• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

de Clare

Corporal
41 Badges
Dec 4, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
Since CK2+ has a more historical Carolingian Empire, I wanted to do that playthrough and see it rise and fall apart and then maybe have a branch dynasty survive as one of the sub-kingdoms. The biggest problem, however, is I don't know how to form it.

I'm able to form the Kingdoms of France, Lothrangia, Burgundy, Aquitaine, Bavaria and take Saxony and Italy. I can get Charlemagne to get a good relation with the Pope. But, I can't seem to get a similar event to the HRE and the only Empire I'm able to make is the Frankish EMpire.

Is that in the folders of the game? In the "decisions" found in the "intrigue" tab I've yet to see it. I can just use counsel commands and form it that way, I've found, but I'm using the latest BETA and I'm not sure if that's the cause?

The cadet dynasty decision also has a tendency to vanish after a few years. Fortunately, I work around that with a seperate mod

It's a base game file, but you'll have to search in the mod's files, of course. If you're using another mod that also modifies the file, that could explain why it's not there.

So I checked. Both HRE and Carolingian are in the text. Do you know what might be blocking them. I'm currently running improved genetics, nicknames+++, Real Father + Visible Health and Fertility, Regent Assume Power, and Reveal Cuckold Children.

There are maybe a dozen other mods I'm not using but are in the folder. I've been experimenting by giving Otto I Italy, but still getting no realm decision to even give the option to form the HRE

So, I tried deleting any storytelling or major change mod, other than the GoT ones. Still, the decision to form the HRE will not pop up for Otto I. Am I better off uninstalling everything, reinstalling and downloading CK2+ first?

The HRE is not at all the same empire as the Carolingian Empire. The Carolingian Empire is only available for Karlings. The 3.2 Iron Century update compatibility patch was fairly quickly thrown together after we had already begun rewriting the entire mod, so things may not all be working as they do in vanilla.

The mods you're using probably don't affect these decisions, but it's always best to be sure. Try disabling all other mods (deleting isn't necessary).

I understand that HRE and Carolingian Empires aren't the same. This has just been affecting both. I disables all other mods and still the realm decisions don't pop up to create either empire.

I tested both decisions yesterday and both worked for me. Are you using the latest 4.08 beta on version 3.3.0 of CK2? The latest update for old Plus was released just yesterday.

I'm using the Beta version 408 found on page 12 (#232) of the thread titled CK2+ Download Thread. Where would I find the newest version, as I notice that that thread has been locked and not posted in since October?