• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Prologue!

How's that title for alliteration? and i always thought english class would never teach me anything useful....
Of course it takes a slacker like me to consider an AAR more important than finding a job, or taking full time college classes, but i work at my own pace. Besides, summers here in LA are brutal, and the heat makes me want to stay inside and play games and such, not go out and do stuff. I just posted in my last thread that that attempt died as well, due to some issues with the way i installed MMP 1.5, but everything is good now, and if anything goes wrong this time ill be flying to lisbon to have a little chat with Ubik:p
On a more serious note, here are my goals, the same as the last 2 times but here for reference,

1453-1500

- finish the reconquista and make sure iberia is 100% catholic.

- cripple morocco and take all of her coastal provinces and convert them to catholisism.

- unite aragon and castile to form spain.

- fund Christopher columbus and begin colonizing the carrabean.

- become curia controller.

1501-1600

- finish the colonization of the carrebean and move on to mexico, gaining vast gold from the mexican tribes

- move into south america and do the same with the incas, and try to hem portugal down to a small part of brazil.

- move east along the barabary coast taking coastal provinces from algeirs, tunisia, and tripoli, converting them to catholisism.

- convert conquered indians in americas to catholisism.

- make trustworthy european allies for the big goal of the next century.

1601-1700

- take on the big bleu blob, and win wars each time forcing it to release vassals until france looks like the HRE.

- finish colonization and conversion of south and central america, and move to colonize Los Angeles, then the rest of california, my personal homeland!

- take the coasts of egypt and the levant, converting all provinces (Judea too!) to catholisism.

1701-1800

- take on and cripple england/GB, destroying her navy and forcing the release of vassals until she is no longer a major power.

- take thrace as well as aleppo and convert to catholisism.

- take rome and claim myself defender of the faith if i have not yet done so.

- in these goals over the game i will have completed this one- take all 5 roman centers of chistianity and convert them to catholisism.

- move to conquer india or at least parts of it and convert them.

- do my best to put down colonial revolters in the americas and keep my hegenemocy over the new world.

1800-1820?

the end of the game- tie up all loose ends and as a final reward colonize a small island in the south pacific for my lovely self to stay after becoming the dominate world force. will also be named after me!

- if i have time i will also wipe out protestantism in europe, but only if i feel i have time.

CHAPTER 1- Before you unpause.....

Well lets get started then, shall we? I decided to start in a bit of a more interesting way this time, with.............

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY!

THE GOOD!
We start out with lots of land, a high income, and even a gold province! Such good beginnings can only signal a great future!
EU3_9.jpg

We also have good discipline and when i recruit my king into the army, he gets a point of siege! the 2 shock is barely inspiring, but better than i would expect from having no tradition....
EU3_7.jpg

Also our 3 starting NIs are great for our goals, and when i move my slider towards decentralization- i get Ideal circumstances, giving me 1 stability! im already up to +2, and just need one more to be at the maximum
EU3_6.jpg

Im catholic and proud! with Catholicism i get a bonus to conversion chance, for purging those blasted heathens you can tell i hate so much by my tolerance levels.
EU3_5.jpg

I have plenty of room for more soldiers, and since im not at war i can minimize my army maitenence. i do this not only to save money but as a kind of roleplay as often in times of peace feudal nations hardly had any standing army at all...
EU3_4.jpg

I have a good amount of income, which can go towards tech. starting with stability, then on to government then naval.
EU3_3.jpg

I managed to secure an alliance with portugal, and not only that aragon didnt DOW me on day 1! they still refused my RM offer however though...
EU3_1.jpg

THE BAD

My king, an untalented slob who is barely worthy of the title, but he is also old, and will hopefully die soon! also notice my really talented court- hopefully theyll pick up retardo's slack.
EU3_2.jpg

THE UGLY

THIS
EU3_10.jpg

Heathens on my penensula will not be tolerated, they must die soon!

Fortunantly this sweetens the pot for my holy mission
EU3_8.jpg

Stay tuned for Chapter 2, where we start the game in earnest. be ready, as this party is gonna rock till 1821! oh and be patient if the images are wrong, ita a photobucket bug that will correct itslef in an hour or so...

Last edited:
I hope it will work out this time :rofl:

Replies

Rabid- yea i usually have bad luck when it comes to AARs for any game, because whenever i start them thats when my game wants to start misbehaving. everything should be good now though.

aldriq- if something went wrong this time i would consider myself cursed and possibly try another nation for an AAR. lets cross our fingers that that doesnt happen.

winner- thanks!

Brandenburg- im going to have a good time trying to complete them even. MMP is very harsh but i wouldnt have it any other way, one of the reasons ill never go back to vanilla.

gabor- thanks!

well folks next update will be up in an hour or so- stay tuned!

