• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
coz1 said:
In regards to your feedback, you may have more pages, but I am thinking Suv had a bit more story in his 13 pages. ;) Of course, the problem with that AAR was that he never actually got the game off the ground so a nearly impeccable forward is flawed by the lack of actual story to follow. :( Oh well.

But as for your own story, given time, you will surely move past the above. And in the scene you've just given us, I am smiling as I see the picture of the boats coming to the fort. A nice descriptive job that did not go overboard (woops, pun was not intended), but provided just enough to set the scene and then you hammer us with the one-two punch of Harrison and Jackson. :D Excellent, as Mr. Burns might say.
Thank you, Coz! And I certainly don't doubt Suvarov's story is probably longer, without so much chatter (over the years!) as this one. :D

Mettermrck said:
Knowing Wilkinson does speak for itself...not exactly a privilege. :) Good stuff, sir!
Thank you, Mett! Yes, Wilkinson's spotted character was well known. Burr's too. An interesting pair!

I'll try to get the next scene done soon. I've written part of it, and know basically where it needs to go. Wish me some time to add to my schedule! :D

Rensslaer

Nicely moving along, we've moved out of the Ohio Territory and into the Tennesse. And along with that comes good ol' Andy Jackson. It shall be interesting to see how you handle Jackson, Renss.

As for having more time for your schedule... if you find away of doing that, let me know 'cause Lord konws I need the same!

Draco Rexus said:
Nicely moving along, we've moved out of the Ohio Territory and into the Tennesse. And along with that comes good ol' Andy Jackson. It shall be interesting to see how you handle Jackson, Renss.

As for having more time for your schedule... if you find away of doing that, let me know 'cause Lord konws I need the same!
Happy to see you around, Draco!

Yes, Jackson should be an interesting character to meet. Like my portrayal of Kaiser Wilhelm II, my portrayal may surprise even me! ;) He's a fascinating guy, to be sure!

Rensslaer

excellent. for a second there I thought hamilton's army was swallowed up by the wilderness and we wouldn't hear from them again:D.

theycallmetight said:
excellent. for a second there I thought hamilton's army was swallowed up by the wilderness and we wouldn't hear from them again:D.
Unfortunately, Hamilton's Army was going too fast for me. I missed a key plot arrangement, and got a couple scenes out of the order I intended! :rolleyes: Serves me right for trying to push an update out before I could find my notes.

But the order is not THAT important... Those two other scenes will be forthcoming relatively soon!

Some people will be WISHING Hamilton's Army had been swallowed up!

Thanks for reading, guys!

Rensslaer

No, thank you for once more providing an entertaining and interesting tale to read, my friend!

In the West, support from two prominent military commanders like Harrison and Jackson would be invaluable. If they (for some reason) decided to side with Burr and/or Wilkinson the Hamilton expedition would be lost.

It is really hard to imagine WIlkinson committing himself wholeheartedly to one side or the other. Watch out for him to offer support to both sides and double-deal them both.

Draco Rexus said:
No, thank you for once more providing an entertaining and interesting tale to read, my friend!
You are certainly welcome, Sir! I enjoy it as much as you, as surely you know.

Director said:
In the West, support from two prominent military commanders like Harrison and Jackson would be invaluable. If they (for some reason) decided to side with Burr and/or Wilkinson the Hamilton expedition would be lost.

It is really hard to imagine WIlkinson committing himself wholeheartedly to one side or the other. Watch out for him to offer support to both sides and double-deal them both.
As always, Porter, you are very insightful. Actually, if I hadn't gotten my scenes out of order, you'd know by now just how true this is. The play with Jackson and Harrison should be interesting, to say the least, though Harrison has his hands full elsewhere.

Thanks, guys! No promises on scenes just yet -- I'm pretty busy this week. Hopefully soon!

Rensslaer

Good to see you put up a couple of posts while I have been away.

stnylan said:
Good to see you put up a couple of posts while I have been away.
Great to see you back in sorts, Dear Sir!

Sorry I don't have anything really new for you. Soon, I'm still hoping! But at least there was some stuff you'd not seen before.

Rensslaer

Well, with only three updates since the last time I graced these pages, it certainly made it easy to catch up. Excellant writing. I had a tremoudous amount of sympathy for Greenfeld's plight, but certainly understood Alexanders argument, and I do feel that the 200 men and the cannon he left behind was magnanimous indeed.

Now that William Henry Harrison and Andrew Jackson are in, this has become quite the star studded epic.

grayghost said:
Now that William Henry Harrison and Andrew Jackson are in, this has become quite the star studded epic.
I just love historical characters! First, I get to research them, then I get to write to that personality, kind of like a writer's challenge (like GTA). Fun stuff!

Rensslaer

Rensslaer: I just love historical characters! First, I get to research them, then I get to write to that personality...

not to mention that we readers get an advanced History class ! ! :D

GhostWriter said:
Rensslaer: I just love historical characters! First, I get to research them, then I get to write to that personality...

not to mention that we readers get an advanced History class ! ! :D
Thank you! Glad to be of service!

I have, in fact, taught some history classes, here and there. I wouldn't mind doing it regularly if I had the certificates to do so.

I'll try to get an update here one of these days, but I have other writing projects right now. We'll see!

Rensslaer

Rensslaer: ...I'll try to get an update here one of these days, but I have other writing projects right now. We'll see!

and we will wait, hopefully patiently ! ! :cool:

FlorisDeVijfde said:
Nice writing project you have going on here Rensslaer. Can't belive I missed this.

Sure is fun to play with your home country/province once in a while, not?
Thank you, Floris! It's been going, sporadically, for a long time. I'll get to another update here, one of these days. It's mostly written, but not ready for posting yet. And no time to finish it quite yet.

Since I'm only in 1807, and the game doesn't start until 1836, I may have a while to go before I get to play Colorado!

Rensslaer

Rensslaer: ...Since I'm only in 1807, and the game doesn't start until 1836, I may have a while to go before I get to play Colorado!

so, when will it be time to get cracking on those updates so you can play Colorado ? ? :D and, we can read all about it ! !

That reminds of one of CSL_GG's AARs that had chapters and chapters of prologue and then got abandoned before it ever made it to the actual game! Don't even think about doing that. I don't care if you have to leave it on "hold" for the next five years. ;)

VILenin said:
That reminds of one of CSL_GG's AARs that had chapters and chapters of prologue and then got abandoned before it ever made it to the actual game! Don't even think about doing that. I don't care if you have to leave it on "hold" for the next five years. ;)
Oh, yes... and I remember one of his (Clash of Titans) which was one of my absolute favorites! :D

No, I do have plans for this. Just not a lot of time. And I'm also in flux about how to handle its renewal.

Rest assured, you'll see more one way or another.

Thank you for your continued interest!

Rensslaer