• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is what i like 'bout paradox... it does know that it can't compete with the majors and doesn't want to... majors look after big chunks of market with mainstream and easy-to-play games and paradox says "well, there are still a lot of costumer who want something different that NO ONE is selling... it may not give us a big load of money but will give us a chunk of the market that will be ours and ours alone with no competitors at all since the big dogs are fighting for that uge bone... we'll just take the save and easy reasonable-sized one that no one care 'bout...

now, if u would only stop releasing games the way u released hoi3, rome or victoria 2 ur marketing strategy would be just perfect :p

I am giddy with anticipation! Or that may be the cranial augmentation.

You mean stable and relatively bug-free?

You sure you played any of them on release? Or maybe you're suggesting all the countless patches from Paradox are placebo. ;-)

You sure you played any of them on release? Or maybe you're suggesting all the countless patches from Paradox are placebo. ;-)

Victoria 2 was a massive improvement over Victoria in terms of bugs and stability, and it would be nearly impossible for CK 2 to be worse than CK in those regards - as I understand it, you litteraly couldn't save due to a crash bug in release day CK. Paradox has been massively improving in terms of bugs and stability in their Clauswitz era games. Most of the complaints (although not all, to be fair) are about balance or features. I wouldn't complain if that transferred to this.

As long as I can jam my entire team of cyborg commandoes into a van and have them tear around a city turning hundreds of people into red man-jam using pump-action Sniper Rifles (ala Syndicate Wars) I shall be a happy man.

Oh, and Cataclysm. Cataclysm was fun. Subtlety is for those with no confidence.

That's really awesome. Maybe Paradox's new business strategy would be to make and publish spiritual successors to all the awesome games of the past that have then died the slow death of having their rights aquired by big business douchebags. I think there's a lot of gamers who'd be very loyal to PI for that.

Last edited:
That's really awesome. Maybe Pardox's new business strategy would be to make and publish spiritual successors to all the awesome games of the past that have then died the slow death of having their rights aquired by big business douchebags. I think there's a lot of gamers who'll be very loyal to PI for that.
OMG OMG Ascendancy?!! That would be amazing!

i second it if they will make a sequel to each bullfrog game... we want dk2 and th2 paradox... give them to us!!!!!

also a real xcom game would be nice :p

Is Xenonauts any good?

Can't preorder now because it seems like PayPal did to them what they have done to Wikileaks, Minecraft, or me in the past... Blocked. ;-\

And still no word from devs who are making Cartel? Who they are, what they have done in the past, what kind of a game they want to create? More strategy or more FPS? A chain of scripted missions or something more whole-planet and open-ended? How old they were when Syndicate was being first released (I was 8...)?

Here's the unfounded, unconfirmed and probably completely incorrect rumor of the day. I noticed that Kerberos devs in an interview a few months ago stated they would love to make an X-Com game:

http://beefjack.com/news/sots2-dev-would-love-to-make-an-x-com-strategy-game/

“So if 2K doesn’t want to make an X-COM or X-COM-style strat game, that’s cool. Someone else can. I know we’d love to.”

So maybe we weren't given the name of the studio making Cartel because Kerberos are still busy releasing/patching SotS2. But once that's done, they'll move on to Cartel, which is the same genre as X-Coms after all?

If Kerberos fixes Sword of the Stars II some time very soon, then I would like to see their take on Cartel/NotSyndicate. It would be nice for them to continue to work with Paradox. If they can not fix their new game, then they might be too toxic to consider for another strategy title.

I might check out Fort Zombie because it seems like the gameplay might be similar.