Chapter 2- And Rumors of war....​

So now we unpause the game and actually start going along, and immediatly i get this
EU3_1.jpg

Wow, thanks, now ill never feel scared again....

as a gesture i ask for a royal marriage from them once more, this time they accept. they have also declared war on Navarra, and are at -3 stab. sucks for them.
EU3_2.jpg

I manage to get 5 merchants in my COT, i will try to do so in Lisboa as well.
EU3_3.jpg

in 1454 the pope dies. i send a missionary to see the outcome, not like it matters since im not the papal controller at the time.
EU3_4.jpg

I hit government tech 8, and choose Viceroys as my first idea. id recommend Viceroys to any Castile player easily unless they arent planning on colonising at all, which would be weird.
EU3_4.jpg

EU3_6.jpg

My stability hits max in early 1455, since government is already at 8, I invest in naval next.
EU3_7.jpg

The new Pope is elected, hes neithere corrupt or pious, in fact we seem to know little about him at all...
EU3_8.jpg

we get the option to help the Barbary pirates for money. i decide to hunt them, but maybe should have taken the cash and the risk since ducats are tight this early on.
EU3_9.jpg

the knights want military access, and i let them have it. i think marching through my nation is the last thing they should be worrying about with the Ottomans at their doorstep.
EU3_10.jpg

My attempts to dominate lisboa are largely unsuccessful, out of 5 merchants sent only one manages to stick.
EU3_11.jpg

I get an option to start a smuggling operation. this is where the 40 ducats from helping those pirates would have come in handy. as of now i dont have the money to support them and have to decline.
EU3_12.jpg

My viceroys idea finally gets rid of innefecient administration, which gives bonuses all across the board.
EU3_13.jpg

I have the option to end algerian support for the barbary pirates but decline, i neither have the money, nor am willing to trust heathens to keep a deal.
EU3_14.jpg

With my army ready and Granada unvassalized, im about ready to DOW them when i get this crap-
EU3_15.jpg

The rebels are slaughtered, but put back my invasion several months.
EU3_16.jpg

Finally in December of 1455 the time has come....
EU3_17.jpg

and here is the war panel for the Castilian-Granadan war.
EU3_18.jpg

Stay tuned for the next update, with the prosecution of the war!

The key is not to forget to blockade the seas. I once did and the Moroccans landed a pretty big army in Granada which kinda ruined my plans - especially when Aragon backstabbed me few days later :D Gods I HATE Magna Mundi ;)

Replies​

aldriq- algiers fleet is almost entirely galleys, and will likely be crushed by my carracks.

winner- wow you seem to have the worst luck:p ive never had morocco invade iberia before, however they have tried to sneak some divisions onto the canaries before.... asd for aragon, events will have them on my side sooner than you think.

stay tuned for chapter 3, coming up in just a half hour or so!

Chapter 3- A widening war

The first battles of the war go better than expected, i quickly siege all of granada's provinces, and it takes only 2 battles to completely wipe out their army.
EU3_1.jpg

EU3_2.jpg

unfortunatly my quick success catches Morocco's attention, and they DoW me. its them and the rest of the barbary coast vs. me, Portugal, and Aragon, who for some reason joined in despite not being in my alliance. perhaps they warned them or something....
EU3_3.jpg

I also quickly manage to wipe out several of my enemies navies, as well as the last of the granadan armies being built.
EU3_4.jpg

EU3_6.jpg

EU3_5.jpg

being at war with the entire barbary coast tends to get their pirates angry at you, they attack 3 provinces within 2 months time. The one not shown is andalusia, which i forgot to get a picture of.
EU3_7.jpg

EU3_9.jpg

Algeirs also bans me from their COT, like i even care.
EU3_8.jpg

Morocco takes Ceuta and i let them have it in a peace deal. this is part of my plan since i dont want the portugese spoiling my future plans on a spanish north africa. they werent even bothering to convert it anyway, so they lose out.
EU3_10.jpg

EU3_11.jpg

I take the capital of Granada, after a well timed assault.
EU3_12.jpg

Drat. Being catholic isnt all good i guess.
EU3_13.jpg

I crush granadas navy, and soon after take almeria as well, through another successful assault.
EU3_14.jpg

EU3_15.jpg

with the majority of their nation occupied and their military destroyed, granada is forced into a humiliating peace agreement.
EU3_16.jpg

EU3_17.jpg

Immediatly thereafter i begin converting the provinces i took.
EU3_18.jpg

EU3_19.jpg

My old king finally dies, and i get a new one. hes not nessecarily charming or commanding, but he is a good administrator. also i get the elder statesman event, which gives me a free diplomat and prestige.
EU3_20.jpg

He also likes to build things, thats nice if i ever get something to build.
EU3_21.jpg

we allow the jews to stick around in both of our new provinces.
EU3_22.jpg

EU3_25.jpg

meanwhile, im still at war with algiers and they wont give in, even after i smush the remnants of their navy.
EU3_23.jpg

My new king is successfully coronated, with no issues from the nobility.
EU3_24.jpg

and finally the portugese get some guts and invade algeirs, making them cry to me for a white peace. I accept and the bloodshed is over.
EU3_26.jpg

A largely successful war, there is still much to be done. i need to finally eradicate granada, and convert the last of the muslims in iberia to chrisitianity. and the Moroccans may think they have pushed the Christians from north africa for good, but soon we will show them otherwise. and what about Aragon? all they keep doing is putting down endless revolts at -3 stability, and unsuccessfruly trying to kill navarra. surely we could put their lands to better use? we will find out soon, once we hit chapter 4!

Continue your crusade and christianize morroco.. soon. :p

btw, i presume all those events (Death of the pope, jewish activities, and such) are from the mod?