• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the Kingdom of Asturias in this mod,,, and rename the Byzantine Empire to East Roman Empire pls

Then so it shall be:
carolingian-2.jpg

Doing some research on Asturias now...

Edit: Creating the family line for the kings of asturias now. Then ill create the asturias kingdom. After that, I might create a muslim kingdom for some balance.

Last edited:
I can help with the various petty kingdoms in Britain if you would like, particularly the different Saxon groups. What do you need?

Btw, England (or Ænglaland if you'd rather) should be a formable kingdom requiring 2/3 of the English lands.

How do you define independent entities like Brittany in the game? I notice you've obviously managed to modify borders, how do you say make burgundy independent like Brittany? I've delved but struggled!

Fantastic work though, will be watching this with very keen interest.

How do you define independent entities like Brittany in the game? I notice you've obviously managed to modify borders, how do you say make burgundy independent like Brittany? I've delved but struggled!

Fantastic work though, will be watching this with very keen interest.

Look in: History->Titles. Then spend a lot of time figuring out which counties belong to which duchies. Modify the files so they wont have a liege/different liege, no holder etc..

Update:

Here is the Asturias kingdom that someone wanted to see.
carolingian-4.jpg

Just finished the Umayyad Dynasty tree going back 200 years. :cool:
carolingian-3.jpg

I also did the Barcelona family.
Now time to give the Umayyad's some land! :p

Last edited:
Added 1 new buildings.
Jihad Cult for muslims.
Note: If you're liege is not muslim you will lose the jihad cult.
Jihad Cult gives:
light_infantry = 600
horse_archers = 100
heavy_infantry = 30
archers = 100

Is this a little to powerful?

carolingian-6.jpg

Edit: Working on the titular titles of Mercia, Northumbria and Wessex. Also working on the family line of the kings of Mercia/Northumbria.

Last edited:
Looks like a great mod so far i would suggest that if you want to rename the Byzantines something much more accurate would just be "Roman Empire" instead of Eastern Roman Empire as that is what they essentialy called themselves; Or if you want to go full realism Basileia Ton Romaion would be most accurate. Reference.

Personally I do prefer Eastern Roman Empire. It strikes a nice balance between "yes, they aren't strictly speaking the Byzantine Empire" and "Yes, they aren't strictly speaking the Roman Empire in the sense most people think of either."

Update:

Added family tree to Brittany, so its now playable. Almost finished creating Al-Andalus.

Pictures soon to come!

Also:
Gave Brittany claims on 2 french duchy's.
Gave Wessex a claim on Mercia and vice versa.
Gave Northumbria a claim on a scottish duchy and a Mercian Duchy.

looking very promising, however one thing: what's with the norwegian provinces in England? :p

During this time period the vikings controlled the area around york. Technically the kingdom of norway wasn't formed yet... I might remove norway as a kingdom to give the player something to try and achieve.

After the death of his two Brothers Ludwig II plots with his nephew, Lothair I's son Louis II of Italy, to depose Louis II of France of his kingdom. After the Disastrous defeats of the French Army at Vermandois and Amiens Ludwig and Louis Armies march unopposed on Paris.

carolingian-9.jpg

I didn't get a screenshot, but in England Wessex rose up and defeated Mercia enabling them to create the Kingdom of England. About 10 years passed with Wessex dominating England until Finally the king dies. When this happens the Duke of Gloucester somehow usurps the title of King of England and gets the entire Wessex and Mercian family to back him. The new King of Wessex is betrayed by literally, his entire family! So now he is left with only the Duchy of Kent, Duchy of Bedford, County of Oxford and Winchester.

So. Awesome.

I went to look at the Realm Tree and the game crashed on me.. So no pictures, although if you look in the top left corner of the picture above you can see the war raging on.

Edit: I also cut the troop amount given from the Jihad Cult building to half.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.