Changes to Playing Previous Versions of PDS Titles

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I followed the steps in the instructions above.

However, when I go to load my saved game using an older, previous version of EU 4, I get an error loading message. It said, "Failed to load saved game. The file is corrupted."

I really do not want to lose many, many hours of invested game play. What can I do, to be able to load my saved game?

Thank you for any help with this.
Please post this with full detail (in particular versions involved) in a new thread in EU4 Tech Support, thanks.

Reactions:
I think I should be synced correctly, see my sidebar icons, for example. But I will try and trigger the manual sync. I've noticed for a long time, though, that the account games page does not actually list all my games, but I assumed that it wasn't meant to.

I think I should be synced correctly, see my sidebar icons, for example. But I will try and trigger the manual sync. I've noticed for a long time, though, that the account games page does not actually list all my games, but I assumed that it wasn't meant to.
it's just glitchy and unreliable. the page that is. syncing works AFAIK

I'm not sure, if i'm at the right place to ask what i like to know. Due to my bad english knowledge, it seems to be the right place. At least i think and hope i'm not completly wrong.

Well, i'm playing paradox titles since Europa Universalis (1). Due to real life i havent played for some years but continued buying new titles to play them later. after retirement in the worst case. Until hearts of iron 4 i own almost any title, even if i havent played all of them. Many titles have been registered in the past at the old paradoxplaza. Some of them even havent been registered until now. Some months (or a few years ago) the old forum has gone. i realized this when it has been to late to save my old account. (It seems, some data is still alive, found some messages from 2010/2011 and badges of a few titles, i have registered in those times - not all of them) With the release of Crusader Kings 3 i started to play again. Now i like to try to play some old titles again/too.

As a first test, i tried to register EU III again. I bought the collectors edition, the collection and Chronicles in the past many years ago. But after entering the Code (here: https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/redeem) the website stated the code wasnt found. Is there any way to play my old games (again or for the first time)?

i own following retail boxes: Europa Universalis 1,2,3,4 extreme edition and conquest of paradise, Crusader Kings 1 complete pack, CK2, CK 2 Gold Edition, CK2 the old goods, CK 3, War of the vikings, Victoria Complete Pack, Victoria II Complete Edition and World Edition, Hearts of Iron Anthology, Hearts of iron III, HOI 3 Semper Fi, HOI 3 For the motherland, HOI 3 Their finest hour, HOI 4, Rome Gold, magicka Collection, majesty 2 collection, King arthur collection, king arthur 2 , Elven Legacy Collection, Pirates of black cove, Commander Conquest of the Americas Gold Edition, East India Company Collection, War of the roses, Napoleons Kriege March of the eagle, Rise of Prussia, Pride of Nations, Lionheart Kings Crusade, Sengoku, Warlock Master of the Arcane, Dark Horizon, Sword of the Stars II, Lead and Gold, Diplomacy, Mount and Blade, Mount and Blade fire and sword, Mount and Blade Warband, Cities in Motion 2
Maybe there are some more, but those are that ones, i see on my shelf instantly. (Digitally i own on gog Stelarris and most of the addons released until now)

You probably noticed i prefer physical media;) instead of digital releases. I hope your answer will not make me think i wasted my money for buying games i would like to play later than most of the people do.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Registering games here does not give you access to them. All it does is put an icon under your name here.

We do not host downloads of any of those old games. If you have physical versions of them, you can still install and play those of course.

If you want a digital download edition of them, you'd need to buy those fromm GoG, Amazon, Steam or wherever. Not all of them are still available of course.

Registering games here does not give you access to them. All it does is put an icon under your name here.

We do not host downloads of any of those old games. If you have physical versions of them, you can still install and play those of course.

If you want a digital download edition of them, you'd need to buy those fromm GoG, Amazon, Steam or wherever. Not all of them are still available of course.

Thank you for answering.

Due to this section:
Access earlier versions
on that site:

i thought registering needs to be done for some (unknown to me) nessecarity. Because of realizing that not all of my games are listed there, i asked here to learn how to register those ones not listed. if there is no need to register for accessing and playing them, all is fine.

Last edited:
Due to this section:
Access earlier versions
on that site:

The codes displayed there are for the Steam launcher and can be used there in the Betas tab of a games properties,
to revert to an earlier version. Not sure if they are currently still required for that.

Disclaimer: I'm just another forum member

PS: Registering Victoria 2 would get you access to its subforums (User Modficiations being the only relevant subforum now).
Its one of the few forums, if not the only one, which still requires registration of the game.

Last edited:
PS: Registering Victoria 2 would get you access to its subforums (User Modficiations being the only relevant subforum now).
Its one of the few forums, if not the only one, which still requires registration of the game.

Thank you. Due to your answer i've unboxed Victoria 2 Complete Edition and Victoria 2 World Edition. The Manual of the World Edition shows, that release contains the complete edition, adding heart of darkness.

The Backside says, i have to register to access the forum. After registering the first of three keys at https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/redeem because https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/mygames.php didnt exists anymore, the site answers: 400 - {"result":"Failure","errorCode":"code-not-found","errorMessage":"No matching redeem codes were found"}

Any chance to grant access?

The Backside says, i have to register to access the forum. After registering the first of three keys ...

Any chance to grant access?

Sure you haven't used the code on another account maybe ?
Either way, you can open a ticket at support and give them your key there.
They should be able to figure out what's wrong.
Top right, sign in, then open a ticket :

Sure you haven't used the code on another account maybe ?
Either way, you can open a ticket at support and give them your key there.
They should be able to figure out what's wrong.
Top right, sign in, then open a ticket :
Thank you for your help.

I'm pretty sure i havent used the code before. its one of those games i even havent unboxed before. it has still been sealed in plastic until today ;) will send a post to the ticket support.

All those drm mechanics and features ... i like them. remembering me every time of the advantages of buying games ... :-/

thats why i prefer boxed games or why i prefer gog if i decide to buy digitally. boxed you own the data and in case of servers are shut down you can find a way to play them anyway. digitally on gog there is no drm and you can make them physical yourself. in times where drm related servers for software or media already have been shut down (wal-mart for music, gamesload for games -nowadays relaunched by a new company with completely new database, meaning all buyed items are gone- or even specific servers of microsoft for software for example). if servers arent down, codes are gone, due to reorganizing boards (like here on paradox), i wonder why so many people prefer digitally purchases, locked by codes and drm. Unfortunately most content of paradox isnt sold physically nowadays.

Other solutions are annoying honest buyers and didnt bother downloaders of pirated sources. imho completely without sense. thats why i didnt buy as much as in the past.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Been trying to install Stellaris following these steps and can't see it in my Steam game listing. Despite being linked.

help....

Access earlier versions
Stellaris oldstellaris
I'm already helping you in a ZenDesk ticket on this.

I got the game via the microsoft store, not steam, so what would I do to change the game version?
I'm afraid you cannot, as MS do not provide any means of supplying alternate versions, unlike Steam. Sorry about that!

I want to revert HOI4 to patch 1.9, but when I type in the code, 1.5 is the only thing that shows up. How do I go to 1.9 instead?
You don't need a code for 1.9, it's too new for that. It really should be in the list, down the end I think.

trying to play a specsfic mode fallout related and needing 1.10.X however it not listed in the drop down and i used the code to unlock more soon as i play the latest version of the game it crashes need help