• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Yogi said:
I had already read it in Spanish, but I'll comment it here - great story! But... will you not incur the wrath of Lord Durham for apropiating the Free Company?! :eek:

BTW, your story does not explain how Byzantium came to reposess the Smyrna area in Asia minor... the very place where the mercenary army went bonkers and killed everything in sight!? Come on, tell us everything!

I think I saw something about 'the free company' around, but never got to check inside... I thought the name sounded fancy for a british origined mercenary company. Anyway the true inspiration for the mercenary group is rather the 'catalan company', which used similar tactics to the ones I depicted. Gilbert Talbot is also losely based in Roger von Blum. I guess I could have called it 'the british company', or 'the english company', but somehow did not have the right tone. So the free part came to my mind and I just applied it.

Oh well... I don't have to tell *everything* :D. I like to tell offshot stories for the campaigns... but as far as the main little story ends for each map, I focus back into my Trencavel. ;)

Sorry for the lack of updates. The free time I devote to strategic computer gaming has been swallowed as a whole currently by Sid Meier's Civilization IV...

Still, I will make an effort to play this weekend the remaining years of my current king (Matias, son of Peire) so I will be able to update during the following week.

Lucius Sulla said:
Sorry for the lack of updates. The free time I devote to strategic computer gaming has been swallowed as a whole currently by Sid Meier's Civilization IV...

Still, I will make an effort to play this weekend the remaining years of my current king (Matias, son of Peire) so I will be able to update during the following week.

jolly good. :)

Ayeshteni

Lucius Sulla said:

Sorry, you are that Sulla?! I have a blast at reading your succession game with Sirian. Great! And before I read the walkthrough. Or are you not? :wacko:

But not to stray away completely: I'm also following this AAR since it's beginning. I feel respect for all the dedication and work! :)

This AAR is mighty impressive. You've done a fantastic work with your graphics, Lucius Sulla, it's very inspiring! I do hope you find the time to continue it.