economy and prestige. But with numerous enemies still remaining and a thirst to start anew, there is no doubt in the minds of many that Brazil will soon return to its elite status in prestige… hopefully with some military and economical prowess attached.

Written by Terraferma​

It sounds like a period of consolidation is required.