Catholics? Catholics??? We don't need no stinking Catholics!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GeneralZaphod

First Lieutenant
20 Badges
Sep 6, 2007
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
The "age old" question of, is a holy war possible without state sponsorship or sufficient armies can now be answered. The answer is clearly yes. Out manned, and out gunned by a stark factor of nearly 100:1, the lone remnants of the Catholic church make their stand against the Beefy church: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2261157347

And finally after 10 years: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2261200219
No enemy counties anywhere, no battles fought, simple the passage of time to win against this enemy.

I started my own religion about 200 years back. The first HW was rough, but I won. They got consistently easier, but never ceased. I have spent about 40% of that time in HW against the Catholics.

I know there has already been a lot of crying about Holy Wars, and rightfully so. I am sure change is coming. I thought this little nugget of fun was worth a quick post as there are literally no Catholics left on my map. I am not even sure where these Lone Ranger types are coming from. Maybe there are like the Dunedain, homeless warriors coming forth to take back their ancestral home. Given that there are no levies, but men-at-arms, I am wondering if this isn't one or holy orders?

The only real problem goes back to what so many others have said, is that these wars are too hard to win regardless if they should have been declared in the first place. I will have to spend years running around the map trying to find these rogues, chase them all over, and finally corner them with tactics to kill them to gather up enough points to end this slaughter or simply wait for 10 years to pass.