• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Devil cat

Recruit
8 Badges
May 19, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Firstly, thanks for opening this forum, it is really a great idea.
secondly, I’m waiting for development of Central Asia zone and it’s countries. It is really disappointing that such historically rich zone is dead. Moreover, there are some historical errors; Chagatay are not Kyrgyz, didn’t exist options of creating countries as: Kyrgyzstan, Tagikistan, maveranahr ecc. overall, would be really good if you could give a breath of live for Central Asia and for nomads countries.

thirdly, military system, that is really bad. Why only 3 stars for generals? Probably let’s add another two? XD. Generals never, NEVER revive some characteristic bonuses, as I know this exist in the game, but generals never revive this things. It would be good idea to add option that, your general with army can rebel: to create his own country, for revolution, for another pretender, at all, I thing the idea is clear. Would be excellent if generals could revive XP. For example, u have a 1 star general, but with battles he can arrive to 3 stars. Certainly, some of them will just spawn with 3 stars, and just for this, I was proposing u to maximise to 5 stars, so that will exist some category of “genius” generals.

republic system, only one thing, in my opinion, with republic or democratic system with election of president i thing there should be automatically added free councillors, but some of them will have +3 at administrative, or +2, and some will have -3 I mean, with negative points, so affecting to u, and the idea is that I can’t expel his until next elections.

Sorry for my English, I’m not an Englishman

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
About Central Asia: That all seems fine. A more historically accurate starting scenario is always a good idea.

About the military: I don't see the point of changing how stars are calculated. Because stars are an averaging together of all four of a general's stats, neither a 5 point scale nor a 3 point scale really gives you a sense for what a general's capabilities are. A loyalty system for generals might be a good idea, but it seems like it would be a pretty hard thing to do this late in the game's life. And generals can receive traits from winning battles, though that feature requires the Rights of Man DLC, which may explain why you aren't seeing it. Having it be made into a more player-visible system is an interesting idea, though.

About republics: I don't think it would be a good idea for republics to get new advisors when a new ruler is elected. I don't know enough about early modern republics to know whether it would be an accurate representation of how they worked, but even if it is I don't think it would make for good gameplay. And if it is going to be implemented, I don't see why it should be restricted to republics. After all, it's not uncommon for a new king to throw out his predecessor's advisors and install his own cronies into their positions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Kyrgyzstan (but maybe Kirghiz) and Tajikistan will not be added to the game as they are more modern creations. I agree, Chagatai should not be Kirghiz and shouldn't even be named Chagatai. Transoxiana is Mawaranahr so that isn't needed, but I believe technically the tag would be "Samarkand" as it was the Timurid dynasty in Samarkand and the rulers of that polity are distinguished because of their control of Samarkand. However, PDX does not want tags that matches the name of a province, reasonably so.

Chagatai should be Moghulistan and they were referred to by that name (such as by Babur in The Baburnama, which I have referenced on this forum numerous times). There also needs to be dynamic names for Central Asian provinces, or at least one generalized Tatar/Uzbek/Kazakh localization. I have also made a post about Tatar dynamic names, which is honestly probably outdated and includes several mistakes, but is a good basis.

Reactions:
Kyrgyzstan (but maybe Kirghiz) and Tajikistan will not be added to the game as they are more modern creations. I agree, Chagatai should not be Kirghiz and shouldn't even be named Chagatai. Transoxiana is Mawaranahr so that isn't needed, but I believe technically the tag would be "Samarkand" as it was the Timurid dynasty in Samarkand and the rulers of that polity are distinguished because of their control of Samarkand. However, PDX does not want tags that matches the name of a province, reasonably so.

Chagatai should be Moghulistan and they were referred to by that name (such as by Babur in The Baburnama, which I have referenced on this forum numerous times). There also needs to be dynamic names for Central Asian provinces, or at least one generalized Tatar/Uzbek/Kazakh localization. I have also made a post about Tatar dynamic names, which is honestly probably outdated and includes several mistakes, but is a good basis.
With Kyrgyz I’m not agree, it is pretty ancient population. For example, they had own empire from 840 to 925

The 3 big thingsCentral Asia needs are imo:
1 - Rename chagatai "Moghulistan", and make Chagatai a formable like golden horde, ilkhans and Yuan
2 - Give Uzbeks -> Bukhara and Moghulistan -> Chagatai unique mission trees
3 - Give Bukhara unique NI's

Reactions: