• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the wonderfull job with this mod.

I have had a couple of problems latelly with an event in HOI2 Armaggedon. Vanilla no mods and was wondering if you guys know what is the deal here, or if you might know why it happened.

event - 100003 in the vichy_new.txt file

First time I was playing as Germany and had normal Axis minors and Italy as allies. The event fired, everything was ok, except Italy was still at war with Iraq.

I checked your changelog and see you include a peace with Italy in this particular event, so I suppose that takes care of that.

The second time I was playing Italy, event fired and the game crashed. I managed to reload a few months back and waited for it to fire again. After getting new crashes I managed to pause and save the game exactly when the event fired. I tried loading the game with different countries including Iraq looking for what was causing the crash. Eventually I looked up that Bulgaria was still at war with Iraq. So I loaded as Bulgaria and using "acceptall" made peace. That got around the CTD.

Now I don't know what made Bulgaria stay at war with Iraq and why exactly it made it CTD. Bulgaria joined the Axis late in this game, it joined AFTER BULGARIA declared war on Yougoslavia. Maybe the game then thinks there are two separate wars even though Bulgaria joined the Axis afterwards?

To sum up that rambling:

Germany (Hungary, Italy and Romenia) DOWed Yougoslavia
Yougoslavia joins the Allies
Bulgaria DOWed Yougoslavia
Bulgaria joins the Axis

event - 100003 fires
Bulgaria stays at war with Iraq. Instant CTD

Kayapo said:
Thank you for the wonderfull job with this mod.

I have had a couple of problems latelly with an event in HOI2 Armaggedon. Vanilla no mods and was wondering if you guys know what is the deal here, or if you might know why it happened.

event - 100003 in the vichy_new.txt file

First time I was playing as Germany and had normal Axis minors and Italy as allies. The event fired, everything was ok, except Italy was still at war with Iraq.

I checked your changelog and see you include a peace with Italy in this particular event, so I suppose that takes care of that.

The second time I was playing Italy, event fired and the game crashed. I managed to reload a few months back and waited for it to fire again. After getting new crashes I managed to pause and save the game exactly when the event fired. I tried loading the game with different countries including Iraq looking for what was causing the crash. Eventually I looked up that Bulgaria was still at war with Iraq. So I loaded as Bulgaria and using "acceptall" made peace. That got around the CTD.

Now I don't know what made Bulgaria stay at war with Iraq and why exactly it made it CTD. Bulgaria joined the Axis late in this game, it joined AFTER BULGARIA declared war on Yougoslavia. Maybe the game then thinks there are two separate wars even though Bulgaria joined the Axis afterwards?

To sum up that rambling:

Germany (Hungary, Italy and Romenia) DOWed Yougoslavia
Yougoslavia joins the Allies
Bulgaria DOWed Yougoslavia
Bulgaria joins the Axis

event - 100003 fires
Bulgaria stays at war with Iraq. Instant CTD
The crash is caused because of the "Seperate Wars" bug. Basically, any wars a country is in before joining the alliance are treated as separate wars (also happens because of the Marco Polo Bridge event) and most events only end the war with the main protagonist (Germany in this case) and its allies. Because of the "Separate Wars" bug, Bulgaria only ended its war as part of the Axis, but not the war it started when in Declared War on Yugoslavia (and the Allies) in response to the German/Italian DoW.

The best way to fix this is to change the Balkan AI files to make them join the Axis (by event) instead of declaring war and THEN joining the Axis.

I see. Another solution would be to have a command to "make peace - Axis". Maybe in HOI3 :rolleyes:

I just had this same thing happen again. For some reason in my games Bulgaria never joins before DOWing Yougoslavia. I fixed it by including "peace with bulgaria" in the event command.

edit: Just thought about it, I guess make peace with Axis wouldn't work because the separate war would still stand. So what we really need is a fix that forces all wars with the participants of an alliance to stop if their alliance leader makes peace for them.

Kayapo said:
I see. Another solution would be to have a command to "make peace - Axis". Maybe in HOI3 :rolleyes:

I just had this same thing happen again. For some reason in my games Bulgaria never joins before DOWing Yougoslavia. I fixed it by including "peace with bulgaria" in the event command.

edit: Just thought about it, I guess make peace with Axis wouldn't work because the separate war would still stand. So what we really need is a fix that forces all wars with the participants of an alliance to stop if their alliance leader makes peace for them.
Yea making peace with Bulgaria aswell should work. Untill Haiti joins the axis after dowing communist china that have dowed Yugoslavia because they Dowed Hungary that had dowed Czeckoslovakia, which in turn made Poland dow Hungary, which ofcourse makes the German AI dow Poland, bringing all the other countries into the Axis. While all this happens, the Checkoslovakian AI thinks, ohh christ not us again.

Gormadoc said:
Yea making peace with Bulgaria aswell should work. Untill Haiti joins the axis after dowing communist china that have dowed Yugoslavia because they Dowed Hungary that had dowed Czeckoslovakia, which in turn made Poland dow Hungary, which ofcourse makes the German AI dow Poland, bringing all the other countries into the Axis. While all this happens, the Checkoslovakian AI thinks, ohh christ not us again.
:rofl:

Breaking News
CDCP version 1.0 is rereleased to puplic.
Same download Link
Bug in USA 1944 inc fixed.
Bugs in some flags fixed, kudos Fernando Torres.
Chrashbug in Iraqi Coup event fixed.
Added trigger to Return provinces to Vichy to prevent them from triggering under wrong circumstances.​

Enjoy the War

Install question:

I have the anthology and it installs with Arma. There is no DD with Arma subfile.

So, when I installed this, I expanded the file to desktop, then copy pasted the files from each folder into the same named folder in Arma. Is that what is supposed to be done? Not all the files were replaced by modded files in the target folders. Many were, but not all.

Was I supposed to, instead, just copy and past the folders themselves over the target folders and thereby, replace all the files in each target folder? Or, is it intended for some files in each target folder to remain unchanged?

What Azael said
Pugmak said:
Install question:

So, when I installed this, I expanded the file to desktop, then copy pasted the files from each folder into the same named folder in Arma. Is that what is supposed to be done? Not all the files were replaced by modded files in the target folders. Many were, but not all.
That should work aslong as you put the files at the right spot.

Pugmak said:
Was I supposed to, instead, just copy and past the folders themselves over the target folders and thereby, replace all the files in each target folder? Or, is it intended for some files in each target folder to remain unchanged?
Many files are left unchanged by the CDCP mod, but copy paste all files inside the CDCP 1.0 folder into your armageddon folder and click yes to replace all will also work since only the changed files will be replaced while all others will be left untouched.

Oh cool. thanks.

I had assumed that folder replaced folder. Didnt know it did a merge.

To finish up and do my little part in keeping your work bumped to the top of the forum...

Events are now firing that didn't before. It runs smooth as silk. Feels more like a finished game design than it did before.

Thankyou many muches for the effort that you and your crew have put into this bug fix mod for the rest of us mooches...errmm... I mean, players.

The link in my signature works

Well, as of today, December the 15th, it doesn't. Any clue ?
Or maybe an alternative download location ?
Thanks in advance !

Your mod is a great work! Congratulations of finishing it!
I'd like to modify files of it to make it compatible with THIS mod by changing flotilla names of the DDs and SSs to the single-ship names. Would you permit me to do it and publish it?

Will this effect my checksum and thusly multiplayer?

What about saved games?

I have a rather large install at this point....HOI2/DD/Arma/Patch/GIP/SKIF/BeBros Sprites/Expanded Music File and Id hate to have to start all over.............

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.