Center of revolution won't disappear

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jez9999

Colonel
8 Badges
May 14, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
I had a center of revolution appear in London in my game and before I got round to DoWing on them with a crush rebellion CB, the revolution target changed to Portugal for some reason. I then declared on revolutionary GB and crushed the revolution, but the center of revolution is still there in London making other provinces revolutionary. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

I think you have to wait 20 years, until the last revolution was crushed. Then if another revolutionary (revolutionary) country appears and you crush it the timer resets to 20 years again? I don't like the revolutionary mechanics, because of the limited ways to interact with it. Last time I even played to 1700 and it appeared, I did save game editing to bypass it entirely. Usually I quit beforehand after achieving my goals, and dread the age of revolutions.

If you have an older save, you could try to crush the revolution in Portugal so that GB hopefully becomes the revolution target again. If you crush the revolution in the revolution target, a center in their provinces should disappear. Or you could make Portugal own the province with the center, but that's probably very difficult. Or you could conquer the province with the center an then trigger the revolution disaster in your country and then choose the reactionary side. If you then end the disaster without becoming revolutionary, the center will be removed as well