Changes to Playing Previous Versions of PDS Titles

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
..... This was years of effort making tweaks that are now gone....

One could ask why you didn't make a mod instead, preventing such issue, if it was "years of effort", but that discussion would probably lead nowhere.
Just saying, as that might be a reason why someone could have disagreed with your earlier post.
It wasn't me who disagreed, so no need to discuss it with me.
Simply turning off the Beta patches and forcing updates to the current patch was not very considerate though, there i agree.

I have linked but no games come up in paradox accounts, so how can I find the keys to access previous patch?

In the paradox accounts, It has a purple box keep telling to link to steam for game keys, but I have already done that, so what should I do now, please help

Go to your games page

https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games

SCROLL DOWN

Find "Access Earlier Versions"

Click SHOW

One could ask why you didn't make a mod instead, preventing such issue, if it was "years of effort", but that discussion would probably lead nowhere.
The main reason I did not package all my tweaks into mods is because I did not feel it was necessary for my own play throughs and the changes were complicated enough that I didn't think many others would have much interest. I also was not done play testing them as my attention was divided between many games and felt no urge to rush any of them. Obviously if I had forseen a forced update as a possibility I would have packaged up some versions of those mods and shared them but that work is all lost now.

Paradoxplaza is buggy as hell, I can't log with my password and I can't even RESET my password.

WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE THOSE BORING CODES AVAILABLE IN PUBLIC ACCESS ?

Paradoxplaza is buggy as hell, I can't log with my password and I can't even RESET my password.

WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE THOSE BORING CODES AVAILABLE IN PUBLIC ACCESS ?
You've obviously logged in here okay, and the Plaza uses the same credentials.

Once you are in here click on your email address up the top right, and then on Games (the one in the second row, underneath the Paradox platypus).

I started a hard difficulty ironman game a couple months ago, I was over 100 hours into it. In game year around 2500, 2 fallen races re-woken, and yea, bam, this patch broke my save game =( Awesome.

8041185342030E3930A13B45F8678D8AD13104B6

Attachments

• broken_ironman.jpg
    broken_ironman.jpg
    439,9 KB · Views: 15
  • broken_ironman.jpg
    broken_ironman.jpg
    439,9 KB · Views: 15
Once you are in here click on your email address up the top right
That still requires you to log in again, though, and that log in screen is not always working. Most of the time it does, but it doesn't want to log you in 100% of the time.

That still requires you to log in again, though, and that log in screen is not always working. Most of the time it does, but it doesn't want to log you in 100% of the time.

your likely issue is a password manager is filling in the fields for you which the system doenst trigger as 'input' until you like put a space in the email field

Works fine havent seen any systemic issues with logins

your likely issue is a password manager is filling in the fields for you which the system doenst trigger as 'input' until you like put a space in the email field

Works fine havent seen any systemic issues with logins
Except I don't ever use any password managers as I don't have any trouble remembering unique, very complex, very long passwords. :D

No, what happens is that pressing the green log in button just makes it grey and nothing more then happens. Though it's very rare that it happens.

Except I don't ever use any password managers as I don't have any trouble remembering unique, very complex, very long passwords. :D

No, what happens is that pressing the green log in button just makes it grey and nothing more then happens. Though it's very rare that it happens.
See
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rum-login-not-working-in-pc-and-ipad.1120382/
or/and
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/problems-logging-into-forum.1120566/

Then its likely your browser as no one else is reporting this particular issue that isn't directly tied to auto-passwords. Clear your web cache

I am confused!!!

A Law created to protect the consumers/customers data that all organizations that do business with Europe must adhere too (Steam)
Required Paradox to add extra security to protect OUR data??? In regards to older versions of games???

What data of mine is being protected??? Bye this extra Login stuff??? And why isn't steam good enough as it has to adhere to the law the same as Paradox does?!?

Nothing about this makes sense to me! Unless your collecting data of mine without my knowledge in the first place??? Or your wanting to collect data of mine bye putting me into a new box that I have opted into that then gives you the right to collect my data?!?

Basically I can't help but feel like I am being tricked into an environment that makes it easier to get my data and the reason being used is a law that suppose to protect my data?

Would Dnote or Groogy or any of the awesome Paradox dev's be willing to send me a PM explaining whatever it is I am missing here!
Because at this point I feel like my favorite developer (You guys at PDX) have gone off the deep end as everything about this smells very fishy.....

Then its likely your browser as no one else is reporting this particular issue that isn't directly tied to auto-passwords. Clear your web cache
Aardvark Bellay linked a thread with the same issue just above your post.
And I did have it autofill my email. Or rather I started writing the first letters and then just let it refill the rest from the suggestion.

GDPR requires that data gathered by us be detailed and given permission to by users. Pre-GDPR game versions (obviously!) did not ask that permission.

There was no EULA put up for the user to agree to for earlier game versions, it was implicit or not even in existence at all. CK2 is over 6 years old, such things were simply not a consideration then!

It is simply impractical to go back and update dozens of old game versions to display GDPR requirements, not to mention being a huge time-sink for developers who should be working on bug fixes and new features instead.

So you have been collecting data without asking permission! So what data have you been collecting???

So you have been collecting data without asking permission! So what data have you been collecting???

So why not just stop collecting the data, surely that would be the easier thing to do and it would have less of an effect on us your customers! Also any plans to apologize for your data collection???

They have collected data on what and when you play, and some details about what you do when you play. It was in the fine print of the EULA but that wasn't sufficient to comply with the new law.

Aardvark Bellay linked a thread with the same issue just above your post.
And I did have it autofill my email. Or rather I started writing the first letters and then just let it refill the rest from the suggestion.

But you said you dont use a password manager so its a bit confusing to reference those other threads when they basically are using password managers (your browsers autofill is functionally a passowrd manager)

Last edited:

No that's not what they're doing. The privacy policy is basically is entirely the same as before, they just added all the GDPR nonsense, in order to be compliant. If you weren't reading the privacy policy before as to what data they were collecting, you can't really be angry about it now when you are presented with basically the exact same thing as before.

So why not just stop collecting the data, surely that would be the easier thing to do and it would have less of an effect on us your customers! Also any plans to apologize for your data collection???

The game mostly just collects benign data like your SteamID and a bunch of random game data. However your SteamID is considered 'identifiable information' which requires you to be notified of its collection. You cant functionally 'stop collecting' data as that telemetry data is important to understand how players are using or nto using specific features, seeing play styles, researched techs, etc. Even if you wanted to 'stop collecting' it would require paradox to go back and recompile dozens of executables in order to provide all the previous versions to all users. The engineering and QA testing required for that would be enormous and hardly justifyiable.

But thankfully RodDel seems to have already pointed out a solution in the opening post:

My friend gave me a code to access an older version of the game, can I use it?

Yes, but please understand that by using the code you agree with our Privacy Policy and understand what it means.

This sounds a lot like there is only 1 code that is the same for everyone (which btw is also my understanding how Beta access on Steam generally works). Maybe you can find that code somewhere, so you can avoid linking your accounts? Just taking a wild guess here, of course :rolleyes:

We are not pointing out a solution here. You have to bear in mind that the previous sentence is merely informative in order to be as transparent as possible. We do not advocate password sharing, if you use a shared password, it is at your own risk. The reason we ask you to have a Paradox Account to retrieve the codes is to ensure you agree with our Privacy Policy and get the opportunity to read it and understand which personal data will be collected from you when you play these old versions.

Thank you for pointing this out, I will update the FAQ accordingly.