• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RandomThyme

Recruit
Jul 10, 2021
- playing on Xbox One
- have latest version
- all dlc installed
- happening on all saves
- deactivated and reactivated all dlc - no change, hard reboot of game console - no change, uninstalled and reinstalled base game and all dlc - no change

The change job priority function that allows a player to lock jobs is not functioning. I cannot lock any jobs slots only set a favourite for the general group (farmers, etc.).

This annoying but not game breaking. Just means that it takes longer and costs more to develop a planet as you can't prevent pops working in unnecessary positions.

I solved my issue. It turns out that I wasn't understanding how the controls worked regarding this aspect. I was pushing the right stick button instead of moving the right stick to the left to lock jobs. Man I feel like a bit of an idiot now. But this will make things much easier going forward.

Last edited:
If this is not working just shut the jobs down that you don't want. You can do this in the pop screen. Move over to say clearks and use the right stick to shut the job down then reopen them as you get more pops on the planet after farmer jobs are full tc

Yeah when on the pop tab on the plant screen move over to the right onto the jobs and use stick left.to close right to open. If you want todo it one at a time or you can restore all jobs by press square on ps on surewhat it is on xbox

If this is not working just shut the jobs down that you don't want. You can do this in the pop screen. Move over to say clearks and use the right stick to shut the job down then reopen them as you get more pops on the planet after farmer jobs are full tc
That is what I'm trying to do. But when I push the right stick nothing happens. The jobs don't get restricted. So I'm forced to wait until all the open clerk positions fill up. Most often I deal with this by only building city districts when absolutely necessary for housing or by resetting any unneeded clerks to new colonies. It is a pain and makes colony management more tedious but other then using the priority system which absolutely atrocious i don't have any other options at this time.

Keep in mind that it restricts the unfilled jobs first. You may have to hit the right stick quite a number of times before you notice a change.

If it is a bug, other users will probably report they are also having a problem.

I have attempted to restrict jobs on planets where I only have 2 clerk positions and still nothing happens. I have also tried where there are no jobs available and no unemployed pops and still nothing happens.

I'm pretty sure that it is a bug. A bit annoying but not game breaking. It could also just be a ghost in the machine as I'm playing on an original Xbox One.

I'm pretty sure that it is a bug. A bit annoying but not game breaking. It could also just be a ghost in the machine as I'm playing on an original Xbox One.
I guess it depends upon what you are playing. I would say it is pretty game breaking if you are playing machines, which really needs the ability to prioritize and restrict maintenance drones.

I just tried this, and it worked for me. Not sure if this video is going to work or not, but here goes!

Edit: The video did not work :(

Edit Edit: If this issue is still persisting, remember you have to press A on the strata, then go into the jobs, and move the right stick to the left to deprioritize the jobs. If this still isn't working for you.. you may need to uninstall and reinstall, as this does work in my experience.

Attachments

• Stellaris Console Edition (15).mp4
    26,9 MB