• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Oski

Captain
31 Badges
Mar 28, 2001
Visit site
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I'm currently playing my most challenging game of HOI2 ever, with DAIM, set to Hard/Aggressive. It took me two years, and with some iffy moments, but I finally beat the Soviet Union. I took India, and Africa's just a sea of blood. No luck on Sealion yet, and it's late 1944. I'm two techs away from nuclear weapons, which I've never used in the game before. I'm pretty sure that this game it'll be the best way for me to achieve dominance over the US, and open things up for a successful Sealion.

Which has me wondering whether there's the chance that the AI might beat me to the punch on that? I know that DAIM uses a diminished air AI, which perhaps minimizes the risk. But the US has been succeeding in making some strategic bombardments of Berlin, and...that's where I stuck my reactor. Bad decision I think, putting it in an industry-rich capitol that's already a bombing target.

But if the Allies develop nuclear technology before I do, they can strap a nuke on one of those strat bombers and hit Berlin with it, right? Which would entire destroy any chance of me ever developing a nuke of my own, right? What are the chances of that happening? :eek:

Nice to hear that you have fun with DAIM :D
Anercan AI shold build nukes in the late war, so there is of cause the possibility ;) that Berlin is getting nuked.

I'm currently playing my most challenging game of HOI2 ever, with DAIM, set to Hard/Aggressive. It took me two years, and with some iffy moments, but I finally beat the Soviet Union. I took India, and Africa's just a sea of blood. No luck on Sealion yet, and it's late 1944. I'm two techs away from nuclear weapons, which I've never used in the game before. I'm pretty sure that this game it'll be the best way for me to achieve dominance over the US, and open things up for a successful Sealion.

Which has me wondering whether there's the chance that the AI might beat me to the punch on that? I know that DAIM uses a diminished air AI, which perhaps minimizes the risk. But the US has been succeeding in making some strategic bombardments of Berlin, and...that's where I stuck my reactor. Bad decision I think, putting it in an industry-rich capitol that's already a bombing target.

But if the Allies develop nuclear technology before I do, they can strap a nuke on one of those strat bombers and hit Berlin with it, right? Which would entire destroy any chance of me ever developing a nuke of my own, right? What are the chances of that happening? :eek:

I never ever place my nuclear reactors or rocket testing sites in any remotely important province. I tend to place it somewhere in the wilderness with low infrastructure, somewhere that will never be fought over. Berlin is likely to be their first target if they haven't changed the AI in DAIM on this matter.