• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope Paradox continues to emphasize quality in their products before anything else.

Edit: Quality is pretty much the essence of Paradox. Other companies like EA may get away with publishing low-quality content, but Paradox won't last if the quality of their games degrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Ebba, and please push for "Victoria III" the forum will love you forever. Mr. Fredrik Wester, you once said i had a "mob mentality", but i forgive you with all my heart and truly wish you great success and fulfillment in your new position. You are a great CEO and human being and i shall miss you as CEO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long may she reign!

There is only so much chaos I can handle :eek:
It's Shams I feel sorry for, Fred's going to have more time to cause chaos around him, specifically.

Does anyone know whether she has (or is going to make) a forum account?

Paradox'es style of direct communication with the community is great, especially compared to other companies in the industry, IMO
Already done, see https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-to-paradox-management.1069502/#post-23811088 above (page 1 of this thread).
Cheers, @eljen!

Fred has been saying that his preferred level of involvement was becoming a bad fit for his responsibilities for some years now. I am happy for him that he found a way to improve that. All the best luck to Ebba.

I agree with you Vanayad. Its a great concern. Having a new CEO coming from a online gambling company, surely she would have no morals about scamming people of their money. I am not saying this is what is going to happen. But this is the reality of the situation of what can possibly happen.

I believe, in your regards you can be reassured. There is only a single boss to see in the video. Apart from that, I still see a totally likeable woman whose body language and facial expression says: I'm reliable, sincere and take my job seriously. My personal interests are behind what my family or the general does good.

(Oh man and I first got infected by your concerns regarding gambling and whatnot. Until I saw the video! By the way, thanks danielg0ldberg for posting videolink)

Much success Ebba, do not take us forists sooo seriously, actually we are quite nice. Come on, dreamexpress, say something nice as well?!

I dont comment a persons looks, i judge a persons morals by their previous actions.
And i absolutely detest everything about online gambling.

Oh, and i know marketing can come in here and defend it. But there is obiously not a coincidence that of all the skilled people who would dream of working for paradox they hire someone from the gambling industry. You dont do such a thing by chance, her skill in that field will somehow affect paradox. Time will tell how.

What i talk about has absolutely nothing to do about how likeable a person looks in front of the camera.

Edit: this comment was a response to another persons post that somehow got deleted that was referencing me. I did not post this just to be annoying.

Last edited:
Paradox to crown new female CEO -- Victoria III confirmed?

I dont comment a persons looks, i judge a persons morals by their previous actions.
And i absolutely detest everything about online gambling.

Oh, and i know marketing can come in here and defend it. But there is obiously not a coincidence that of all the skilled people who would dream of working for paradox they hire someone from the gambling industry. You dont do such a thing by chance, her skill in that field will somehow affect paradox. Time will tell how.
What i talk about has absolutely nothing to do about how likeable a person looks in front of the camera.

Thank you for your answer, because I am an incorrigible sunshine I read your post between the lines: "Gone stupid, I'm actually a kind guy. Just make me a few worries." :D

For my part, she can come straight from hell as long as she left there voluntarily. Do not worry about nothing mate. She does not program our games, so we are not affected at all. (Somehow embarrassing that we talk about a third person. But that's my fault because I spoke to you.)

P.S. I wanted to write more, but I already had pressed the PostReply Button. Do not go to the cellar to laugh mate. :)

Last edited:
I do hope with all my hearth everything will turn out fine like you said. Actually, i do think it will. She could add her expertise on their mobile game that are in developement. Those am i not as concerned about as a pc gaming fan. And that kind of marketing/monetization is more accepted there.
I love your comment about hell. I looked her up on google and in this case she have gone from gambling brand to gambling brand with over 10 years experience in this field, not a one off thing.
Maybe she is the devil?;)

Anyway, my opinion might be abit strong and annoying. And i dont really have anything more constructive to say.
I guess i can say i am glad you guys keep the postive atmosphere going!:)

Maybe she is the devil?

We only have one chance to unmask her, buddy! We have to go to the pdx-con and one of us has to pull up her dress to check if she has a club foot. You are much bigger and stronger than me and besides, it was my idea. So you have to do it alone. But I'm with you and when the securitys beat on you, I'll try to distract them. :)

Why do I keep thinking of this EU4 event:

Scheming Bureaucracy

Seizing power? Certainly not. This is simply a normal assumption of the executive office, as laid out in form 32B, on the administration of the Kingdom, whitepaper 48:53-D, on the transfer of power under certain circumstances, as modified by protective clauses 3, 8 and 12b, law 48-9 and edict 3W-4. What is there not to understand? Your majesty has signed all of them.

Frederik clearly went with option 2:
Well....yes...this does seem to be all in good order

Paradox is now a Bureaucratic Despotosism! I hope they've saved up on some admin to counter the stability hit....

....So this August I’ll be stepping out of the role of CEO at Paradox Interactive and will be taking up a post as Executive Chairman of the Board....

I’m also really happy to announce that we’ve already selected the person who will step in as CEO of Paradox Interactive, starting in August. It is my pleasure to introduce you to Ebba Ljungerud....

Congratulations and good luck to you both, Fred and Ebba.

So, as Ebba becomes coronated as the new "Queen of Paradox", will she take up the mantle of "Queen Victoria", and then, just moments later, the room darkens and in the screen we see ....

Victoria 3