• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(85646)

Banned
5 Badges
Oct 16, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
When I joined these forums, I brought up the problem with playing Moldavia. After hundreds of hours of play, I believe the problem persists. Therefore, I want to take this issue to a higher level.

Don't tell me what to do. Instead, tell me what you did. Go ahead and play as Moldavia and tell me your success story. I only have these requests: no cheats or alternations to the game; no Mods; no reloads; and no peace treaty where you'll accept vassalage. This because the vassalage is not within the player's control, and as such cannot be counted as part of the strategy or skill on their part. The longetivity of the game must be at least 50 years. Who knows....if you manage to survive the first six months, perhaps you could make it.

Also, this will only count for NA.

Who claims to be an expert on this game? I want these experts to try on taking Moldavia. Heck, I want Johan to try to take on Moldavia. I want to be enlighted.

Hope to hear from you. ;)

Last edited:
Are you crazy? A one-province minor in Eastern Europe with no allies surrounded by large, powerful, hostile states? Moldavia is doomed, doomed, doomed! Just like in real history where they survived until the 20th century without becoming anyone's vassal.

DOOMED!

dharper said:
Are you crazy? A one-province minor in Eastern Europe with no allies surrounded by large, powerful, hostile states? Moldavia is doomed, doomed, doomed, just like in real life where they survived until the 20th century without becoming anyone's vassal.

DOOMED!

Moldavia survived in real life. Let me see you survive as Moldavia in the game.

Now, Dharper, I believe you've touched a philosophical question. Are you suggesting that in EU3, there are countries that are bound to fail? Countries that are meant to stand no chance? Because if we draw a paradox between history and EU3, Paradox seems not to follow it, so why even bring that up?

If there are no posibilities for Moldavia to survive in the first 50 years of the game, starting in 1453 (forgot to mention that--thanks to spl for bringing that to my attention), then I'll dare to say that it's an error from Johan.

Hey, 08, are you reading this? Here's something for you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZoDDumbSrHY
:p

spl said:
Don't worry! Colonizing is always the key. I have made it 1 year so far! :D

You want to colonize the new world with Moldavia? Are you kidding me? You won't even have the time to say Ahoy before your navy sinks into the ocean. And no, no one will ever allow you to anchor in their ports.

Moldavia said:
You want to colonize the new world with Moldavia? Are you kidding me? You won't even have the time to say Ahoy before your navy sinks into the ocean. And no, no one will ever allow you to anchor in their ports.
Just wait and watch...it will take a while, but doing things the unconventional way will do it... ;)

I will reveal the secret later...(I did not cheat once! I swear it!)

EU3_101.png

Well, what can I say? If Crimea and Poland go at each other, it may give you a small break. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if you declare war on the first day, no one else will declare war on you immediately. So if you build a small navy and seize Athens or some other minor country in the Mediterranean, it may give you a foothold in that area prior to your launch into the world that awaits colonization. I remember trying something similar which had mixed effects. If, however, Crimea or Poland declares war on you within the first two months, you'll be dead, regardless of how clever you are.

I hope to learn your secret.

I also wonder if Johan has tested all of these regions to notice any balance problems. Hmmm...

Moldavia said:
What's an AAR? I'm only familiar with GRRR! Yeah, I'm sure they can't get you, now that you've expanded into Africa. If only we had you as an advisor in 1453! ;)
You'd think so.... :D
An AAR stands for After Action Report, there is big forum with them you should check out ;)

EDIT: AAR away!

Last edited:
As Russia I decided to take it upon myself to help out Moldavia. I made them my vassal and later got into a war with Hungary and I ceded Carpathia to them. Happy days!

Unfortunately they got the Reforming Hungary event and they gave it back. I'm not sure if that's NA or MMG. But it was fun while it lasted.

astralis said:
As Russia I decided to take it upon myself to help out Moldavia. I made them my vassal and later got into a war with Hungary and I ceded Carpathia to them. Happy days!

Unfortunately they got the Reforming Hungary event and they gave it back. I'm not sure if that's NA or MMG. But it was fun while it lasted.
That is a MMG event for sure.

dharper said:
Are you crazy? A one-province minor in Eastern Europe with no allies surrounded by large, powerful, hostile states? Moldavia is doomed, doomed, doomed! Just like in real history where they survived until the 20th century without becoming anyone's vassal.

DOOMED!

Moldovia never survied until the 21st centry. they became a Vassal of the OE,
Then a part of Russia, then the OE, then Romania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Moldova

ME UNIVERSALIS said:
Moldovia never survied until the 21st centry. they became a Vassal of the OE,
Then a part of Russia, then the OE, then Romania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Moldova

actually they did. They did become a vassal of OE, never was part of Russia - just Bassarabia took by Russia, northern Moldavia took by Austria and Bugeac (Southern Bassarabia) took by OE - they survived with 1 prov - Moldavia. (They had 3 and 4 later in the XVIII century).

About part of Moldavia - this was her wish. Even Stephen the Great wanted to unite with Vlad Dracul from Wallachia but the international situation at the moment (hungry OE and Hungary and Poland) didn't allow him.

In 1600 - Michael the Brave took control of the 3 romanian states - Transylvania, Moldavia and Wallachia(he was from wallachia). The union survived few months and after that it was crumbled by the neighbouring enemies and backstabbing hungarians in Transylvania.

Finally, in 1859 the Paris Conference allowed the Union between Wallachia and Moldavia - the new country name = "The United Principates of Moldavia and Wallachia" was just a formal union with 2 kings, 2 parliaments, only 1 central organization at Focsani (a city between Moldavia and Wallachia).

When in Moldavia Alexandru Ioan Cuza was elected king - romanians voted for him in Wallachia also - so Moldavia and Wallachia were under single rule. He then consolidated the state and later on, "Romania" was recognized as one state, vassal of OE.

~End of Story~ :p