Changes to Playing Previous Versions of PDS Titles

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
trying to play a specsfic mode fallout related and needing 1.10.X however it not listed in the drop down and i used the code to unlock more soon as i play the latest version of the game it crashes need help

Sounds like a case for the tech support subforum for whatever game you refer to or you create a ticket at support (see link in AndrewTs post above).

trying to play a specsfic mode fallout related and needing 1.10.X however it not listed in the drop down and i used the code to unlock more soon as i play the latest version of the game it crashes need help
1.10.4 is not a beta but the current public release of HOI4. Just opt out of all betas to be on it.

None of the other 1.10.x versions are available by any means I'm afraid. If a mod needs one of those, the mod needs to be updated to work with 1.10.4

1.10.4 is not a beta but the current public release of HOI4. Just opt out of all betas to be on it.

None of the other 1.10.x versions are available by any means I'm afraid. If a mod needs one of those, the mod needs to be updated to work with 1.10.4
i solvd the problem it was more to do with it conflicking with the legacy version of old world blues mod removing the old version fixed it

Is it at all possible to *stop* updates from happening because you have an annoying tendency to break games when they're getting good...

To be clear, I dont want to revert, I want to prevent the change in the first place.

Is it at all possible to *stop* updates from happening because you have an annoying tendency to break games when they're getting good...

To be clear, I dont want to revert, I want to prevent the change in the first place.

At least for Ck2 you can change the update settings in Steam to not automatically update, but to get the patch alert of the update required before launching the game and instead of launching it and thus updating it then, you go select your current version in the Betas tab and will then keep the version you had. So you basically do use the revert option, but without updating beforehand. There is no other way.

At least for Ck2 you can change the update settings in Steam to not automatically update, but to get the patch alert of the update required before launching the game and instead of launching it and thus updating it then, you go select your current version in the Betas tab and will then keep the version you had. So you basically do use the revert option, but without updating beforehand. There is no other way.
Thats bonkers. they shouldnt force it. Should be just one click, and it lets you play the version you have,

thanks for the response Aardvark (it would apply to all steam games)

Thats bonkers. they shouldnt force it. Should be just one click, and it lets you play the version you have,

True and completely agree with all that, but as far as i recall Steam hasn't had the option to prevent updates
in the first place for more than ten years now and on purpose, so i don't think that will ever change again.
I forgot their justification, only that i disagreed with it. I think it was along the lines of too many incompetent customers
being unable to properly handle the option and then flooding their support. Of course phrased in PR speak.
I might remember wrong. One way or the other I think they don't care anymore. Not profitable enough to do so.
Either way, i suppose this is not the best thread to discuss this. ;)

Back on topic, for the reason you mentioned i tend to make copies of my games before a new patch.
So i can deal with any issues without relying on the Steam revert-via-Betas-tab option or simply play the game
on the old version i copied and potentialy without Steam.

If you want info on how to find alterntive ways to deal with such situation i recommend to ask tech support in the support
subforum of the game you need it for or via ticket on the support page.
AndrewT for instance always likes to help where possible, going by my experience.

Just curious if 1.5.1 beta for EUIV has been deleted? It was working fine and then disappeared from the beta options during the last update. I did the linking to my steam acct and only got 1.9.2. How can I get 1.5.1 back? Any help would be much appreciated.

Back on topic, for the reason you mentioned i tend to make copies of my games before a new patch.
So i can deal with any issues without relying on the Steam revert-via-Betas-tab option or simply play the game
on the old version i copied and potentialy without Steam.

This implies I watch Paradox news regularly.. I just play games..

This implies I watch Paradox news regularly..

No it doesn't.
As i explained in my earlier post (#366) with the patch/update alert in Steam.
Change the update/download options in the games' Steam properties.
Either the copy was made beforehand anyway or then, as soon as you see the update required alert.
Or as said before, select then the current version via Betas, which will prevent the update on start.

Last edited:
Hi,

I do have some keys, also an Europa Universalis IV Key, in my "earlier versions" area.
But I do not have this games in my Steam library so I can't follow the instructions here to activate the games.
What can I do?

Thanks!

Hi,

I do have some keys, also an Europa Universalis IV Key, in my "earlier versions" area.
But I do not have this games in my Steam library so I can't follow the instructions here to activate the games.
What can I do?

Thanks!
The keys are not for activating a game, but for earlier versions in the Betas tab of the games properties in Steam.
So nothing would be the answer, if you don't own these games.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi,

What can I do?

Thanks!
Every Paradox user sees those codes there. They do not indicate that you own those games.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just curious if 1.5.1 beta for EUIV has been deleted? It was working fine and then disappeared from the beta options during the last update. I did the linking to my steam acct and only got 1.9.2. How can I get 1.5.1 back? Any help would be much appreciated.
I to am curious about this, I am missing patches 1.5-1.9. Were they removed or is this a bug?

I to am curious about this, I am missing patches 1.5-1.9. Were they removed or is this a bug?
the oldest patch or two were removed. they explained that less than a hundred people were using them.

the oldest patch or two were removed. they explained that less than a hundred people were using them.
As one of those few players, I'm sorry to hear that they removed roughly 5 patches. Thanks for your help.