• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the hard work chaps.

xtfoster said:
I can at least explain the Max_Strength Caps.
Italy, unlike most of the world at the time, used Binary divisions with only 2 Regiments instead of the normal 3, which gives them 2/3rds of the combat power of a 'Trinary' division.

Also, remember that the 1938 scenario is NOT designed to be historically accurate. It was created as the first "multi-player friendly" campaign and some changes were made (Germany has cores on territory it doesn't have in any other Campaign, etc.)

Finally, a real explanation :)

Not "grossly unready" "ill supplied" or whatever that can't be corrected within a given enough time.

That two regiments over 3 I had no idea. Yes, I also remember "The Gathering Storm" being for MP, right before the treaty of Munich. For a "what if" experience when diplomacy leaned into indirect aggression.

Which would put 1.05 on hold?? :confused:

Two things Ive noticed are the Barbarossa: Invasion of Russia panel is listed twice in the scenario/battle scenario column. Also, in the "liberate nation" choices of Italy and probably anyone, Libya's flag is not waving. :eek:o

One thing I first notice as a HoI 2 reg thing, so a couple years ago, was that ITA in 36, 39 probably etc has a 'firepower' path as it's pathway through land doctrines. In 1938 for some reason, it is 'mobility'. Any reason why for this?

Wenceslaus II said:
Two things Ive noticed are the Barbarossa: Invasion of Russia panel is listed twice in the scenario/battle scenario column. Also, in the "liberate nation" choices of Italy and probably anyone, Libya's flag is not waving. :eek:o

One thing I first notice as a HoI 2 reg thing, so a couple years ago, was that ITA in 36, 39 probably etc has a 'firepower' path as it's pathway through land doctrines. In 1938 for some reason, it is 'mobility'. Any reason why for this?
Nothing i can do about the double Barbarossa scenario, it will require i made an exe installer that removed dublicate files on the computer. Not going to happen.

Campaign variation, the 1938 campaign where setup seperately much later than the rest of the campaigns, It was not intended to be 100% consistent with other campaigns. So its WAD.

Gormadoc said:
Nothing i can do about the double Barbarossa scenario, it will require i made an exe installer that removed dublicate files on the computer. Not going to happen.

If you give me te list of all files (with their paths) that should be deleted I can make a batch file to delete them

MartinBG said:
If you give me te list of all files (with their paths) that should be deleted I can make a batch file to delete them
Ok, will make a list, its not that long, you would probably need to make two one for doomsday folder setup (dl version) one for Armageddon folder setup (Anthology version)
Inner Circle said:
thanks gormadoc for your work!
Well thank you all, for sending in the bugreports.

MartinBG said:
From the scenario folder delete:
fall_barbarossa.eug

That's IT

EDIT: Both the Barbarossa.eug (Finland is Axis) and fall_barbarosa.eug (Finland is not Axis) point to the fallbarbarossa folder, so I don't think anything needs to be removed from that folder.

xtfoster said:
From the scenario folder delete:
fall_barbarossa.eug

That's IT
actually thats is the only duplicate file that really needs to be deleted. However there are some duplicate graphics files that could be deleted aswell and atleast three duplicate folders, there are two "settings" folders in gfx folder, never really bothered to see if they both are needed though.

Gormadoc said:
actually thats is the only duplicate file that really needs to be deleted. However there are some duplicate graphics files that could be deleted aswell and atleast three duplicate folders, there are two "settings" folders in gfx folder, never really bothered to see if they both are needed though.
OK. I thought the question was about that Scenario...didn't realize it was a broader question.

Even that it is, your original statement is correct.

That file is really the only one that needs to be removed.

Rest will mainly free up some HD space.

MOD for increasing ground combat times + CDCP fixes

The main thing that stops me from going back to the Vanilla game + the excellent CDCP fixes is that the ground battles are still way too quick. Is there any MOD out there that simply extends ground battle time that the CDCP changes can be applied to? I know how to increase battle length but I do not wish to re-invent the wheel if it has already been done.

froglegs said:
The main thing that stops me from going back to the Vanilla game + the excellent CDCP fixes is that the ground battles are still way too quick. Is there any MOD out there that simply extends ground battle time that the CDCP changes can be applied to? I know how to increase battle length but I do not wish to re-invent the wheel if it has already been done.
Not to my knowledge.

In any event you should not install CDCP after installing mods. Always install CDCP first, and then install the mods. Then you will be sure you dont mess up the mod.

Has anyone tried 1944 scenario? I have fresh install Arma 1.2 + CDCP 1.0, and this scenario won't load. I get error in USA file (line 2485 - beginning of US Navy), but I can't trace it :(

Ideas?

Keraunos said:
Has anyone tried 1944 scenario? I have fresh install Arma 1.2 + CDCP 1.0, and this scenario won't load. I get error in USA file (line 2485 - beginning of US Navy), but I can't trace it :(

Ideas?
I just tried it and it worked fine, so can't help you.

Keraunos said:

Ideas?
damit.

}
# ######id up to 286
# ########################
# ##US Naval OOB - 1944###
# ########################
# Task Group 58.1#
Add a # in front of the }

now i need to put out a 1.0a thats bad karma :eek:o

Thx :)

Could you also go through soviet 1944 inc file? Some of their "cavalry" units are inf models instead. Since model # is the same (=3), basicly all you have to do is "Find" "Cavalry" and change model appriopriately.

Cheers

EDIT:
Also, in the very same scenario, 1, 2 and 3. Far Eastern Fronts all have their HQ units named as 1st. Corps names are correct, so it's easy to fix.

On a side note, JAP navy is unable to do anything in this scenario due to terrible lack of screens (30 caps : 26 screens). Pity that adding some screens/moving fleets would be a feature :(

Last edited:
Keraunos said:
Thx :)

Could you also go through soviet 1944 inc file? Some of their "cavalry" units are inf models instead. Since model # is the same (=3), basicly all you have to do is "Find" "Cavalry" and change model appriopriately.

Cheers

EDIT:
Also, in the very same scenario, 1, 2 and 3. Far Eastern Fronts all have their HQ units named as 1st. Corps names are correct, so it's easy to fix.

On a side note, JAP navy is unable to do anything in this scenario due to terrible lack of screens (30 caps : 26 screens). Pity that adding some screens/moving fleets would be a feature :(
Soviet cavalry is WAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.