• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Van Silke

The Vizard
6 Badges
Jul 28, 2013
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
At this stage it's fairly abusable, especially in multiplayer, since vell-coordinated beam crossing results in easily produced overkill doses of unblockable damage.

True, that it can kill players as vell, but it seems to be only one overkill spell in the entire system. The consistency might demand either lovering the singularity's damage output, or making it more punishing...

Suggestions here might be, not really mutually:

1. Have casters receive 1000 - 1500 damage instantly upon crossing the beams. The singularity could still appear, so no losses here.

2. Have singularities deal less damage ( from around 700 to 1200), but appear also under the feet of the casters, in sources. I like that violet light.

Upvote 0
That's the most "balancing" option, but the thing is already in the game, and removing loads of code along vith the fancy violet animation is not a viable choice.
My suggestions are generally attempts to improve it's mechanics, but not letting already spent money go to vaste.

Vortex vas the most poverful, but vas not the only overkill.

Singularity is actually the only overkill spell seemingly being against M2's playstyle, and that is vhat baffles me.

Its definitelly not the only such gamebreakingly abusable spell in the game (!ESSSS+!DSSSS, Revive+Fairy, etc.) but yeah I agree.

My personal idea how to make it bit more fun and dangerous was that each explosion could summon some kind of powerful arcane abomination immune to death damage that would then relentlesly hunt you down. Crossing the streams would basicaly create a new problem that cant be solved by spamming that spell endlessly and would force you to change tactics immediately. You should feel dread when thinking of using such a powerful magic to solve your problems.

The current spellcasting system does have some abusable mechanics, but this one is usually discovered very early on. I have nothing against poverful spells, that require some experimenting to get it to vork, but this..yeah, you're getting the idea anyvays.

I vouldn't mess vith such things as summoning entities, I'd rather find the solution, that is reasonably cheap to execute and this vay be more appealing to the developers.