• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
robou: ...The Russians quickly sought out a peace.

wise choice ! ! :)

robou:
...and also to shorten the Eastern Front, should it flare up, again, into war.

most excellent ! ! :D

splendid update ! !
:cool:

Upppppppddddate!

:eek: Russia beaten that quickly. You now only have to worry about France and GB. No one else can stop you.

PS: I think that was the worlds first taste of Blitzkrieg and that without tanks, well done.

To All: I have a big decision to make. That is, whether to continue this AAR. Of course, I won't just drop dead, you'll get a nice long ending update concluding on what has been done. However, to give you an idea of what is going round my head; it has been almost a year now, since I started this, and in that time we have covered a total of 15 years in gameplay at the expense of over 40 pages. I have another 85 years of gameplay left, and god knows how much detail I am missing out to make these updates digestable. And also, I just don't think this is going to be much fun anymore. I mean, when you can beat Russia and Austria at the same time with half of your reserves unused, and call France to a standstill while fighting on two fronts with only 3/4s of the regular army, you are practically unbeatable. If I was to get my industry in shape, which I have been neglecting a lot, and start building a navy and expanding my army, which I could easily afford, Britain wouldn't stand a chance. Even now, my army in the Americas added with the Mexican army is bigger than the US army. This might as well become a world conquest, which I do not have the stamina to achieve, as my Carefully Applied Force tactic, added with a little German aggressive flare every now and again, work too well. The Franco-British war has brought both nations to their knees and neither would be a challange. Russia is unable to renew itself and Austria doesn't even exist. I think we are at the end of the road, but I think you can all understand why. How long and how much effort would it take to complete this to 1936, and I just don't see that as being worth it for the enjoyment I would recieve from playing and writing it, and you from reading it. It will just be another 'horray... another Prussian victory...' and even if things go bad, and I could make them go bad, I could still come out fighting with one hand behind my back.

I hope you all understand. I will register your opinion and act in all our best intrests.

I would like to see it continue, if possible, but I understand if you want to stop.

I can see what you mean. Gosh only 15 years?? :eek: :p

All there is to say is that you've done a tremendous job, and if you want to end it that's ok. You have other interesting projects running :)

This AAR is the AAR that has gotten me interested in Vicky

I have yet to buy Vicky, but it has made me eagerly await a newer 19th century Paradox game. They will have to return to this genre eventually.

This is an excellent AAR, and it would sadden me to see it end after only 15 years, but i understand that this could easily turn into a WC, and a lot of people (myself included) don't have the stamina to do that in any game.

If it is possible, keep this going, but if you must, give us a great update to end it off. :)

Well, I can see that no one really wants to see it go, and it is heartwarming to see that this was an inspiration to people, but I don't know what eles to do with it. It has been quite an education for me, and I will be sorry to see the end of it, but I really can't see it being worth the effort for any of us. If anyone is willing, though, I could give them the save game and all the necessary files and they could continue on in my stead. But I have neither the time nor the feeling to continue this.

Take over as France, the US or Great Britain and lead the comeback against the newly established Prussian hegemony. But keep the story centred on Prussia.

Take over as France, the US or Great Britain and lead the comeback against the newly established Prussian hegemony. But keep the story centred on Prussia.

Now, THAT would be interesting!

Or you could do what I did -- allow all of your conquests to be freed as puppets and see how long it is before they turned on you! :rolleyes: I had no idea how many times I could defeat France... :p

No opinion, here, Robou... I'd look forward to whatever replaced this if you were to do another. I'm certain you will not stop writing AARs.

Rensslaer

I understand your sentiment robou. It's been a great read though.

Well robou if it's no longer fun you should make one big ending update. I will be sorry to see this excellent AAR going but if it has stopped being challenging stop it while it's good.

Better to end on a good note than drag it through and end on a bad one.

I've definitely already said this to you in another conversation , robou , but I am always very glad to read your work . You have a unique taste that is much needed and I just hope for you that this decision will help you get your projects in order ! You also know that you'll always have my support ! Good luck !

Wait... that was only 15 frickin years!!!!! You make Rensselaer's Prussia, a nigh undefeatable creature look like a France! You sir, are near undefeatable in the game. And while I would like to see it continue, seeing as it is an amazing AAR, I respect any decision you make regarding it.

Now, THAT would be interesting!

Yes, particularly so since the only truly big "comeback" AARs´that I can recall where richlove's, which were in HoI2, and thus a lot more focused on total war. If Robou were to try something similar in Vicky, then the conflict would be not just a military one, but also a political and economic battle.
It would be, AFAIK, a unique endeavour.

Disclaimer:
Eventual spelling or grammar problems in the above are due to intoxication.

While I would be sad to see you end this prematurely, robou, I can understand your points of why it may happen. If it's not fun or interesting for you, then you should probably focus on those projects of yours that are. That said, this is a finely written AAR and I'd love to see more updates whichever way makes it work as a game. You gotta do what you gotta do, but we won't complain if we see more updates. :D

Unfortunately I agree that you are the victim of your own success. Only a drastic change would be likely to re-kindle your interest. Blow it all up in a 'war of succession' perhaps, or allow some circumstance to dismember the mighty edifice you have built. And then, of course, rebuild it...

I habitually walk away from games when my empire becomes too mighty to be interesting, so I'd be the last to encourage you to stick it out to the world-conquesting-end. But you might want to think over whether there would be some situation that would be interesting to write about. If not, then say 'Good night' with a clear conscience. :)

Thank you for the good times. I look forward to your next endeavor.

For my two cents, as much as I might like to see this continued through some rearranging of the balance of power, I fully understand your position. I've been there myself with Prussia/Germany. I think you need to answer the question, would the effort needed to continue this AAR for 85 more years of gameplay be more productive somewhere else? There are ways to reboot this, but you have to decide for yourself if you'd get more inspiration somewhere else, telling a new story. I think this AAR as it stands would wrap up well with some sort of conclusion of the France/UK war and the German presence in California vs the Monroe doctrine. There's no law saying that finishing means getting to 1936, and you may have already taken the important parts of this game to completion. On the other hand there are several new elements that could be developed. So I'd back you either way, you just need to figure out where your talents are better applied.