• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gronak

Colonist
38 Badges
Jun 1, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
With the high dev for the natives it makes the development mapmode near unusable - and I'm not even colourblind. Due to natives having +50 dev so early, most of the world is shades of red. Even provinces in their 40's are only just yellow. Perhaps if provinces are over 30 dev then they use shades of another colour (like blue)? This way it would solve the issue from natives development and it would also solve the issue of one supercity with +40 dev ruining the mapmode for the rest of the world (40 dev is enough to make the mapmode harder to use, so if 0-30 and 31> have seperate colour scales that'd be great).

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
1619728378604.png

1619728416276.png

1619728462885.png

1619728508618.png

1619728527611.png

As can be seen from these screenshots, the high dev provinces just ruin the mapmode for the rest of the world. Provinces are needing to be developed into their 50's to become green. A new setup is needed. Perhaps even making it so after 50 dev the province doesn't get any more green and the red doesn't become any more red.

Reactions:
Oooor... Hear me out now - fix the 50+ dev migrating megacities in 1450 and remove dev stealing from the game so the gameplay returns to normal.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Oooor... Hear me out now - fix the 50+ dev migrating megacities in 1450 and remove dev stealing from the game so the gameplay returns to normal.

I mean.. It would work, but even still the dev mapmode wasn't good for late game thanks to superdeveloped cities up to 50 in dev. Made a post about this when the dev mapmode changed to be like this, hoping now the issue is more apparent people can get behind the idea of changing it again.

Reactions:
I mean.. It would work, but even still the dev mapmode wasn't good for late game thanks to superdeveloped cities up to 50 in dev. Made a post about this when the dev mapmode changed to be like this, hoping now the issue is more apparent people can get behind the idea of changing it again.
That is true - the map modes could be updated a bit in general.

• 1Like
Reactions: