• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AirDoc

Recruit
7 Badges
Jul 15, 2020
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
With the host of bugs that are created/solved with each of the recent patches, I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something and doing something wrong.

I've created a range of cell qualities within my prison (from 0 up to 7 at the moment) and have "use cell quality ratings" enabled on my policy. However, it doesn't appear that prisoners are ever reassigned prison cells based on good or bad behavior. I have prisoners rated 7-10 who are in 0-2 quality cells (while higher quality cells are available) and other prisoners who've been misbehaved in 5-7 quality rating cells but who deserve a 0 (and 0-2 quality cells are available). I can manually sort and assign prisoners cells, but that micromanagement is tedious and takes the fun away. The only time I see cell quality having an effect is upon initial arrival. Prisoners wouldn't be placed in higher quality cells than they deserved and were being kept in holding until their behavior improved or a low quality cell opened up.

In my current prison, I only have a single cell block with about 40 cells (prisoners capped to 30 to make sure there are open cells for prisoner movement, assuming it worked), all minimum security (I'm keeping it easy since I haven't played PA in about two years and am reacquainting myself with the game). Essentially default game settings, no mods, only DLC is cleared for transfer.

To see if I just wasn't patient enough, I let the prison run at fast speed uninterrupted for three days and at the end of the three days, I didn't notice any reassignments based on behavior (good or bad). So, is this broken, or am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
I just recently purchased this game, and I'm doing rather well through the scenarios so far.
I do not have the free DLC added (read that it comes with some "spying" mechanism that you must download to have it). But I may add it later.
Anyway, I have also noticed this same issue (the one described by the OP) playing through the scenarios, and was hoping it was just a "scenario-game-play bug only," and not one that rolls-over to the normal game play (which I have not tried yet, since I have not finished the scenarios, which is a good tutorial or learning mechanism on how to play the overall game).

Can we please get some of the more experienced players who play PA to tell us more about what they know on this issue.
More specifically, how exactly does the toggle switch (turning it on or off with an "X" in the box) regarding "Use Cell Quality Ratings" work? (Found on the bottom of the "Policy" tab)
(I know the basics on how to increase individual cell ratings with certain items you place in or around each cell, and how prisoners increase or decrease their own deserved rating.)
I have read the help topic that pops-up when you place your pointer on this option. But it is confusing, and possibly not exactly working to what it specifically says it should do.
Please help to clarify. And if there is a good, previous thread (or threads) where this has already been discussed, please post a direct link to those threads (please don't include links to threads or videos that are ancient, and no longer relevant since updates have obviously been created by the developers).

Thank you everyone.

PS: From this YouTube summary video (below) I can see some of the expanded features that come with the "Cleared For Transfer" DLC, but I just want to understand the "Cell Quality Rating" issue (with vanilla play) and how it works.

Last edited: