• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very, very well done, and an admirable tale of persistence in the face of challenging circumstances. Seeing your end of game stats I am even more surprised you could get anywhere at all. Your poor infantrymen didn't even have muskets! So clearly the fact that you not only survived but succeeded is a testament to your great playing skill! :)

What were your final trade and infra techs?

Your selection of pictures really brought a great touch to the whole story. I liked them all, but the ones that stand out the most in my memory are the various photos of the "lush" landscape in various desert provinces.

Lofman, Sapphire, Namron, jwolf, klink, thanks! I must say, though, I don't think what I achieved was all that difficult. I made a few bad decisions in the first 100 years or so (though a lot fewer than I could have), but capturing Alexandria in 1569 was definitely the turning point of the game, and seemed at the time something of a lucky fluke. After that I had the means to actually do something interesting, and I just took things a step at a time. I myself am amazed that my inflation was not more of a handicap, but I hope I have proved that crippling inflation isn't necessarily grounds for giving up completely! ;)

I read reviews of EUII before I bought it that suggested that only a few countries were really worth playing. I'm becoming more and more convinced by reading other people's AARs, and now having played this game, that just about any nation can give you an enjoyable game. I throw out the challenge to someone with a bit more experience than me to play Tunisia and really do something impressive - like break into Europe for example! I've no doubt it's possible.

By the way, jwolf, my Trade tech ended at 2, as did my Infra - nothing to be proud of there, in other words! :eek:

As for what I'm planning next, I still haven't decided for sure. In any case I won't start posting for a week or so, because I'm in the midst of changing ISP, and our old ISP is where I was hosting my piccies. However, I'm now totally hooked on writing AARs so I'll be back soon... :)

Bravo! Bravo!

But the Carthaginian Empire didn't look anything like that! You needed to conquer Corsica, Sardinia, Morocco, Algeria and Spain darnit! You failed :( :D

CARTHEMP.GIF

That's ok though, the Carthaginians would have preferred Egypt anyway ;)

To play Bulgaria you must load up the Ottoman Empire in the 1492 scenario and release the Bulgars as a vassal and then save/load as Bulgaria...but you will be a Sunni Bulgaria unless you cheat and alter your state religion in your save file. But you will be Bulgaria and that is at least something :cool:

Wow, thanks for posting that map - I never thought of doing that, but I think that shows pretty conclusively that the Hafsid Carthaginian Empire was way superior to the Punic Carthaginian Empire! :cool:

Good AAR

I must say Fantastic game. I'm planning to write an AAR about the Papal States, which is a quite small country at the beginning of the game. Got a lot of ideas from this Tunisian campaign of yours. Keep up the good work! :)

Well this is the second of your wonderful AARs that I've now read. I did the Scotland first, and I'm not sure which one was better.

I'm also not sure what was better in this one. The writing or your in-game accomplishments. Thanks for a great read, even if you never see this post!