• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tomas the Great

Captain
19 Badges
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
I wonder how the change of the province culture is possible. Played as Brandenburg I conquered Sudeten and Czech culture after a while changed to German. No conversion, no events.
Is the province sharing several cultures and the state culture is rising (if originally present) until become predominant and than whole province change culture? That would be brilliant and exploitable in events :cool:

I am sure that there is no in-game culture-change function, so it would have to be an event... Wierd. :confused:

I'm sure it must be an event. How do you know that there was no event? Did you check everything in the log? Most likely it was an event that happened to another country, perhaps Austria.

But surely events can only modify province owned by the recipent of it... right?

No. COT and province culture commands work independent of ownership.

Isaac Brock said:

I knew about the CoT ones, but the culture stuff is news to me... Perhaps some events should be reworked to prevent situations like the above?

If that's true, then why do some Polish Ruthenian provinces become Ukranian, while if they're owned by GH they stay Ruthenian?

Well, one of us is wrong. I don't have the game in front of me, but here is how to check. Fire up EUII, and start the 1492 scenario as Spain. Go to the console and fire event 3160. See what happens to the culture in Granada. Last time I checked this it changed culture, however that was under version 1.05.

Isaac Brock said:

Province culture commands do not unfortunately. Archaalen gives a very good example.

Is there a way to script the events so they're province, rather than ownership-based?

Isaac Brock said:
Well, one of us is wrong. I don't have the game in front of me, but here is how to check. Fire up EUII, and start the 1492 scenario as Spain. Go to the console and fire event 3160. See what happens to the culture in Granada. Last time I checked this it changed culture, however that was under version 1.05.
It was like you say I'm sure. But it was some patches ago since I tested it.

Khephren said:
Province culture commands do not unfortunately. Archaalen gives a very good example.

Went back and tested this again. Under 1.05 I am right - the province changes culture regardless of ownership. Under 1.07 you are indeed correct - the province changes culture only if owned by the country receieving the event. Sorry for the confusion.

What version do you have, Tomas?

I like the 1.05 version better, too bad it changed. :(

I suppose a number of pre-1.05 culture-changing events need to be reworked (or at least looked at) then...

Tomas the Great said:
Pity it was event (did not expect other countries involved) hoped for more sophisticated feature. :(

Well, if EU had a dynamic culture-changing feature we would prolly have noticed by now. ;)

This is odd, as I am sure that in one game or another (I think LGH3, multiplayer) which WAS with 1.07beta (not sure which beta) Memel (Baltic) did change to German while it was NOT owned by Brandenburg(Prussia?)
something with German culture?

Tomas the Great said:
I wonder how the change of the province culture is possible. Played as Brandenburg I conquered Sudeten and Czech culture after a while changed to German. No conversion, no events.

Event 3196 (Austria) changes province 330 from Czech to German culture, regardless of ownership.