• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CCR_of_the_Code

Major
57 Badges
Jan 30, 2003
Visit site
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
I have been curious about this for some time, and my earlier topic Greece takes Istanbul was more about this than anything else.

Will areas change cultures dramatically? For instance, cases of democide in Armenia, tradgic as they where, where influential to the area and killed 9% of the total population of the area. Also, will it be possible to assimilate other cultures, particularly one with close bonds? For instance, as Greece, will my Muslim Turkish citizens at some point if I try hard enough become God fearing Christians?

Also, what about mass deportation?

Originally posted by CCR_of_the_Code
I have been curious about this for some time, and my earlier topic Greece takes Istanbul was more about this than anything else.

Will areas change cultures dramatically? For instance, cases of democide in Armenia, tradgic as they where, where influential to the area and killed 9% of the total population of the area. Also, will it be possible to assimilate other cultures, particularly one with close bonds? For instance, as Greece, will my Muslim Turkish citizens at some point if I try hard enough become God fearing Christians?

Also, what about mass deportation?

As Patric has said (can't find the exact quote), there will be NO acts of genocide allowed, so no acts of ethnic cleansing. Also culture can slowly change over time but can not be rapid.

A thread recently popped up on this, which I can't find at the moment so it could have been deleted by the Mods, as I expect this one shall be too.

Okay, before this is closed by a mod, note that I only mentioned extermination of minorities as one way this happenend.

I am very curious. What is the speed of culture changing? How often will it happen, and will certain cultures change faster then others? For instance, it might by very, very hard to change the Armenian population into Turks, but easier vicea-versa, or for the Coptics to regain control of Egypt, would it be possible for a Christian majority to be reestablished?

Interesting ideas...

Re: Re: Changing Cultures and Religions

Originally posted by shdwknightx
As Patric has said (can't find the exact quote), there will be NO acts of genocide allowed, so no acts of ethnic cleansing. Also culture can slowly change over time but can not be rapid.

A thread recently popped up on this, which I can't find at the moment so it could have been deleted by the Mods, as I expect this one shall be too.

What he said. It's been discussed before, so no need to keep this open.

Status
Not open for further replies.