• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to be able to recreate the frankish kingdom/empire as west, middle and east francia upon condition that one side owns all titles linked to the territory of Francia by the death of Charlemagne(or smth like that).
Not only for this mod. Even at the official start date of ck2 there were still ambitions(more a kind of dreams) left to recreate the empire.

I would be willing to mod Great Moravia and Bohemia after I get accustomed to the CK2 modding patterns.

this is awesome! one thing is that though i'm not comfortable with the name "italy". i can't see italy owning lands in the lowlands. maybe leaving the name as "the middle kingdom" or even anachronistically "burgundy" is better. can't wait for the 14th and this mod to come!:)

this is awesome! one thing is that though i'm not comfortable with the name "italy". i can't see italy owning lands in the lowlands. maybe leaving the name as "the middle kingdom" or even anachronistically "burgundy" is better. can't wait for the 14th and this mod to come!:)

Lotharingia is strictly better name. I for myself suggest making it an Empire as Lothair I was the emperor of Romans. Then it could fell apart to kingdoms.

Wouldnt mind Empire of Lotharingia either with East and West Francia being the other ones. Lotharingia should have the King of Italy and Duke/King of Burgundy as its lower titlles mirroring the later division. just Dont know a name for the more northern part (today Belgium , netherlands ) though and its sub division.

Wouldnt mind Empire of Lotharingia either with East and West Francia being the other ones. Lotharingia should have the King of Italy and Duke/King of Burgundy as its lower titlles mirroring the later division. just Dont know a name for the more northern part (today Belgium , netherlands ) though and its sub division.

Well, there is the Duchy of Lower Lorraine, Duchy of Upper Lorraine (these two should be part of an anachronistic de jure Kingdom of Lorraine) Kingdom/Duchy of Friesland,

See: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Central_Europe_919-1125.jpg

This is a time period that i really hoped someone would make a mod for. Ill be watching this

This was my first thinking as I heard about the modding of the start datum :D

What's about events? How do you manage the tech (with the big ahead-malus)? And: Do you really have appropiate dynasties in all counties/baronies/cities? (cant image, this is so much work)

A little about Great Moravia and surroundings.

There is the united Great Moravia (a kingdom though not re-creatable. Once it will be destroyed, it cannot be reformed) consisting of the Duchy of Moravia and of Nitra. I am not sure whether it should be a vassal of East Francia or not.

South of Nitra there is the Duchy of Balaton ruled by Pribina having a claim on Nitra. He is a vassal of East Francia.

Bohemia is a bit of a problem...in 844 it was still more of a pagan tribal confederation than anything else, thus unplayable. But only few years into the game and Bořivoj Přemyslid turns Christian, becoming the first documented baptized Duke of Bohemia and a vassal to Great Moravia.

Ahh right should have known that , brain not working today, so Lotharingia as Empire with Kingdom of Italy , Kongdom of Burgundy with Duchy of Upper and Lower Lorraine it is?

We need two de jure Kingdoms for Friesland and Lorraines. Every Duchy needs a de jure Kingdom above it. Friesland could be part of a de jure Germany, but even though the Kingdom of Magna Frisia was destroyed one hundred years ago, IMHO it could be recreatable. And we also need the Kingdom for both Lorraines. Maybe an anachronistic Kingdom of Lorraine, then?

Lotharingia should be a titular empire. Then we need a way to pass the Imperial title to East Franks.

Btw, we two reaching consensus is not probably enough as this mod is neither mine nor yours :D...so asking me to confirm is kinda funny :D.

Well, I discovered
Code:
random_demesne_province = {
			limit = { has_province_flag = land_wanted_by_teutonic_order }
			county = {
				grant_title = FROM
				FROM = {
					gain_settlements_under_title = {
						title = PREV
						enemy = ROOT
					}
				}
			}
		}

in a Teutonic Order event. Maybe this could be a way to grant a titular title of the Roman Emperor by the Pope before the establishment of the true HRE? Gosh, I hate these modding starts (I am not saying that I mod V2 anymore, but still...I consider myself a fairly good V2 modder and learning all this CK2 stuff :p).

This was my first thinking as I heard about the modding of the start datum :D

What's about events? How do you manage the tech (with the big ahead-malus)? And: Do you really have appropiate dynasties in all counties/baronies/cities? (cant image, this is so much work)

Currently no events or tech. My main work right now is just getting the map to look pretty. :) As for appropriate dynasties in all the counties/baronies/cities, no. If you can find a source that would have such a massive list, ill see what i can do

If you guys really want to help, help me create the dynasties for the countries I currently have not added. Giving me birth dates, first names, dynasty names, their home county/duchy/kingdom etc... along with what titles they held. Doing this would be extremely helpful. Doing this will really help. Currently I have almost ZERO people to play that are at the duchy level, nearly evevery baron/duke is a random.

Ok, I have two choices. I can change the name displayed in the localisation file to display West Francia, Middle... etc.... OR I can completely add them as new kingdoms. Adding them as new kingdoms would allow you to start as West France and still create the kingdom of france if you so desired. Which would you guys prefer?

While you desire im going to work on create the kingdom of Wessex. I already have the duchies set up. ;)

Oh also, I decided on the start date of 844. One year after the treaty of verdun. So that is my my map looks the way it does. I also gave each brother a claim to the other brothers titles. ;)

To Do:

Add kingdom of Wessex.
Add kingdom of Moravia.
Add kingdom of Friesland.
Add kingdom of Lorraines.
Add empire of lotharingia

Last edited:
Currently no events or tech. My main work right now is just getting the map to look pretty. :) As for appropriate dynasties in all the counties/baronies/cities, no. If you can find a source that would have such a massive list, ill see what i can do

If you guys really want to help, help me create the dynasties for the countries I currently have not added. Giving me birth dates, first names, dynasty names, their home county/duchy/kingdom etc... along with what titles they held. Doing this would be extremely helpful. Doing this will really help. Currently I have almost ZERO people to play that are at the duchy level, nearly evevery baron/duke is a random.

Ok, I have two choices. I can change the name displayed in the localisation file to display West Francia, Middle... etc.... OR I can completely add them as new kingdoms. Adding them as new kingdoms would allow you to start as West France and still create the kingdom of france if you so desired. Which would you guys prefer?

While you desire im going to work on create the kingdom of Wessex. I already have the duchies set up. ;)

Oh also, I decided on the start date of 844. One year after the treaty of verdun. So that is my my map looks the way it does. I also gave each brother a claim to the other brothers titles. ;)

To Do:

Add kingdom of Wessex.
Add kingdom of Moravia.
Add kingdom of Friesland.
Add kingdom of Lorraines.
Add empire of lotharingia

At first: West Francia equals France. East Francia unfortunately have to equal Germany, because otherwise the East Frankish title would have to be titular.

At second:
Bohemia (still Pagan - I sense problems in this...it will have to be balanced in some way) - all these guys are legendary so...

Hostivít I Přemyslid (Duke of Bohemia, Count of Prague, of Plzen, of Domazlice, vassal of Mojmír I Moimirid) - he is legendary, so no data is known, I am actually making this by myself. He is son of Neklan I Přemyslid (same titles) and grandson of Křesomysl I Přemyslid (same titles). No children. Random wife.

Diepolt Přemyslid (Count of Hradec, brother and vassal of Hostivít) - random wife, no children.

Slavibor of Žatec (Count of Litomerice, vassal of Hostivít)

I wish the Kingdom of Asturias in this mod,,, and rename the Byzantine Empire to East Roman Empire pls

Status
Not open for further replies.