• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusAureliusA

Corporal
45 Badges
Oct 8, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Ok, Sardinia-Piedmont get the decision for "Cavour's Diplomacy" that cedes Savoy and Nice to France. However, all Sardinia gets out of it is a little prestige, loss of infamy, and cores in Lombardy. It seems France gets a much better deal. What is really annoying is that the AI will always choose "Cavour's Diplomacy", though it is rare for Sardinia to get Lombardy in the first place.

I was thinking about how rare it is to see Italy form and thought of a change to "Cavour's Diplomacy". Historically, France and S-P fought Austria for Lombardy (Real-Politik, etc...). France let S-P have Lombardy but the only supported S-P annexing the smaller states in exchange for Savoy and Nice.

So, here is my solution: Sardinia-Piedmont starts with cores in Lombardy, encouraging a war. (I tested this once playing as Prussia. I gave Sardinia cores in Lombardia and when I was at war with Austria they declared war for their cores. Ironically they still did "Cavour's Diplomacy even though they had the cores already.) Then if they own Lombardy, Nice, and Savoy, as well as have good relations with France, they can enact "Cavour's Diplomacy". The decision would now be changed to give France: Savoy and Nice and give Sardinia-Piedmont: Parma, Lucca, Modena, and Tuscany. (The player could choose to not give away Nice and Savoy if they think they can get to Great Power without the decision and sphere all the minors.)

The addition of these two provinces with lots of Northern Italians should give S-P enough to become a Great Power or in close running. S-P could then sphere the Two Sicilies and the Papal States and form Italy.

This isn't ahistoric and would give a much better chance at seeing Italy for the AI.

This isn't ahistoric and would give a much better chance at seeing Italy for the AI.

all in all, pretty good directional idea, but it is indeed ahistoric. and the reason Paradox didn't make up a more 'decisive' decision like you put because people would Scream how ahistoric it is. Although it is quite nice for people who like italies and are more lenient towards historicity(lol did i make up a word?)

definitaly belongs to a mod though, i wouldnt want something as atrocious as this happening in any two sicilies or papal states game.

Perhaps "Cavour's Diplomacy" should activate an event that gives you cores on Lombardy and once you take the cores, you cede Savoy and Nice to France.

The "problem" with the decision is that Nice was only ceded to Nappy in order for Piedmont to annex those central Italian states as the previous Peace Treaty had forbid them. Tuscany and Emilia at least, possibly Modena as well (though I can't recall at the moment). So the decision affects the wrong piece of real estate.

It might be better to give Piedmont conquer Casus against the Italian minors in exchange for Nice and at least SOME infamy.

However, all Sardinia gets out of it is a little prestige, loss of infamy, and cores in Lombardy. It seems France gets a much better deal.

Also if you're S-P or Italy for that matter and you cede these cores back to the Frenchies you get the worry of a Frenchie invasion off your mind(almost), not to mention a chance at an actual alliance with them due to the huge improvement in relations following the firing of the event. If you don't and especially if you're running close to BB limit as Italy or as a GP S-P you're just inviting garlic-eating(lol...no offence meant...I like garlic myself actually)trouble right into your backyard...

Also if you're S-P or Italy for that matter and you cede these cores back to the Frenchies you get the worry of a Frenchie invasion off your mind(almost), not to mention a chance at an actual alliance with them due to the huge improvement in relations following the firing of the event. If you don't and especially if you're running close to BB limit as Italy or as a GP S-P you're just inviting garlic-eating(lol...no offence meant...I like garlic myself actually)trouble right into your backyard...

France has no Cores on those provinces, though it probably gets the Restore Order CB on Nice. I've been playing an Italian game and France has never DoW'd me despite dwarfing my Military Score.

I always felt the decision was there to encourage a likely Secondary Power status Sardinia-Piedmont to go for Lombardy, as it wouldn't otherwise get a CB. I don't quite get while the decision is available as Italy however.

Perhaps another way to implement this would be to have the player decision which does the following:
1) Alliance with France
2) War with Austria with France as allies
3) set a flag for 'Cavour's diplomacy'

Also have a triggered event by the conditions of 1) owning Lombardia; 2) at peace and 3) 'Cavour's diplomacy' flag set.
Once these are met, give SP a choice of handing over Nice and Savoy or go to war with France

This way, the SP will only hand over the land if they get the land they want.

I would like a decision that gives France an event that declares war on Austria with a liberate country casus beli (Lombardia for Sardinia-Piedmont), and then, if France wins the war, Sardinia-Piedmont gets an event that binds him to give Savoy and Nice or get infamy, giving cores to and lower relations with France.

Necromancy is frowned upon in these here parts. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.