• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will there be flamethrowers? There better be flamethrowers and missile launchers!

Syndicate was one of my favourite games in my childhood and there was lots of fun to be had blowing up stuff :p

I'm excited about this game. And thank you Paradox :)

Tomorrow morning!

/s

God I hope this game is half as good as it already is in my head...do wish P was doing it in-house though.

As with all Paradox games, I have my eyes on it.

Never played the originals as I wasn't into gaming at the time but it does seem like something that would definitely interest me if done right.

weyland-yutani meets brown cybernetics meets sovoil meets arasaka meets recall.. :D
There can be only one.

I suppose the game would have to be focused around commodities that the corporation can build up. Like security 1, 2 & 3-regional hq for nyc or oil 1-2-3-regional hq for basra. (or security for same place)

Each of those commodities can be developed as if they were colonies, invest some and profits will rise. But equally much they have to be protected, like against those pesky competitors or evil nationalists that have had enough. Like cybertroops, internet control/viruses vs attackers, bribed gangs. And on the softer side free drugs, holo-tv and foods that make you grossly fat and too lazy to object or just too dumb to realise something is wrong in the world.

Take over most commodities of a certain type and you have a monopoly, thus increased profits at the expense of everyone else. Take over all commodities in a single province, and profits also increase as you are practically speaking god around there and the people either obeys or cries and obeys. Corporate alliances can get the same benefits, but at a smaller scale. But are also somewhat shaky. One can maybe be maintained virtually forever... but good luck having two. And only if not directly competing.

Taking over whole countries?
Id presume somewhere after becoming god in a third of the provinces and significant elsewhere... the country itself belongs to the corporation and can be ordered to do ANYTHING. Most corporations will quickly be able to fully own a few lesser places like philippines, egypt or venezuela. Grabbing russia or brazil is a major coup, and endless warfare will take place over whom gets to claim america or the eu or china as their slaves. And should one manage, the game should be soon over thru the power of doomstacks that will become affordable.

Last edited: